A Song of Ice & Fire by George R.R. Martin: Book Discussion Thread

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
I think the book payoffs will be better

I love tv but storytelling in a medium that isn't bound by time limits is just :lawd: and George is so precise with the details. Someone get him on a vegan diet :dame:

Congrats on the win last night btw breh :salute: made messi bytch ass sit down quick

Oh, the books will no doubt be better. I meant that they wont be as gratifying or fan service-y like the TV show. How George gets to the ending will probably be amazing but I think it will be less "clean" than what D&D gave us, I expect a lot more fukkery and :demonic: shyt instead of so many :ahh: clean Ws for some characters.

Thanks breh :salute: one of the best hangovers I've ever had :blessed:

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
:ohhh:

This nikka Varys got a teleporter.

He left Mereen last episode was in Dorne in the middle of this episode and was sailing to Westoros by the end.

:dead:

I don't get why D&D don't make any effort in showing that time has passed and that not every storyline is happening at the same time. I'm not saying they should show how many months there's been between scenes, but a couple of dialogues here and there, a raven being read or whatever were simple things they could've do to make things clearer. Like, when Yara and Theon were in that whorehouse Theon could've said "getting to Mereen will take us a month, I hope no one gets there before us" or some shyt like that, then it doesn't look like fast travel when they just pop up in front of Danny.

For all we know, Sam got to Oldtown when Jon and Sansa were gathering supporters in the North before fighting Ramsey. But the way things are being shown it's gonna look like Sam read 100,000 pages in one month and came up with a plan to fight White Walkers :francis:

Microfracture

Real G's move in silence
Daps
Reppin
Knees
I think the book payoffs will be better

I love tv but storytelling in a medium that isn't bound by time limits is just :lawd: and George is so precise with the details. Someone get him on a vegan diet :dame:

Congrats on the win last night btw breh :salute: made messi bytch ass sit down quick

I need ALL the descriptions of the lamprey pie and how it pairs well with Dornish red

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
I don't get why D&D don't make any effort in showing that time has passed and that not every storyline is happening at the same time. I'm not saying they should show how many months there's been between scenes, but a couple of dialogues here and there, a raven being read or whatever were simple things they could've do to make things clearer. Like, when Yara and Theon were in that whorehouse Theon could've said "getting to Mereen will take us a month, I hope no one gets there before us" or some shyt like that, then it doesn't look like fast travel when they just pop up in front of Danny.

For all we know, Sam got to Oldtown when Jon and Sansa were gathering supporters in the North before fighting Ramsey. But the way things are being shown it's gonna look like Sam read 100,000 pages in one month and came up with a plan to fight White Walkers :francis:
When Dany was coming back to Mereen with the Dothraki, StraighttodvdDario said they were a week out. After she flies back on Drogon, her army shows up at what seems to be the very next day during the battle. So:yeshrug:

FrankyFourFingers

Raised in Ruins
Daps
Reppin
CA
What are yall book readers thoughts on the nights kings motives? Ive read alot of theories suggesting that they are only trying to save the world from the virus known as humanity. What do yall think of some of the theories?

EDIT: talking about the shows nights king but free to talk about the books as well, cause they have drastically changed his history

Last edited:

Vilhena

All Star
Daps

Looks like they never learned from the pilot episode where they had to reshoot 90% because it got shytted on by another director.