A Song of Ice & Fire by George R.R. Martin: Book Discussion Thread

Piffery

All Star
Daps
Did we talk about
mutha fukking valarian steel armor, you fukking kidding me?
Whole chapter was lit but my favorite part of it was Aemons empathy growing and h actually using his faith to comfort someone at the end of the chapter.

But yah Eurons ridiculous, can't wait to see the shyt he pulls on Oldtown as well as if Sam will get involved in that conflict beyond just defending Oldtown with everyone.

jericho

The North Remembers
Daps
Reppin
Probably not in 2016, but there's nothing about this that I think justifies your last statement, way too dramatic.

Has this man showed you anything that makes you think he finishes book 6 before the TV series is over? I'm not holding my breath

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
Brehs, Winds of Winter IS DROPPING NOVEMBER 15TH!!!!!!!!:blessed::blessed::blessed::blessed:

Yes indeed, the critically acclaimed 10th episode of season 6 of HBO's hit tv series Game of Thrones, "The Winds of Winter" drops on Blu Ray on November 15th. Reserve your copy today.

:troll:

Devilinurear

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Brehs, Winds of Winter IS DROPPING NOVEMBER 15TH!!!!!!!!:blessed::blessed::blessed::blessed:

Yes indeed, the critically acclaimed 10th episode of season 6 of HBO's hit tv series Game of Thrones, "The Winds of Winter" drops on Blu Ray on November 15th. Reserve your copy today.

But for real is the blu Ray dropping at that time

Dat Migo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Boston

"The Winds of Winter", the new novel based on the HBO hit show "The Game of Thrones".

Big Dick

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm on re-read number two but this time I'm doing the combined read through for feast and dance. Been loving. Dat nerd Lyfe feel right. Extra right.

Piffery

All Star
Daps
How is Dunk and Egg?

I haven't read any of the side books
I've only finished the first one (there's three so far), but it's pretty damn amazing.
The climax is amazing and Dunk is one of Grrms best characters.
"The Dunk and Egg stories are an ongoing series of novellas written by George R. R. Martin, set in the world of A Song of Ice and Fire, prequels to the main novels. The stories relate the adventures of the hedge knight SerDuncan the Tall, who would become a legendary member of the Kingsguard, and his squire Egg, who would become King Aegon V Targaryen of Westeros. The stories begin with their meeting eighty-nine years before the events of the main novels (209 AC), and may cover the events until the deaths of Duncan and King Aegon."
"More travels and more travails await our hedge knight and his squire in the years to come. From Dorne to the Wall, their journeys will carry them across the length and breadth of the Seven Kingdoms, and even beyond the narrow sea to the Disputed Lands and the shining cities of Essos.

Along the way they will cross paths with lords and knights and sorcerers, and many a fair maid and noble lady, to write their names into the annals of Westeros, never to be forgotten.

But those are tales for another time."
It's pretty sad knowing how they end up dying though.
The first story's only like 50 something pages, you should read it.