A Song of Ice & Fire by George R.R. Martin: Book Discussion Thread

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Zero update but since this thread has been upped cause of the show thought I'd post this GRRM blog from yesterday:

:mjlol: :snoop:

This blog post on Deadspin is almost a fukking decade old and has never been more true:

:pacspit:

He's also pimping a new box set for the books that comes out in October. Maybe that points to the possibility of TWOW coming, since people would likely buy the old books to prepare. But I doubt it. I wouldn't be stunned if he's only finished 100 pages this year.

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
LISTEN TO ME.....

๐Ÿ‘STOP.๐Ÿ‘BOOSTING.๐Ÿ‘THIS.๐Ÿ‘fukkING THREAD.๐Ÿ‘IT'S๐Ÿ‘NEVER๐Ÿ‘EVER๐Ÿ‘GOING๐Ÿ‘TO๐Ÿ‘BE๐Ÿ‘FINISHED๐Ÿ‘

NEVER!:damn:

AND I'M NOT MAD. :skip:I REALLY DON'T CARE ANYMORE. :why:I'VE MOVED ON. I DON'T NEED A CONCLUSION. :troll:I'M AT PEACE WITH BEING ABANDONED AND STRANDED WITH A MASSIVE CLIFFHANGER IN THE MIDDLE OF ONE OF THE LONGEST SERIES I'VE EVER READ. :beli:

SERIOUSLY, I'M REALLY FINE. I'M GOOD. OK?:mjcry: BUT Y'ALL LISTEN FOR REALZ, PLEASE LET THIS THREAD DIE.

Diunx

Probably drunk
Daps
Reppin
nightset
LISTEN TO ME.....

๐Ÿ‘STOP.๐Ÿ‘BOOSTING.๐Ÿ‘THIS.๐Ÿ‘fukkING THREAD.๐Ÿ‘IT'S๐Ÿ‘NEVER๐Ÿ‘EVER๐Ÿ‘GOING๐Ÿ‘TO๐Ÿ‘BE๐Ÿ‘FINISHED๐Ÿ‘

AND I'M NOT MAD. :skip:I REALLY DON'T CARE ANYMORE. :why:I'VE MOVED ON. I DON'T NEED A CONCLUSION. :troll:I'M AT PEACE WITH BEING ABANDONED AND STRANDED WITH A MASSIVE CLIFFHANGER IN THE MIDDLE OF ONE OF THE LONGEST SERIES I'VE EVER READ. :beli:

SERIOUSLY, I'M REALLY FINE. I'M GOOD. OK?:mjcry: BUT Y'ALL LISTEN FOR REALZ, PLEASE LET THIS THREAD DIE.
Once the release is announced, there will be a new thread.

ciubaca

Superstar
Daps
LISTEN TO ME.....

cliffhanger? what about Bran the Broken?

Diunx

Probably drunk
Daps
Reppin
nightset
Man can't believe the let out the most popular dragonseed.

Enjoying the season but I agree with most people that its way too slow, I guess HBO wants to milk this for all its worth, and man where the fukk is The Cannibal?:stopitslime:

The Dragonseeds part of the book was so much fun.

Also while I wasn't expecting book Rhaenyra I do hope that in the last episode she "wakes her dragon", I wanna see unhinged angry Rhae, the actress is so fukking good and all she has done this season is stand around talking.

God Of Art

TheColi's Favorite Artist
Daps
Reppin
Port City Louisiana Cooper Road
Man can't believe the let out the most popular dragonseed.

Enjoying the season but I agree with most people that its way too slow, I guess HBO wants to milk this for all its worth, and man where the fukk is The Cannibal?:stopitslime:

The Dragonseeds part of the book was so much fun.
I'm pissed we may not get Nettles man...they gonna give her story to Rhaena smh

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Hate to bump this with no book news, it's about HOTD.

The S2 finale leaked, I glanced at some spoiler notes and man...I think they straight up ruined this show and I'm stunned. Basically nothing happens in the finale besides some insane changes. They slow walked this entire season only to end without Rhae taking King's Landing or the Gullet. I never thought the Gullet would be in S2, given that killing off another one of Rhae's kids in a finale seemed like a bad idea. But it's clear they are milking this show for as many seasons as possible now. It sets up S3 to begin with the fall of King's Landing. Why the fukk wouldn't you end with that this season, giving Rhae a triumphant end before shyt hits the fan in S3?

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps

The S2 finale leaked, I glanced at some spoiler notes and man...I think they straight up ruined this show and I'm stunned. Basically nothing happens in the finale besides some insane changes. They slow walked this entire season only to end without Rhae taking King's Landing or the Gullet. I never thought the Gullet would be in S2, given that killing off another one of Rhae's kids in a finale seemed like a bad idea. But it's clear they are milking this show for as many seasons as possible now. It sets up S3 to begin with the fall of King's Landing. Why the fukk wouldn't you end with that this season, giving Rhae a triumphant end before shyt hits the fan in S3?
I decided to watch after I got spoiled scrolling my FB timeline and youโ€™re right. Some crazy cinematography that I canโ€™t wait to see in 4K but otherwise a letdown. Like whatever season that was that ended with Dany crowdsurfing (although itโ€™s not that level of bad lol)

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I think you're in the The Boys or The Bear threads where I mention that this is what all these shows are doing now.

Everybody's adding filler to stretch the dope, so now you have a full season of episodes with a quarter season worth of relevant plot and character development

This type of cash grab greed energy is why I never bothered watching HOD in the first place

Mister Terrific

Itโ€™s in the name
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I think you're in the The Boys or The Bear threads where I mention that this is what all these shows are doing now.

Everybody's adding filler to stretch the dope, so now you have a full season of episodes with a quarter season worth of relevant plot and character development

This type of cash grab greed energy is why I never bothered watching HOD in the first place
The best way to watch is donโ€™t take it seriously. Iโ€™m checked out on my phone until the last 15 minutes as thatโ€™s usually when thereโ€™s something relevant happening.

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The best way to watch is donโ€™t take it seriously. Iโ€™m checked out on my phone until the last 15 minutes as thatโ€™s usually when thereโ€™s something relevant happening.
That's an awful way to watch anything breh:dahell: I got better ways to spend my time

This is why these networks are able to get away with making trash

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps

I haven't seen The Boys, but am a couple eps into The Bear S3. Def odd to see them regressing Carmy so quickly, after the development he made in S2. I won't judge it until I finish but I see what you're saying.

I agree they're just creating bland content to stall out shows though. I get why HOTD isn't three seasons, but at this place I'm not sure how they finish in four seasons either. This could end up being 5 seasons, and I'd imagine the episode count will keep lowering. 6 episodes next season, 5 the next season, etc. It's asinine.