"Abbott Elementary" TV comedy about a Philly public school

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
See you see a genius cleaning. I see a cleaning genius :jawalrus:

Breh just be in the background elevating scenes :mjlol:

Shoutout the kid who had the principal scrambling this week. I like they have different kids every week showcasing a different aspect of school fukkery

yourgod

Pro
Daps
This show is hilarious but I agree with all of y’all on grand crew, shyts terrible. I refuse to believe a room filled with black writers created that souless trash. They gotta be in name only, then the network pulled an okiedoke and had some white ppl come in last minute and write everything.

Ahadi

Veteran
Daps
90s sitcoms were funny though, some of the best. Nostalgia plays in but we can't ignore the quality hitting from multiple shows on multiple fronts

Grand Crew has a weak cast and even weaker writing. The premise of the show is a group of friends who know each other well and have settled into their roles in the friend group. Right?

So who came up with this plotline:

Two of the guys are roommates with differing work schedules/lifestyles. OK cool.

one is kinda shytty in that he eats up the others food and doesn't replace it. They both have habits that annoy each other. OK cool.

They passive aggressively interact for the entire episode until they start slapboxing. OK fine.

The solution: turns out the two guys don't know each other that well at all (contradicting the premise of the damn show) and the shytty roommate feels the other looks down on him for not going to college :gucci::dwillhuh::mjtf::what::why:.

How the fukk did that even make sense in the writers room :mindblown:??

Then you got a character picking up chicks with high school Shakespeare quotes out of nowhere :dahell:. In what fukking world has that ever been a thing :patrice:

They should have burned this one off on Peacock :huhldup:

I completely agree with Grand Crew.

Casting and writing is weak / unattractive (apparently some of the writers from insecure are writing on GC)

:jbhmm:

I can’t remember if I read it here or somewhere else that the cast was originally white.

Last edited:

Reggie

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Virginia
This show is great and I am it's getting the reviews and hype that it is receiving. Usually you don't know with these shows that are midseason replacements but this one looks like a keeper so far. I know I'm all in as far as catching every episode not long after it drops.