A Real Black VS A Mulatto: Y'all Really Can't Tell the Difference?!?!

DabbinSauce

Banned
Daps
The white man isn't shooting mulattos. He's shooting blacks.
:troll:
article-madison-6-0306.jpg

tony-robinson-2-mugshot.jpg

Be a dumbass, brehs. Are you even American

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
According to jamaican race classifications, the female above wasn't a "real black" but a mulattoid.:troll:

Knuckles Red

<3<3<3
Daps
:troll:
article-madison-6-0306.jpg

tony-robinson-2-mugshot.jpg

Be a dumbass, brehs. Are you even American
Now lets count how many black people have been killed by police this year alone. The funny thing is I KNEW you were going to post this exact person to respond to what I typed....as I was typing it. Your whole fukking argument process is just to post random pictures of people as some type of evidence. I'm asking you to look at the whole fukking system. Show me ten other mulattos who were shot up by police right now!!!! And even then you've proven nothing. The bottom line is that mulattos are not black, they do not have the black experience. I don't know what it is to have a white biological parent. MULATTOS ARE NOT BLACK!!! /thread

GreatestLaker

#FirePelinka
Daps
the irony of people saying if you dont accept mixed people as black you're a c00n, when its the white slavemasters that invented the theory mixed people are black. lol idiots.
Don't bother arguing race with African-Americans. They are so mentally enslaved, its a waste of time. Rest of the world gets that mixed people aren't black. Except for them.

Knuckles Red

<3<3<3
Daps
Don't bother arguing race with African-Americans. They are so mentally enslaved, its a waste of time. Rest of the world gets that mixed people aren't black. Except for them.
I'm AA and I get it. But like you said: a lot of AAs are fukked up because of slavery. When I see these posters fighting to hold on to mulattos I realize that all they're really fighting to hold on to is white supremacy. Its so sad to see, some of us are so lost.

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
The bottom line is that mulattos are not black, they do not have the black experience. I don't know what it is to have a white biological parent. MULATTOS ARE NOT BLACK!!! /thread

You don't know what it's like to have a white parent but at the same time you're trying to speak for their experiences?:russ:

DabbinSauce

Banned
Daps
Now lets count how many black people have been killed by police this year alone. The funny thing is I KNEW you were going to post this exact person to respond to what I typed....as I was typing it. Your whole fukking argument process is just to post random pictures of people as some type of evidence. I'm asking you to look at the whole fukking system. Show me ten other mulattos who were shot up by police right now!!!! And even then you've proven nothing. The bottom line is that mulattos are not black, they do not have the black experience. I don't know what it is to have a white biological parent. MULATTOS ARE NOT BLACK!!! /thread
I'm pretty sure there has been a multitude of bi-racial people that have been murdered and racially profiled by white Americans, me not having access to those stories don't change that.

Your type of thinking is hazardous, not to blacks but to bi-racials who in fact do look black, but at the end of the day i don't give a fukk, it's their funeral

DabbinSauce

Banned
Daps
How are we mentally enslaved for stating that some bi-racial people look like some admixed African Americans

You are just a half bred c00n that wants to distance yourself from blacks, fukk you cac ass nikka, and I speak that for all African Americans

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
Don't bother arguing race with African-Americans. They are so mentally enslaved,

if anything the rest of the world is mentally enslaved by supporting backwards, more divisive and Eurocentric (reverse one drop) caste systems

its a waste of time. Rest of the world gets that mixed people aren't black. Except for them.

They do? I made this post to you before

Oh really? What other "black" people follow the one drop rule? Tell me where outside of America is Wentworth Miller considered a black man by black people?

Latin American have the One Drop Rule in reverse (running from blackness to embrace whiteness) but at the same time you'll see people self identifying along the lines of how Aframs do (embracing blackness regardless of how non-stereotypical african they may appear). For many of these self identified Afro-Brazilians could call themslves anything but "black" based on the reverse One Drop Rule of brazil

Creator of TV program deemed racist invited to black awards ceremony; students of nation’s only black college repudiate the invitation

Caption: “My body is not a product on the shelf of your market” – “Sexo e as negas doesn’t represent me” – Unipalmares students and black women activists repudiate the “Sexo e as negas” program created by Miguel Falabella

Note from BW of Brazil: I must say that after reading the news last week I was little disgusted and disappointed. About what, you ask? Well, for the past few weeks, this blog has featured a number of articles detailing the controversy surrounding the new television series Sexo e as negas on Brazil’s most dominant TV network, Rede Globo. Black women across the country have repudiated the show and to stomp out the resistance, Globo is now resorting to the second step in its manipulation program: to deflect accusations of racism, well-known Afro-Brazilians are publicly announcing their support of the show. After all, if there are blacks who support the show, it can’t possibly be racist, right? Since then, a number of prominent black public have stepped forward and done just that. Yesterday on the blog you saw Grammy-nominated musician Carlinhos Brown voice his support for the show on a top (Globo) talk show. There have been others as well who will be featured in an upcoming post. And then there was the nation’s only predominantly black college opening its doors to the show’s creator.

Sexo e as negas creator Miguel Falabella announced last week that Faculdade Zumbi dos Palmares contacted him to participate in its annual Troféu Raça Negra award ceremony. It’s not clear exactly what this meant. The Troféu Raça Negra awards, something like the American Essence Awards or NAACP Awards (although it bills itself as the “Black Oscars”), presents awards to Afro-Brazilians of highlight in the year or those who contribute to the Afro-Brazilian cause. Was Falabella to receive an award? Present an award? Or have some sort of debate about race in the media? It’s still not clear. In my view, it doesn’t matter. How does the nation’s only predominantly black college whose aim is to address exclusion and racial inequality invite someone who many in the black community see as selling a highly racist, stereotypical representation of the black population to a wide audience? What is the message here? A white director can present the black population in any way that he chooses and the black population should still be thankful for this? Not feeling this action AT ALL!! And as it turns out, students at the college are not feeling it either!

Miguel Falabella is invited to Troféu Raça Negra after being accused of racism

Courtesy of Pure People

Miguel Falabella suffered criticism because of his new Globo TV program Sexo e as negas. The series, that debuted last Tuesday, the 16th, portrays the everyday lives of four friends in the Cidade Alta region of Cordovil, a community in the suburbs of Rio de Janeiro. On Thursday (18) of last week, in the meantime, the actor and director revealed in his Facebook profile that he had been invited to participate in Troféu Raça Negraawards ceremony and shared his happiness with his followers.

“I always believed in people. I finished my monologue Louro, Alto, Solteiro, Procura, reaffirming my belief in human beings and their terrible peculiarities; because we are capable of going back and looking at the same path with another vision. I ended up being invited by the Faculdade Zumbi dos Palmares to the Troféu Raça Negra and to debate reflectively the questions raised by Sexo e as negas. The intelligent voices started to express themselves. The negas in power,” wrote the director in the social network.

Even before the debut on TV, the author suffered criticism because of the title chosen and was the target of various protests by blacks that felt offended by the plot of the series, accusing him of making a stereotyped portrayal of the race. On Facebook, followers of Falabella criticized him.

“I’m already tired of this false representation of the black woman, these stereotypes portrayed in this miniseries don’t represent us! Stop with the term mulata, this is pejorative! Stop being a mockery, stop being portrayed as a sexual slave,” wrote one follower. “What is behind a production like this is an eternal imposition of putting and keeping blacks always in the subaltern place,” declared another.

In contrast to so many negative critiques, Miguel received support from other followers, sharing, among others, a text posted by the black actor Deiwis Jamaica, that participated in novelas like Em família and films like Tropa de Elite.

Actor Deiwis Jamaica (left) in a scene from the novela ‘Em família’ with actress Erika Januza

“I decided to say something because the sense of justice screamed inside of me. I cannot remain silent in the face of so many injuries and accusations. Because of being black, I was born and raised in the Cidade Alta of Cordovil community, I feel full ownership of the subject to report all that there is no bad faith, prejudice, racial discrimination or even the intention to stereotype black women,” wrote the actor.

“Let’s support this, that came out of the suburb and that is more than proving that the suburb has not left him. And for these and others always giving opportunities to black actors in such a hard job market. It’s more than time to forget this theme of ‘Historical Debts’. We blacks owe nothing to anyone, we do not have to feel persecuted,” he concluded.

Last Tuesday (16), protesters scrawled the term “racist” on the headquarters of Rede Globo in São Paulo. In a video published by Levante Popular da Juventude, you can see the damage to the front of the station and several people with banners and signs protesting the show.

Note from BW of Brazil: In the piece below, the news of the Falabella being invited to the awards ceremony that is connected to the directors of the Faculdade Zumbi dos Palmares college didn’t sit very well with students. Below is an expression of repudiation from students as well photos from black women students around the country that want Falabella and Globo TV to know that Sexo e as negas “doesn’t represent them”.

NO PRIZES FOR FALABELLA

Coletivo Mulheres Negras de Joinville, Santa Catarina (Black Women’s Collective of Joinville, Santa Catarina) also repudiates ‘Sexo e as negas’

I received this note of repudiation from Flávio, showing that the series Sexo e as negascontinues to provoke things to say: a college wants to reward Miguel Falabella.

Pretas Simoa, black women’s group from Cariri, Ceará

First of all, a little context. The Zumbi dos Palmares College is one of the arms of the Movimento Negro (black movement). It was born to be a “black university”, inspired by the Americans. Located in São Paulo, currently about 97% of its students are negrxs(black men and women). It is the only one in Latin America with this profile.

Maisa, Pedagogy student in Salvador, Bahia

The Faculdade Zumbi (Zumbi College) annually hands out the Troféu Raça Negra, rewarding black researchers and militants. This year one of the guests for the awards is the author and actor Miguel Falabella. The justification for his prize is that the institution wants to establish a dialogue with him about racial issues. Much of the Movimento Negro believes that Zumbi College is not adequate space to promote this dialogue.

Below is the letter of repudiation from the Pedagogy department (all pictures in this post were taken from the National Boycott page on Facebook, which already has almost 31,000 likes):

“The students and teachers of Pedagogy of Zumbi dos Palmares College 2014, collectively organized and gathered on the date of September 22, 2014, to formalize a vehement repudiation of the invite made by the directors of Zumbi dos Palmares College to the actor and director Miguel Falabella. As most of our group is formed by black women, we understand that the show Sex e as negas re-enforce racist stereotypes that relegate black women to the role of sexual object and due to this, we do not feel represented in, but to the contrary, disrespected.

Eliane, Pedagogue

We emphasize that the understanding of black woman transmitted by the production goes against all the guiding principles of affirmative action policies won by the struggle of the Movimento Negro (Black Movement) in Brazil, these principles that address reparation, recognition and appreciation of the black population. We are black and non-black men and women in the quest for a just, fair and equal education and therefore defend our right to make use of these conquests and condemn and punish any act of racism.

Paula, Pedagogy student in Belo Horizonte, Minas Gerais

This ideology acts as a constructing mechanism of distorted images of the black population, linking different Eurocentric symbolic elements to justify and validate the ranking among humans. Racism seeps into all spaces, echoing ideas that mutilate the possibilities of existence, building lives incarcerated within a subaltern survival. For the realization of this process, numerous everyday actions densifies stereotypes, setting pre-established destinations for black children, black women and black men.

Nathalia, Social Sciences student at UFSC (Federal University of Santa Catarina in Florianópolis, Santa Catarina)

Racist TV productions need not be debated, but punished in an exemplary manner conforming to the Brazilian Federal Constitution. Our role as educators is to denounce the explicit racism in this and other negative works to the construction of an egalitarian education. Our comprehension of education understands that we have the institutional duty to echo the voices of those who are rarely heard and represented in our society, and not bringing visibility and awareness to public figures that disqualify our banners of struggle.

There are already 117 complaints against ‘Sexo e as negas’

We strengthen the right to respect and legitimate representation of black actors and actresses, of black men and women in movements of struggle and resistance as workers, students, mothers, daughters, teachers, lawyers, administrators and advertisers among others. We finalize by demanding respect!”

Source: Escreva Lola Escreva

GreatestLaker

#FirePelinka
Daps
How are we mentally enslaved for stating that some bi-racial people look like some admixed African Americans

You are just a half bred c00n that wants to distance yourself from blacks, fukk you cac ass nikka, and I speak that for all African Americans
Did you read the post I quoted you fukking moron? :laff:

Knuckles Red

<3<3<3
Daps
You don't know what it's like to have a white parent but at the same time you're trying to speak for their experiences?:russ:
Even just having a white parent cancels out the ability for them to identify as black. More mulattos are beginning to wake up and realize that their population is growing. They won't need to bite off of our culture in the future, as they become more independent. And thank goodness for that.

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
I'm AA and

:mjlol::camby:

Even just having a white parent cancels out the ability for them to identify as black. More mulattos are beginning to wake up and realize that their population is growing. They won't need to bite off of our culture in the future, as they become more independent. And thank goodness for that.

For you

12 Beautiful Portraits Of Black Identity Challenging the "One-Drop" Rule

"What are you?" they'd ask, head tilted and eyes squinted.

"Black," I'd reply.

"No ... but like, what else are you? I know it's not all black."

So went a typical interrogation by my peers as a kid. With skin lighter than even some who identify as White and hair that streaks blond in the sun, I've never been offended by the question, although I have since changed my response. To the more politically correct question that I'm asked in adulthood — "Where are you from?" — I would recite my ethnic makeup, followed by a definitive, "But I identify as Black." (If I feel like being a wise ass, I'll simply reply with "New Jersey.")
How do you define a racial identity? Can "blackness" be defined simply by a person's skin tone, hair texture or facial features? Can we define it by the way someone walks or talks? Can it be a product of someone's cultural affinities, regardless of what she looks like?

These are the questions that Dr. Yaba Blay and photographer Noelle Théard encourage us to wrestle with in (1)ne Drop: Shifting the Lens on Race. Featuring the perspectives of 58 people who identify as part of the larger "racial, cultural, and social group generally referred to and known as Black," the book combines candid memoirs and striking portraits to explore the complexities of Black identity and celebrate an individual's right to self-identify.

(1)ne Drop's title derives from the "one-drop rule" — a (successful) attempt to define blackness in America as one drop, or at least 1/32, of Black ancestry for the economic, social and political purposes of distinguishing a Black person from a White person. I say "successful," because the one-drop rule still holds cultural weight today, especially with regard to how we value light and dark skin. For this reason, Dr. Blay aims to "challenge narrow yet popular perceptions of what Blackness is and what Blackness looks like."

"I think the context that we live in shapes the way you identify yourself, and the way others identify you," says Dr. Blay. And therein lies the power of (1)ne Drop. From Zun Lee, a man who has always identified as Black despite being phenotypically Asian, to Sembene McFarland, a woman whose vitiligo bizarrely blurs other people's perception of her race, to James Bartlett, a man who is mistaken for Italian, Arab or Hispanic depending on what U.S. city he's in, (1)ne Drop narrates a story of blackness that is not bound by looks, but that is fluid and empowered by the act of self-identification.

Below are 12 portraits of participants, including their self-identification and a piece of their personal story from (1)ne Drop: Shifting the Lens on Race:

1. La Block – “Biracial/Mixed”

"I always wanted to be darker because I didn't want to have to tell people that I'm Black. I just wanted them to be able to tell … Now I say that I'm Biracial just because I think it's important to embrace cultures and I think the language of 'Biracial' reflects everything that I am."

2. Andrew Holmes - "Black"

"I've never been put in a situation to have to think about how I identify. I don't exclude my Biracialness. I fully embrace my Caucasian roots, just as I do my Jamaican roots. When I'm at home and I'm looking at my mom and my dad and my siblings, I don't necessarily see a Black family or a White family — I just see my family. But if there's a need for me to bubble in what I am, there's no hesitation — I bubble in 'Black.' That's just how I feel. I'm definitely not a White guy. People don't look at me and say, 'Hey, look at that White man!'"

3. Zun Lee – “Black”

"When I applied to grad school or for jobs, all of a sudden the boxes come up. I had to make a choice, so for the first time, I checked 'Black.' And I didn't think long about it because for me, it was based on personal circumstance. I just chose the box that I felt most at home with because I didn't relate to any of the other options. From then on, if I were asked, I would answer, 'I'm Black.' Of course, people told me I couldn't do that — that I couldn't choose that box. But I had spent all of my life being pushed away by people. In Germany, I wasn't even given the option to check anything because I wasn't welcomed there. I had no box. For the first time, I was being given the option to identify myself. Now I had a box, and I was happy in that little box."

4. Deborah Thomas – “Mixed/Jamaican”

"I was telling my students the other day that the most frequent question I get is, 'What are you?' People just randomly on the street, 'What are you?' I used to get really annoyed and militant about it. I've never been sure why people are so bold, because I would never. So I used to respond, 'Human!' But now I just try to figure out what it is somebody's trying to know."

5. James Bartlett – “Black”

"Most of the time, I can tell — somebody's either just looking at me or they just flat out ask me, 'What are you?' I can't tell you how many times I get that question. It's funny, because now most people either say, 'I thought you were XYZ when I first met you,' or 'I didn't know what you were until you started talking and then I knew you were Black!'"

6. Nuala Cabral – “Black/Mixed/Cape Verdean”

"I may identify as a Biracial person — I'm Black and White — but if people see me as a Black woman, that's how I'm treated. So I identify as a Black woman because I move through the world as a Black woman."

7. Melanie Staton – “African American”

"I don't think ever in my life someone has looked at me like, 'I think she's a White girl.' But I'm not sure people always look at me at as African American either. I guess it doesn't dawn on people that the African American race can come in so many different shades."

8. Brandon Stanford – “African American”

"My consciousness never really allowed me to think of myself as anything else but Black or a person of African descent. Anyone who has had the opportunity to get to know me never questions my race. They never question me being Black. Never. Regardless of my complexion. But for those who don't necessarily know me, based on my phenotype and their perception, I've had some interesting experiences."

9. Sumaya Ellard – “Black American Muslim”

"I started covering my hair when I was about 14. It was an adjustment for me because in our society, especially within the Black community, we define ourselves very deeply by our hair. Your hair somehow identifies who you are, how Black you are, how beautiful you are, how polished you are, or your political inclinations. It was an adjustment because it felt like I was taking away part of my identity from people. The hijab itself can be a barrier in people's perception of you and how well they think they can identify who you are. And yet, I think that's the beauty of covering. You are forced to deal with yourself and your own self-identification."

10. Sembene McFarland – “Black/African American”

"A lot of people just look and see skin color. Your skin is White, therefore you're White. Or are you? One girl said to me, 'I've been wanting to ask you this question but I didn't feel comfortable asking you because I thought that you might be offended, but are you Black or are you White?' And I told her, 'Well, I'm always Black.'"

11. Kaneesha Parsard — "Black/Multiracial"

"I tend to believe that being Black — like choosing to identify as Multiracial — is not about phenotype as much as it's about feelings of belonging and identification. I'm Black because I feel the memory of the Middle Passage and slavery most strongly. I'm Black because when I look in the mirror I see my mother, her mother and my aunts. Maybe my reasoning wouldn't be strong enough for somebody who might have an immediately negative or dismissive response to my phenotype, but our cultural memories have the same roots."

12. Brett Russel — "Yu’i Korsou (a child of Curaçao)"

"Even though I was born and raised in Curaçao and I spoke the language, at first sight people always thought that I was Dutch. Then, when I came to Holland in 2001, the people saw me as 'the immigrant.' All of a sudden, I was 'the Black guy.' It was frustrating. There was no explanation for it, and I realized how little I had actually thought about myself in the context of race."