A Song of Ice & Fire by George R.R. Martin: Book Discussion Thread

Big Dick

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Brehs the day is quickly approaching where I can no longer partake in online game of thrones talk and fukkery. Makes me sad, once jon gets knifed up at the wall, and maybe before, I'm gonna have to go ghost mode.

That fat fukk needs to finish the next book asap.

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
who was petyr talking about last episode?
Man I been trying to figure it out. It seems like it would be Lancel but you would think he confessed everything once he became a sparrow. If you pay attention to what the High Sparrow said the Cersei though "......he has a lot to say about you", as opposed to saying "had" meaning he already gave up that information.

Some podcasters are saying he may be talking abut Gendry but that makes no sense because that would also destroy Margery's claim as queen if Gendry was presented as some sort of proof of Cersei's infidelity to Robert.

Another one could be the dude Oliver. If LF has him killed before Loras and Margery's trials who could testify against them then?

The Watcher

Judging you from afar
Daps
Reppin
Peepholes
Episode 10 "Mothers Mercy"

Possible meanings:

Penance Walk - Yes
Dany and Drogo - Yes
Selyse and Shireen - Maybe
Lady Stoneheart - Possibly, not likely
Promise Me Ned - I wish

They've been :troll: Stoneheart for 2 seasons now and this is just another :troll:. They could name EP10 "The one where Lady Stoneheart returns from the Riverlands" and it still wouldn't happen. I swear they get some kind of extra yearly bonus check for this same old troll job.

I think Promise Me Ned is coming at the beginning of next season - like Cersei started this one with Maggy the Frog flashbacks.

The rest seems right though. Even that horrific Shireen scene that they've been teasing all season ( :damn:). I would also add Arya giving Meryn fukking Trant the old sliced nuts death as "Mercy" too.

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
oliver makes the most sense.

lancel is too obvious and he's shown he don't fukk with little finger like that.

i can't see it being gendry. nobody knows where he is and that's Robert's kid, i don't see how Robert cheating makes cersei look bad.

Man I been trying to figure it out. It seems like it would be Lancel but you would think he confessed everything once he became a sparrow. If you pay attention to what the High Sparrow said the Cersei though "......he has a lot to say about you", as opposed to saying "had" meaning he already gave up that information.

Some podcasters are saying he may be talking abut Gendry but that makes no sense because that would also destroy Margery's claim as queen if Gendry was presented as some sort of proof of Cersei's infidelity to Robert.

Another one could be the dude Oliver. If LF has him killed before Loras and Margery's trials who could testify against them then?

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
i can't see it being gendry. nobody knows where he is and that's Robert's kid, i don't see how Robert cheating makes cersei look bad.
That would go back to the "seed is strong" thing. Theoretically proven that Tommen is not Robert's son and therefore not the king. But that would destroy Margery as queen also

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
That would go back to the "seed is strong" thing. Theoretically proven that Tommen is not Robert's son and therefore not the king. But that would destroy Margery as queen also
how would they price he's actually Robert's son though?

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
The only way they can do it is by looks. That's why when Ned was reading that one book (something to do with Baratheon family history) that Jon Arryn had before he died and every Barratheon was described as having dark hair. Also why almost all of Roberts b*stards were killed cause they all had dark hair as well. You got a line of baratheons all with dark hair and all of sudden here comes these 3 kids with blonde hair and the Baratheon gene is no longer dominant. Yeah, it don't make much sense to us but that's the way they did things. That whole "seed is strong" line of thinking again.

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps

in the GoT world genetics are strong as hell..thats why Lannister almost every time WILL have blonde hair. Or Targs silver/white hair. Or the Starks hearty and brown haired....or how ALL the Sand Snakes have the Viper's widow's peak and eyes.

I mean its seriously real. How people say Sansa is all Tully because she bears virtually NO Stark traits.

So "the seed is strong" is a real thing...so think back how in the show Ned goes to meet Gendry and the very moment he sees him he knows its Robert's kid.

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
in the GoT world genetics are strong as hell..thats why Lannister almost every time WILL have blonde hair. Or Targs silver/white hair. Or the Starks hearty and brown haired....or how ALL the Sand Snakes have the Viper's widow's peak and eyes.

I mean its seriously real. How people say Sansa is all Tully because she bears virtually NO Stark traits.

So "the seed is strong" is a real thing...so think back how in the show Ned goes to meet Gendry and the very moment he sees him he knows its Robert's kid.
I never got this

Sansa is clearly a Stark but looks all Tully. Same with Jon and his two bloodlines. What's stopping Cersei from saying the same about Tommen?

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
I never got this

Sansa is clearly a Stark but looks all Tully. Same with Jon and his two bloodlines. What's stopping Cersei from saying the same about Tommen?

Because Tommen looks and IS all Lannister....there's no way he could pass for Baratheon because he isn't. Jon looks like a Stark because he has a Stark parent. Sansa has a tully parent...Tommen's parents are both Lannisters....so he can't even TRY and pass. People already were talking when they saw Joffery.

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
i just can't see them taking a b*stard's claim seriously. everybody who could have done something about it is dead.