"A Wrinkle in TIme" directed by Ava DuVernay

Alexander The Great

I ain't gonna say this sh*t again
Supporter
Daps

this obsession by so many Black women to be seen as attractive or beautiful by white men is disgustingly toxic. and damn near every Black female director and writer over the last few years have done this. Ava, Shonda, gina bythewood(kinda), amma asante, jessica williams, michaela coel.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Movie wasn’t bad at all

Charles Wallace is a hero

Acting was good.

I did take a nap in it but I liked the message.

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
Saw it last night with the kids. Mediocre at best. Disappointing costumes. The 3 god like women acted and looked atrocious. The interracial agenda pushing felt very forced.

They're pretty bland in the book, as well. And the interracial "agenda" was gonna be present since Meg, Mom dukes were changed from their race.

lotteryplaya

Winning a big lottery jackpot is my dream.
Daps
She said in an interview shes black before she is a woman. :manny:
Donald Glover basically said he was too pro black to date outside his race but now he has a white baby mama. These plants say alot of stuff they think we want to hear just like Obama did but actions speak louder than words.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
:dead:
i woke up at the tail end of that part like "wtf just happened"...my daughter looked over at me like :smh:
We were riding back after the movie, and I talked about how problematic it was for them to make Meg seem like the cause of all the angst against her, including with that girl who seemed to hate her across the street.

My wife was like, "so they explained she had an eating disorder, and that everyone is struggling with the darkness. etc."
I was like :ohhh:

I woke up when the 3 women were leaving Earth and fading.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Ava admits she thought it was worth a try because she could make the lead a girl of color.

Again I think Ava meant well, but this wasn't the movie to do that. Glad she's getting a chance with New Gods though. Just don't do it because you love Big Barda...do it cause you love the world.

lotteryplaya

Winning a big lottery jackpot is my dream.
Daps
Professor Black Truth just tore Ava a new one in his latest Youtube video.:damn: :whew:
I can't post links but it's his most recent one titled The Fall of Agent Duvernay.:dead:

Pinyapplesuckas

He's A Good Man
Daps
Reppin
Willacoochee, Ga
as a 30+ male the movie was wack and i fell asleep pretty early on...visually its nice and i did like the main characer...hated/was creeped out by the littler brother...his name was Charles Wallace if you didnt hear them say his FULL name 89000000x throughout the movie..

now if i was a preteen girl the movie might be perfect..i saw it with my girlfriend and the whole time i thought how perfect it would have been if she took her niece to see it instead of me (it was #2 of a double feature with Black Panther sooo...)...

i see how relevant some of the content is...so i get it...i personally just didnt care for it..