A win for flabby set: Old music represent 70% of U.S music market

WesCrook

Veteran
Daps
because music sucks these days. the 2010s and 2020s are arguably the worse era in music. just microwave music

if you say that and you'll get accused of being nostalgic.

it's usually said that people stop looking or listening to new music when they hit their late 20s. but when I was young, alot of my older cousins who were in there late 20s and early 30s were still buying music that were new in the early 2000s and late 90s
Unless you're a total hip-hop fiend, there's plenty of old music that hasn't been listened. Enough to keep us occupied for a while.

Just like the movie industry. I don't care if it came out 20 years ago. It's new to me if I haven't watched it. :yeshrug:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Found this interesting

"In fact, nothing is less interesting to music executives than a completely radical new kind of music. Who can blame them for feeling this way? The radio stations will play only songs that fit the dominant formulas, which haven’t changed much in decades. The algorithms curating so much of our new music are even worse. Music algorithms are designed to be feedback loops, ensuring that the promoted new songs are virtually identical to your favorite old songs. Anything that genuinely breaks the mold is excluded from consideration almost as a rule. That’s actually how the current system has been designed to work.

Even the music genres famous for shaking up the world—rock or jazz or hip-hop—face this same deadening industry mindset. I love jazz, but many of the radio stations focused on that genre play songs that sound almost the same as what they featured 10 or 20 years ago. In many instances, they actually are the same songs'.

The problem isn’t a lack of good new music. It’s an institutional failure to discover and nurture it."

Sounds like it's not just about new music being bad. It has to sound like some old shyt to have a shot. Not good. That's why Anderson Paak and the Karaoke singer put out that bullshyt
I think this is the answer honestly. Listen to the radio, and any of the music that gets major burn sounds like some bullshyt straight out of the early 2000's. I started thinking the same a few months ago once I noticed that Wockesha remix was getting more play than the original version, even though the og is superior (Ashanti sounds terrible and it doesn't feel cohesive, just like a shytty old remix that got by on star power rather than quality).

Radio is ran by old heads who refuse to look past 2006 and give new shyt a shot.

Mandarin Duck

Majestic and Highfalutin
Daps
Reppin
Ponds
I Love this Jadakiss song :krs:

I first discovered this song on Youtube in the late 2000s during my High School years even though it was "old" song by that time.

So many quotables :banderas:
I'm like the Dow Jones of rap, My stocks is high :umad:

And it never was all Love, so stop the lies :stopitslime:

Muthafukkas will blow your brains out and watch you bleed :demonic:

The same nikka that you trust, let him watch your seed :mjcry: