Ab-Soul - These Days (Official Discussion Thread)

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Hasn't been that many albums to choose from, 'tis why. Didn't fukk with Ross shyt and Gibbs I just haven't been a fan of. Will check out though.

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
10 more tracks to go

Gods Reign and Tree of Life are :blessed::ahh:

Hunnid Stax and Dub Sac back to back REALLY hurt each other worse than they already do by themselves

World Runners could've been better than it is :beli:

10 more tracks to go though so it may recover:lupe:

TrifeGod

Chasing The Dragon
Daps
Reppin
Above The Clouds
And for you clowns that want to listen and judge it based on a quick playthrough, YOUR POURING JELLY ON YOURSELF!

Ab soul is a very deep lyricist and his lyrics are usually chock full of double and triple entendres. This shyt is like a fine wine. It needs time to marinate.
:whoa:I fukks with Ab HEAVY but he ain't THAT deep, honestly he raps about a lot of things where he has no full understanding in.

"I don't be in no pain, I just like how it feels/I close my eyes and follow beetles in strawberry fields/munchy munchies Welch's fruit snakes and Ms. Fields/Wicked as Aleister Crowley you nikkas know the deal!" - Just Have Fun

But I overstand his perspective. But at the end of the day he is heavily in being "dualistic." You can't be Wisdom Body but use Aleister Crowley to describe how you feel when on drugs, let a lone do drugs of such that would compare to Crowley. And as far as I know Crowley fukked himself into bliss heavier than taking drugs. It is what it is.

D1renegade

All Star
Daps
Reppin
OK
So..
After the first listen, "Hunnid Stax","Dub Sac","Twact","Closure" and "Sapiosexual" are the songs dangerously close to bushes status.
I'll need a few more spins before I formulate my final opinion, but so far this is a clear step back from Control System. I came in with low expectations and it seems those preconceptions were valid. Lets see how I feel in a few weeks..

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
So..
After the first listen, "Hunnid Stax","Dub Sac","Twact","Closure" and "Sapiosexual" are the songs dangerously close to bushes status.
I'll need a few more spins before I formulate my final opinion, but so far this is a clear step back from Control System. I came in with low expectations and it seems those preconceptions were valid. Lets see how I feel in a few weeks..
Let it set in.

I said the same after the 1st listen, but honestly, the only song that is ehhh to me is that Dub Sac track. And :wtf: @ Hunnid Stax being bushes status...

Man, people treat you real nice when you got 50 dollar draws on
:lawd:

That shyt is a banger nikka.