A Real Black VS A Mulatto: Y'all Really Can't Tell the Difference?!?!

CinnaSlim

Queen of Swords
Daps
Reppin
East of Anywhere
Mixed-race children ‘are being failed’ in treatment of mental health problems
The fastest growing ethnic group in Britain is still being treated as if it is only integrated into black culture, says report

Children of mixed race are at greater risk of suffering from mental health problems and are not getting the support they need, says a report.

Despite mixed-race children belonging to the fastest-growing ethnic group, the research, backed by the National Children’s Bureau, found that they faced “unrealistic” expectations from teachers and other adults who did not understand their backgrounds.

While mixed-race young people are over represented in the care, youth justice and child protection systems, the authors said they were “invisible” in public service practice and policy.

The report – Mixed Experiences – growing up mixed race: mental health and wellbeing – drew on several studies and interviews with 21 people about their experiences as children.

Co-author Dinah Morley was concerned at the lack of understanding over what it meant to be mixed race, a group most likely to suffer racism. “I was surprised at how much racism, from black and white people, had come their way,” she said. “A lot of children were seen as black when they might be being raised by a white single parent and had no understanding of the black culture. The default position for a child of mixed race is that they are black.”

The report found that those with mixed-race backgrounds were more at risk of mental health issues because of their struggle to develop an identity. Morley said the strongest common experience was the “too white to be black, too black to be white”.

The 2011 census showed that the mixed-race population was the fastest growing ethnic group in Britain, amounting to 2.2% of the population of England and Wales.

In 2012, research by the thinktank British Future found that prejudice towards mixed-race relationships was fading. The report, The Melting Pot Generation – How Britain Became More Relaxed About Race, talked about the “Jessica Ennis generation”, crediting the London Olympics 2012 athlete with changing attitudes towards mixed race. “That positive role model is also seen as something very important,” said Morley.

Jessica Ennis is a positive role model for people of mixed race Photograph: Shaun Botterill/Getty Image

most likely to suffer

Tommy Knocks

retired
Daps
Reppin
iPaag
Mulatto doesn't mean biracial and even if that's what he meant, it's still faulty

because non-biracial black people and biracial people overlap

people in the pictures below overlap with 50/50 biracials and som eare even whiter but they are 100% black/afram

lE8ZOwZ.jpg

iyBjWuO.jpg

itblZm5.jpg

bAEiNvs.jpg

‘One-drop rule’ persists

http://news.harvard.edu/gazette/story/2010/12/‘one-drop-rule’-persists/
just because they are not identified as white does not mean they should be identified as black.

and um the definition is biracial. try again

mu·lat·to
m(y)o͝oˈlädō/

noun
  1. a person of mixed white and black ancestry, especially a person with one white and one black parent.
and I dont give a shyt about who looks like who. Rachel Dozel passed as a mulatto that doesnt mean she is one. nor is she black. she was pure white.

the fact of the matter is, one white parent + one black parent = biracial

no if buts about that.

MostReal

Bandage Hand Steph
Daps
If I posted a picture of my black older sister who has bright blue eyes, you nikkas would get so damn confused :laugh:

We should turn this thread into a guessing game. Post a picture and guess mulatto or black :leon:

That should entertain the jobless nikkas for the day.

Exactly, so tired of this discussion

Numero Deux

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The Unapproachable East

"Lotta times the mixed kids they come out all mixed up, buncha mixed nuts."-Jungle Fever

At the end of the day, a lot of these mulatto/mixed people end up being totally fukked up in the head. They are raised in societies based on White POV/White Supremacy, they end being neither one thing or the other, no real identity. Nothing but confusion.

I keep folks from this younger generation of mulattoes/mixed folks very much at an arms length. They're very much into the whole "Post-Racial" thing. Lots of them give off that sort "I don't feel close to my black side :mjpls:" vibe. This Zoe Kravitz pretty much sums up their general way of thinking:

“I identified with white culture, and I wanted to fit in," she told Nylon. "I didn’t identify with black culture, like, I didn’t like Tyler Perry movies, and I wasn’t into hip-hop music."

Last edited:

Knuckles Red

<3<3<3
Daps
"Lotta times the mixed kids they come out all mixed up, buncha mixed nuts."-Jungle Fever

At the end of the day, a lot of these mulatto/mixed people end up being totally fukked up in the head. They are raised in societies based on White POV/White Supremacy, they end being neither one thing or the other, no real identity. Nothing but confusion.

I keep folks from this younger generation of mulattoes/mixed folks very much at an arms length. They're very much into the whole "Post-Racial" thing. Lots of them give off that sort "I don't feel close to my black side :mjpls:" vibe. This Zoe Kravitz pretty much sums up their general way of thinking:
They don't know who they are, but eventually they realize that African American blacks worship the ground mulattos walk on, and so then they try to play up their black side. I guess they figure they'd rather be treated like royalty by AA's rather than like shyt by whites. And of coarse (as we've seen in this thread) AA's cape for them, and try to act dumb and ignorant to the fact that they're clearly not black. I saw one dumb ass in here talking about not being able to tell that Lauren London was mulatto. :bryan:

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
just because they are not identified as white does not mean they should be identified as black.

and um the definition is biracial. try again

mu·lat·to
m(y)o͝oˈlädō/

noun
  1. a person of mixed white and black ancestry, especially a person with one white and one black parent.

Biracials are mulatto but not all mulattos are biracial. AfroEuopeans are mulattoids by default

and I dont give a shyt about who looks like who. Rachel Dozel passed as a mulatto that doesnt mean she is one. nor is she black. she was pure white.

She's white but there are fair skinned aframs who look "white"

the fact of the matter is, one white parent + one black parent = biracial

no if buts about that.

They are but race mixing is random and you will get darker biracials who don't look mixed in the USAamerican concept.

Kuro

Tru grit
Daps

you push them away (keep at arm's length)but when they dont feel close to black people it is a problem?...

Numero Deux

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The Unapproachable East
you push them away (keep at arm's length)but when they dont feel close to black people it is a problem?...

I don't push them away. I don't fukk with them either, and it's fairly obvious a lot of them don't particularly want black folks fukking with them either.

I don't see it a problem when they don't feel close to their black side either. I'm calling things how I see it based on my own experiences. I don't speak fore everyone's experiences at all.

My opinion on the matter is simple-I don't see them as being like me, as being part of my "tribe". They're free to identify as whatever they like/procreate with whoever they like/have their own culture, etc. I don't care. But that's the thing-I don't care. They aren't part of my "tribe", so they go into the "Other" category, and thus I'm apathetic at best towards them. Again, a lot of this is based on my own my experiences with the younger generation of mixed folks, especially my age group and younger.

Tommy Knocks

retired
Daps
Reppin
iPaag
They are but race mixing is random and you will get darker biracials who don't look mixed in the USAamerican concept.
thats not the point, the point is if you have one parent that is one race, and the other that is another, that is 2 races. 1+1 = 2. biracial.

you dont phase out one parent,no matter how you look, you still have half your parents dna code.

again, one white parent, one black parent, no matter how you try to cut it, is biracial, no if buts about it. its not black nor white, its both.

Kuwka_Atcha_Ratcha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 4, Guests: 11)
  1. DabbinSauce
  2. Luken
  3. Yup
i guess kunichiwah bytch ass left the building, you africans stay projecting your insecurities on black americans like we have low self-esteem for accepting our light skinned family members and ancestors meanwhile yall fukkin cowards is too ashamed to even mention what fukkin ethnic group you belong to
you dumb shyt droplet

when did i ever say i was african? all through this thread you fail with false assumptions and ignorance.

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
thats not the point, the point is if you have one parent that is one race, and the other that is another, that is 2 races. 1+1 = 2. biracial.

you dont phase out one parent,no matter how you look, you still have half your parents dna code.

again, one white parent, one black parent, no matter how you try to cut it, is biracial, no if buts about it. its not black nor white, its both.

The point you're missing is that the OP is trying to tie phenotypes to people who are biracial and people who are monoracial with 2 "black" parents while missing the point that race mixing is random so people with "2 black" parents will have phenotypes that he's trying to associate with biracials and vice versa so his premise to attach phenotypes were faulty

"2 black parents"

bZO8AJI.jpg

vhsp7dL.jpg

LEGTrWw.jpg

vs

Biracial (one white and one black parent)

q2mor74.jpg

A4hjK9X.jpg

ncClNr9.png

again...........his point would stand if he didn't make the mistake of trying to tie phenotypes to being biracial.

les%20nubians%2001.jpg