♊Dogset Emperor and Sociopathic Socialite ♊
Supporter
Daps

Rakpo98

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Beside Afrobeats I can't think of the last time I've purposely sat and listened to some music that wasn't older than at least 7 years

Same. It’s so bad out there currently. Hip Hop & R&B is in such a bad place right now mainstream wise. It’s funny, I work at a lobbyist firm in DC, and the employees there are all in their 20s, 30s and 40s, so it’s a relatively young place. The team that I manage there are all between 24-32, so it’s the prime age for music listeners. Only one person in that group listens to current music, and the rest listen to older music that they were either put onto by their parents, or discovered themselves.

The young dude in the group who’s 27, listens to nothing current within the last 7-10 years. His playlist is strictly Nas, Wu-Tang, Jay-Z, LL, etc. the girls primarily listen to older rock or pop music. They don’t like the new current artists, such as Billie Elish, Dua Lipa, etc. I’m amazed that the younger crowd doesn’t fukk with current music either. It seems like younger people are discovering older music, and preferring that to anything current that they hear. It’s a pleasant surprise.