A Real Black VS A Mulatto: Y'all Really Can't Tell the Difference?!?!

DabbinSauce

Banned
Daps
I'm AA and I get it. But like you said: a lot of AAs are fukked up because of slavery. When I see these posters fighting to hold on to mulattos I realize that all they're really fighting to hold on to is white supremacy. Its so sad to see, some of us are so lost.
If by "fukked up from slavery" you mean we come from families that contain people who don't look like they are from congo, africa referring to themselves as black, so when we see light skinned black people we don't automatically think to ourselves that they are mixed, then
post-25374-Michael-Jordan-YEAH-gif-wyUJ.gif

Knuckles Red

<3<3<3
Daps
I'm pretty sure there has been a multitude of bi-racial people that have been murdered and racially profiled by white Americans, me not having access to those stories don't change that.

Your type of thinking is hazardous, not to blacks but to bi-racials who in fact do look black, but at the end of the day i don't give a fukk, it's their funeral

You're pretty sure? Well I'm DEFINITELY sure that police brutality happens to BLACK people. Its all over the news, internet, and social media every year 24/7. And I don't give a fukk about my thinking being hazardous to mulattos.

DabbinSauce

Banned
Daps
You don't know what it's like to have a white parent but at the same time you're trying to speak for their experiences?:russ:
I've seen one of his posts where talks about not being able to relate to black people because he didn't grow up around any during the whole #Growingupblack hash tag, but now all of a sudden he wants to talk about how African Americans look, when he doesn't even come from an African American community

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
I've seen one of his posts where talks about not being able to relate to black people because he didn't grow up around any during the whole #Growingupblack hash tag, but now all of a sudden he wants to talk about how African Americans look, when he doesn't even come from an African American community

Dude faking the funk:mjlol:

DabbinSauce

Banned
Daps
You're pretty sure? Well I'm DEFINITELY sure that police brutality happens to BLACK people. Its all over the news, internet, and social media every year 24/7. And I don't give a fukk about my thinking being hazardous to mulattos.
:francis:

Hybrinetics

Banned
Daps
Even just having a white parent cancels out the ability for them to identify as black. More mulattos are beginning to wake up and realize that their population is growing. They won't need to bite off of our culture in the future, as they become more independent. And thank goodness for that.
no it doesnt.. and it depends on the phenotype he/she has. mulattoes who look like admixed aframs identify as black all the time.

Knuckles Red

<3<3<3
Daps
LOL...I'm still AA, moron. And I have family members. I have a black identity. And what I said is that I wasn't able to relate to the blacks that I went to school with because they were from the hood, and I was from the suburbs. Geographic location does not equal race, moron!!! I'm still black with two black parents!!! That wouldn't change even if I lived in fukking Tokyo!!!!!

DabbinSauce

Banned
Daps
LOL...I'm still AA, moron. And I have family members. I have a black identity. And what I said is that I wasn't able to relate to the blacks that I went to school with because they were from the hood, and I was from the suburbs. Geographic location does not equal race, moron!!! I'm still black with two black parents!!! That wouldn't change even if I lived in fukking Tokyo!!!!!
:francis:

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
no it doesnt.. and it depends on the phenotype he/she has. mulattoes who look like admixed aframs identify as black all the time.

ZyWYnN4.jpg

Danzy Senna

Before all of this radical ambiguity, I was a black girl. I fear even saying this. The political strong arm of the multiracial movement, affectionately known as the Mulatto Nation (just "M.N." for those in the know), decreed just yesterday that those who refuse to comply with orders to embrace their many heritages will be sent on the first plane to Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, where, the M.N.'s minister of defense said, "they might learn the true meaning of mestizo power."

But, with all due respect to the multiracial movement, I cannot tell a lie. I was a black girl. Not your ordinary black girl, if such a thing exists. But rather, a black girl with a Wasp mother and a black-Mexican father, and a face that harkens to Andalusia, not Africa. I was born in 1970, when "black" described a people bonded not by shared complexion or hair texture but by shared history.

Not only was I black (and here I go out on a limb), but I was an enemy of the people. The mulatto people, that is. I sneered at those byproducts of miscegenation who chose to identify as mixed, not black. I thought it wishy-washy, an act of flagrant assimilation, treason, passing even.

It was my parents who made me this way. In Boston circa 1975, mixed wasn't really an option. The words "A fight, a fight, a nikka and a white!" could be heard echoing from schoolyards during recess. You were either white or black. No checking "Other." No halvsies. No in-between. Black people, being the bottom of the social totem pole in Boston, were inevitably the most accepting of difference; they were the only race to come in all colors, and so there I found myself. Sure, I found myself. Sure, I received some strange reactions from all quarters when I called myself black. But black people usually got over their initial surprise and welcomed me into the ranks. It was white folks who grew the most uncomfortable with the dissonance between the face they saw and the race they didn't. Upon learning who I was, they grew paralyzed with fear that they might have "slipped up" in my presence, that is, said something racist, not knowing there was a negro in their midst. Often, they had.

Let it be clear -- my parents' decision to raise us as black wasn't based on any one-drop rule from the days of slavery, and it certainly wasn't based on our appearance, that crude reasoning many black-identified mixed people use: if the world sees me as black, I must be black. If it had been based on appearance, my sister would have been black, my brother Mexican, and me Jewish. Instead, my parents' decision arose out of the rising black power movement, which made identifying as black not a pseudoscientific rule but a conscious choice. You told us all along that we had to call ourselves black because of this so-called one drop. Now that we don't have to anymore, we choose to. Because black is beautiful. Because black is not a burden, but a privilege.

Mulatto millennium

Hybrinetics

Banned
Daps
hes a lightskin AA who has admitted to having identity issues from growing up around white people. but calls biracials on here tragic mulattoes :mjlol:

Daps
Don't bother arguing race with African-Americans. They are so mentally enslaved, its a waste of time. Rest of the world gets that mixed people aren't black. Except for them.
says the b*stard seed of bedwench:sas2:
I'm AA and I get it. But like you said: a lot of AAs are fukked up because of slavery. When I see these posters fighting to hold on to mulattos I realize that all they're really fighting to hold on to is white supremacy. Its so sad to see, some of us are so lost.

:what:since when does the the African American community as a whole fight to claim mixed breeds?