A sister has figured dudes likes Chris.B out

ChiefQueen

HBIC
Daps
Some of them genuinely hate their mothers while they simultaneously feel guilt about this. They blame their mothers for their Blackness that they subconsciously want to reject. But it’s practically unconscionable to speak against one’s own Black mother...

In some cases, the mother who stays is hated over the idealization of the father who left. There’s a conglomerate of negative feelings that they have for their mothers but cannot project them on their mothers without debilitating guilt. Thus, these feelings are projected onto any and all other Black women.

:wow: She hit the nail on the head.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Not on the same level. A black woman is more likely to get hired over a black man. Black women are not frequently harassed by police or constantly depicted by the media as violent criminals. Black women receive far better treatment and the problems you mentioned for black women really are nowhere close to the same level.

And you know the people getting on black women about their looks? Other black women. Look at Gabby Douglas. Who were the people ranting about her hair? Black women. The ones who are putting relaxers and other products in their daughter's hair? The black mothers.
Black women are hired more than black men due to having more degrees, but black women with the same qualifications are turned down for white women. Let's not pretend like black women aren't being discriminated against.

Why do black women believe their looks are inferior? Because western media tells them it's inferior, end of story. Some (not all, let's be real) black women shat on Gabby not because they're a$$holes, it's due to them defending and living under western beauty standards their entire lives. I've seen black women hate on beautiful dread locks (like Lauryn Hill's) as being nappy or too black...that mental poison runs deep. Are you denying that? Because we all know black men also suffer from western standards as well. I'm just saying that for a girl/women, it must be beyond painful to deal with that shyt on the daily.

mrken12

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Maryland
Black women are hired more than black men due to having more degrees

No. It has to do with a black woman not being perceived as a threat.

Because western media tells them it's inferior, end of story. Some (not all, let's be real) black women shat on Gabby not because they're @ssholes, it's due to them defending and living under western beauty standards their entire lives. I've seen black women hate on beautiful dread locks (like Lauryn Hill's) as being nappy or too black...that mental poison runs deep. Are you denying that? Because we all know black men also suffer from western standards as well. I'm just saying that for a girl/women, it must be beyond painful to deal with that shyt on the daily.

I agree. However, black women are far more influenced by western beauty standards than we are.

Will Ross

Superstar
Bushed
Daps

I agree. However, black women are far more influenced by western beauty standards than we are.

Black women don't feel sexy until someone white tells them they are.

Gravity

Banned
Daps
No she didn't. She's speaking empty rhetoric.
She was pretty much on point but her problem is that she calls out black men without including black women. You can't call out 1 gender without calling out the other. This is the problem that the Sotomayor cat has. A lot of the shyt that he says is completely on point but he loses all credibility because he he's not coming from a place of love. His generalizations and stereotypes of black women are made to tear black women down, not build them up. I don't even watch his videos but the I watched the one about Sheryl Underwood(by mistake actually), and that video is exactly what I'm talking about. His points about Underwood's comments being an unacceptable example of self hate were dead ass, but he then went on to use the incident to basically shyt on all black women and advise black men not to deal with them. :what: You can't be pro black and anti black man/woman at the same time. There is no black men without the black woman and vice versa. I'm not sure why that continues to be lost on black people.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps

That's not true. Black women graduate from college at a higher rate than black men. Is it a surprise that they're getting better/more jobs?

Finally on beauty standards, sure I'd agree that as women, black women are certainly influenced more by western standards; the white woman is the avatar of beauty in western media, still. But black men are greatly influenced to, as it impacts how we view black women. Especially dark black women. How many popular dark black chicks are on TV in any medium? We have been conditioned to prefer straight hair, just as black women have been conditioned to want straight hair.

I'm not saying if you find white women attractive it's because you're brainwashed. I'm a straight man breh and so are you: we find beautiful women to be attractive regardless of race. But let's not pretend like we're immune to hundreds of years worth of revision and brainwashing.

mrken12

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Maryland
She was pretty much on point but her problem is that she calls out black men without including black women. You can't call out 1 gender without calling out the other. This is the problem that the Sotomayor cat has. A lot of the shyt that he says is completely on point but he loses all credibility because he he's not coming from a place of love. His generalizations and stereotypes of black women are made to tear black women down, not build them up. I don't even watch his videos but the I watched the one about Sheryl Underwood(by mistake actually), and that video is exactly what I'm talking about. His points about Underwood's comments being an unacceptable example of self hate were dead ass, but he then went on to use the incident to basically shyt on all black women and advise black men not to deal with them. :what: You can't be pro black and anti black man/woman at the same time. There is no black men without the black woman and vice versa. I'm not sure why that continues to be lost on black people.

Sotomayor is a total troll. It's obvious and he's so over the top that I can't take him seriously.

mrken12

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Maryland
Last edited:

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Theological Noncognitivist Since Birth
Daps
Reppin
The Wrong Side of the Tracks