A Song of Ice & Fire by George R.R. Martin: Book Discussion Thread

The Prince of All Saiyans

Formerly Jisoo Stan & @Twitter
Daps
all these what felt like secondary characters I consistently forgot as to who the fukk they even were

mumers greyjoy?:wtf: who!?

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
@Ctdash

Dario is that nikka....dude g'd Dany...piped her on the regular AND was like fukk ya'll when she married that Meerenese dude...

Too bad Victarion is prolly gonna kill him...

random thought.
MOAR EURON GREYJOY

Didn't he get sent as a hostage to the Yunkai for going HAM after the wedding? shyt ain't looking too good for him. Either the Yunkai deads him (one of them already chopped off Groleo's head and sent it to Selmy) or like you said somehow Victarion shows up smashes that prison camp and probably kills Daario later.

That hostage shyt got me all :wtf: @ Dany on top all this Mereen bullshyt. She sent some capable and loyal peeps as hostages. Daario I understand since he was threatening to beast on people.

Last edited by a moderator:

BonafideDefacto

The Coli's Jetsetter & Globetrotter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
Bringing my post over from the Storm of Swords Thread...

What I would do for our own Sub-Forum for random discussions...:whistle:

So I was on a SoI&F forum, lurking around and did a search to see if they had a thread where they made up there own houses. These cats did a pretty good job. Got me thinking, if I came from the world, and made up a house, what would be my sigil, back story etc...

Here is 2 examples from what they did
LINK: aSoI&F Topic

House: House Whent
Sigil: Two Great Swords crossing each other, on a dark blue night sky with the moon in the corner
Motto: We Bend To No Man
Unofficial Motto: No More, No Less
Castle Name: The great castle of Grandeza
Religion: The Old Gods
Blood: Descendants of the First Men (Stark and Greyiron), though rumored some offspring of the first Lord Whent had relations with a CotF.
Location: fkf - Minus (Picture is Northwest of Winterfell, Southeast of Bear Island. Check picture)
House Weapon(s): House Whent has two distinct weapons that have been passed down through the generations. They are made of an unknown metal found in a nearby mine, nearly as sharp as Obsidian but as trustworthy as Valyrian Steel. It is said to be stainless as they looks as they did thousands of years ago.
Sworn to: House Whent has sworn fealty to House Stark, but rules its land as if they are kings. House Whent does have subordinate houses spread across the Stony Shore and Wolfswood, and during the War of the Five Kings, House Went sent approximately 1/3 of it's men. The men were very loyal to King Robb, but went North through the Neck with Ser Rodriks force. They split way with Ser Rodrik on the Kingsroad near Winterfell for fresh supplies.

Back Story: House Whent was founded during the Age of Heroes. The couple who founded this noble House were minor siblings of House Stark and House Greyiron. Being younger children (the Stark husband was said to be of close relation to Bran the Builder) they founded their House with full permission from the King in the North. They were allowed to choose a name to their liking, so long as they swore fealty to House Stark. The built their castle, Grandeza, perfectly located on the shore for fishing, near the Wolfswood for timber, and near the mountains for minerals and natural protection. Ramerion Whent, the first of his name, Lord Protector of Grandeza, was said to immediately make peace with the Children of the Forest for reasons still unknown, though there are secrets to the castle (seen later.) Through the years, the Whents have relied on three main industries for wealth: fishing, timber, and natural resources (mountains.) Fishing fed the family and some large, exotic fish are known to be wanted on the markets in Winterfell and White Harbor. The timber provides for many needed uses, such as constructing new buildings or ships (needed both by the Ironmen, the Mormonts, and the Starks. While they continue to sell resources such as copper, iron, silver, gold, and many other metals (such as what the House Swords are made of), they mainly keep to themselves unless they are in need of money, which is usually covered by the former industries. During the golden age of the North, House Whent built many more small castles. The summer house is used for enjoyment, such as Targaryen Summer Hall, and the Safehouse can be compared to the Eyrie, said to be impregnable due to the natural location. No one knows of the safe house, called Sicherheit. Their have been rumors among the various Lords that the CotF helped build a secret, underground tunnel to the castle. They have prospered through the years, and Aegon Tarygaryen didn't even bother making the House bend the knee until the formal procession at King's Landing. Neither the Boltons nor the Ironborn have tried to attack House Whent, and due to the stories they've heard (a nephew of the Lord was a squire near Robb), the Whents have declared a secession from the rule of the Boltons. House Whent has continued relations with the Wall, sending 35 horses, 25 fur coats, metal (for swords), and 3 minor subordinate offspring per year. The House also has great relation with House Reed and the Lord went with Ned and Howland to the ToJ, but was sent away to make sure Robert didn't make a terrible decision. Eddard Stark once said, "Promise me, David...."

Another...​

House Name: Delchyster
House Words: The Sands Unnumbered, the Hour Unknown
Sigil: An hourglass with the sand half-fallen, on a field divided argent and ebony.
Location: The northern coast of Dorne, meeting the foothills of the Red Mountains.
House Weapon: Remembrance, a cracked weirwood spear with silver filigree running along the shaft.
Sworn to: House Jordayne of the Tor

The distant origins of House Delchyster started with Nymeria and her ten thousand ships, settling along the northern part where coast, desert and the foothills of the Red Mountains converge. They served House Jordayne as attendants and retainers, mediating between that house and House Yronwood. They achieved some recognition during the War of the Ninepenny Kings and were raised to landed knights. Many have taken up worship of the Seven since the status of the house was raised, though a few of the older members still keep faith with the gods of the Rhoynar. Their castle is Fallingsand

We should do some shyt like this brehs. I'm too tired to think after reading this, but I'm going to come up with something while I'm on the train tomorrow on my way to work. Shyt, I'll even design my own sigil and post it since Im going to be doing shyt at my desk for lunch. This will occupy my mind tomorrow...​

Mr. Pink

All Star
Daps
Euron Greyjoy gives ZERO fukks. Homie went to Valeria and came back like "Yall niccas p*ssy" :pacspit:
Actually I think there is a bit of evidence spread around the books that Euron is a wizard of oz type of figure, he seems larger than life, but is actually just smoke and mirrors, and sometimes his facade cracks.

-he claims he found the dragonhorn in Valyria, but he probably found it aboard the Warlock ship he seized
-he claims he threw his dragon egg in the sea in a fit of rage, but he probably used it to pay the Faceless Men to kill Balon
A smile played across Euron’s blue lips. “I am the storm, my lord. The first storm, and the last. I have taken the Silence on longer voyages than this, and ones far more hazardous. Have you forgotten? I have sailed the Smoking Sea and seen Valyria.”
“Have you?” the Reader asked, so softly.
Euron’s blue smile vanished. “Reader,” he said into the quiet, “you would do well to keep your nose in your books.”

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
Bringing my post over from the Storm of Swords Thread...

What I would do for our own Sub-Forum for random discussions...:whistle:

So I was on a SoI&F forum, lurking around and did a search to see if they had a thread where they made up there own houses. These cats did a pretty good job. Got me thinking, if I came from the world, and made up a house, what would be my sigil, back story etc...

Here is 2 examples from what they did
LINK: aSoI&F Topic

Another...​

We should do some shyt like this brehs. I'm too tired to think after reading this, but I'm going to come up with something while I'm on the train tomorrow on my way to work. Shyt, I'll even design my own sigil and post it since Im going to be doing shyt at my desk for lunch. This will occupy my mind tomorrow...​

:mjpls:

If we were transported to the known world almost all of us would be in the Summer Isles worshipping that 16 tittied goddess knee deep in all the p*ssy we could get. :takedat:

But I'll humor this, I attempted a thread on this a while back but it never took.

House Cearl

Sigil
: Lanner Falcon on round shield on top of crossing swords

Motto: We Will Soar

Family Sword: Azuremor; sky sword. A word combination of azure (sky) and claymore (claidheamh mòr, great sword). It's an edged rapier with a black and silver hilt embedded with a bluish gemstone.

BonafideDefacto

The Coli's Jetsetter & Globetrotter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
They let me know the board will be in the office today early this morning so I was on the laptop doing work on the train ride here so I didnt get a chance to do it. Bout to take my lunch so ill work on something. I really want to design a sigil tho

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I just started the first book but what is the possibility of little finger becoming the ruler?? Reading wiki him varys and roose Bolton are playing super chess while everyone else is Playing checkers , mahjong and tic tac toe .

Bud Bundy

A Bundy never cares
Daps
@Ctdash

Dario is that nikka....dude g'd Dany...piped her on the regular AND was like fukk ya'll when she married that Meerenese dude...

Too bad Victarion is prolly gonna kill him...

random thought.
MOAR EURON GREYJOY

I loved the way Victarion didn't even stop like them dudes from Drone.

Dude found out she was married and was just going to kill the husband without a second thought. :ehh: I respect that gangster. Also besides his brothers issues he kind of reminds me of Karl Dargoo and Danny likes them bad boys so Victorian got a shot.

Last edited by a moderator:

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
I just started the first book but what is the possibility of little finger becoming the ruler?? Reading wiki him Tyrion and roose Bolton are playing super chess while everyone else is Playing checkers , mahjong and tic tac toe .

0% chance for Littlefinger. And how did you deduce that Roose is playing super chess? Dude is actually tic tac toe level. He only gets his one ups and elevations through biding his time, caution and heavy assists.

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
0% chance for Littlefinger. And how did you deduce that Roose is playing super chess? Dude is actually tic tac toe level. He only gets his one ups and elevations through biding his time, caution and heavy assists.

Your right lol I'm just grieving for what know is coming this season involving the Starks :to: little finger tho lol guy is on his jigsaw tip

Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin
The Traps of Unified Korea

Just going by moves in motion right now, it's impossible to say Littlefinger has 0%.

Dude has put together the best hand in this game right now.

If he can get the Vale and the North to declare in his favor then :wow: And you know his ambitions don't stop with him ruling from the shadows as Sansa and the Vale heir reign. Dude is obsessed with Sansa. His final play, whether successful or not, will be to be her husband.

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just going by moves in motion right now, it's impossible to say Littlefinger has 0%.

Dude has put together the best hand in this game right now.

If he can get the Vale and the North to declare in his favor then :wow: And you know his ambitions don't stop with him ruling from the shadows as Sansa and the Vale heir reign. Dude is obsessed with Sansa. His final play, whether successful or not, will be to be her husband.

Why must the Starks take so many l's :to: Ned just wanted to be noble damn it and look where that gets the whole family !! The winter is coming :to:

Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin
The Traps of Unified Korea
Why must the Starks take so many l's :to: Ned just wanted to be noble damn it and look where that gets the whole family !! The winter is coming :to:

It's all good breh breh. We all know about the advances in thuggery Bran and Arya are taking, and the streets aren't even kind of ready for the type of animal that Rickon has become on Goon Island.

Kid was already psycho, now he's running with cannibal savages in a place where even pirates are afraid to go :wow: