A Song of Ice & Fire by George R.R. Martin: Book Discussion Thread

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Please tell me Umber is gonna pull a "The North Remembers" on Ramsay's psycho ass and give Rickon the chance to murk dude :to:

please :to:

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
Shaggy dog was fake right? Just like the books used a fake dead Davos?

head was small and Umber never made any oaths or bent the knee.

Alot of ppl speculating that and I really hope that's right. If rickon and osha are the ones being flayed on the battlefield I'm gonna be pissed lol

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
Melisandre clearly articulating that Stannis was NOT azor ahai :mjlol: and that Jon Snow, Rhaegar's son, is indeed azor ahai :heh:

then we see that Ned is only honorable to the point of omitting information about how he won the biggest duel of his life and recent westerosi history because howland reed stabbed the GOAT in the back :whew:

remember when the theories were that howland used cranoggsmen magic or warging to help ned defeat them :heh:

starkset took a minor but not insignificant L there, and @fact just plain lost AGAIN

edit: do tommen's kingsguard have the baratheon/lannister sigil on them :jbhmm: i get why they put the dragon on aerys' kingsguard because show watchers don't know what house dayne and house whent are, but i don't remember seeing it outside of that scene

Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin
The Traps of Unified Korea
Melisandre clearly articulating that Stannis was NOT azor ahai :mjlol: and that Jon Snow, Rhaegar's son, is indeed azor ahai :heh:

then we see that Ned is only honorable to the point of omitting information about how he won the biggest duel of his life and recent westerosi history because howland reed stabbed the GOAT in the back :whew:

remember when the theories were that howland used cranoggsmen magic or warging to help ned defeat them :heh:

starkset took a minor but not insignificant L there, and @fact just plain lost AGAIN

edit: do tommen's kingsguard have the baratheon/lannister sigil on them :jbhmm: i get why they put the dragon on aerys' kingsguard because show watchers don't know what house dayne and house whent are, but i don't remember seeing it outside of that scene
Show ain't cannon fam, those theories are still alive and well :blessed:

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
Show ain't cannon fam, those theories are still alive and well :blessed:
it very like will involve some magic of reed, his specter in the books looms much larger than on screen

but the show is also canon, and that his role at TOJ could be reduced to Kinard murking Omar was underwhelming but logical

TKOK

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Sactown
it very like will involve some magic of reed, his specter in the books looms much larger than on screen

but the show is also canon, and that his role at TOJ could be reduced to Kinard murking Omar was underwhelming but logical
Don't the books say something about Reed using a net or some shyt. I always assumed he used that to help beat Dayne

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
Was I the only one disappointed in the TOJ scene? I didn't get the lines I wanted. Woe to the usurper and all that. At least they didn't fukk up the now it ends line
Ehhh, it had the potential to be better but it also could have been much worse. The fighting was spot on and we got a few iconic lines at least

It doesnt approach the adaptation perfection of the Purple Wedding, but it was entertaining nonetheless.

The Arthur Dayne 2 sword change was terrible in theory but made sense when actually seen. Tough to fight off 4 attackers with 1 sword when they are all coming after you at once (none of that 1 at a time movie cliche crap).

He still had Dawn at least, even though it wasnt a milky white greatsword