A quick take on Luke, the new Street Fighter.

Cᵣₐₛₕ&ₜₕₑCₒᵤₚ

____ exposing themselves
Daps
I peeped this Aryan fighter 5 s*** like 3 years ago. It's not about them being white but all the blonde hair definitely hits with subtle :mjpls: undertones. This game signature mark was supposed to be the redesign of past characters. Cody, Mika, Ken, Vega, Nash etc. At least one of them could have a hair color change of their default look but they said to hell with that and made the new characters blonde with blue eyes as well.

Jonah

XBOT Suicide Prevention Squad
Daps
Reppin
Cali Crew
ambiguously brown is the current name of the game. crimson viper and menat fill that role on the c- side

i wouldnt put stock in both of those women being black at the end of the day, especially when characters like kusanagi exist
:yeshrug: Still better than them blond hair blue eyes nazi fakkits that capcom pushin

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
:gucci: What is you talking about

First dude is Afro Brazilian, his name is Richard Meyer and hes been in the series since 1992 :ehh:

Second Guy is Marco Rodriguez aka Kushnood, He is Black :francis: His sprite is just shaded weird
latest
latest

Third Guy is Lucky, all I can say is that his design hasnt changed since the 90s:manny:
latest

then you have the three or so characters I posted about previously + the other kof characters mentioned earlier in the thread :jbhmm:

compared to Capcoms small collection of black characters in the street fighter series:trash:

:jbhmm: I dont know about Duck King, hes the odd one out. His art switches from straight up white to tanned/brown depending on the person drawing it.

as for new black characters, there were a few ambiguously brown brazilian characters added in King Of Fighters XIV :manny: Afro-Brazilians are pretty common in brazil

and the two women seen in the KOF XV story trailer :patrice:

Bruh, you gotta drop the self hatred assuming you're black but I'm willing to bet you're not. Only white people try to pass off any color as black. None of them nikkas you posted was anything remotely black. One guy is a fake ass Eddie Gordo :stop: And what's with this "he Brazilian so he's black" shyt? Yes Africans landed in Brazil, they landed everywhere else too. Vitor Belfort is from Brazil and is also the complexion you're trying to pass off as black. If you gotta squint your eyes to see the blackness then it ain't black enough. That's literally the problem. We not represented and then you think adding a darker shade to a white character is suffice. Street fighter not having more isn't a reason to prop up other white characters like if kof is above the fukk shyt :stop:

Edit: I just googled the names you dropped for shyts and giggles and this is the first thing that came up...
Richard Meyer was an American folk singer-songwriter, writer, painter, and set designer. Meyer was active in the Greenwich Village folk music scene of the 1980s and 1990s and did much to promote other artists

Marco Rodríguez is an American actor. Rodríguez received his bachelor of arts degree from the University of Southern California. He was acquainted with Jeff Corey and Jose Quintero. He taught for a short amount of time in the L.A. Unified School District and then began his acting career shortly afterward

Now all I gotta do is give them a slightly darker skin and say they from Brazil and we good black people :blessed:

Last edited:

PS5 Pro

Daps
Reppin
This used to trip me out back in the day...

How do you bypass the whole CONTINENT of Africa?

Sf2.jpg
Mike Tyson, Deejay reppin the Jamaicans. Dhalsim was Indian but we all know he was of African decent. nikkaz recognize nikkaz nah mean. Dem my nikkaz right there :birdman:

Yeah that's fukked up they skipped over Africa but I wouldn't necessarily call it on purpose. I think they initially created 8 characters and then just added on. They don't have a black character in their minds development process. When they think they need a new character they create what they think is cool and they just don't have black people in mind when they create. I don't think they are against doing it as much as it's they are not aware of black culture in general. When are Asians collaborating with black people in general? I think they have an overall ignorance about black people because they don't really care about black people. I've always felt that from them, like they don't fukk with us :francis:

parallax

Superstar
Daps
:yeshrug: Still better than them blond hair blue eyes nazi fakkits that capcom pushin

not really. black people still arent on that time in any fighting series. theres more chinese of varying descents in the snk roster than there are black people by a huge ass margin.

people praise tekken for some reason, but it has the exact same problem as the others, but i guess leroy is a sign?

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
not really. black people still arent on that time in any fighting series. theres more chinese of varying descents in the snk roster than there are black people by a huge ass margin.

people praise tekken for some reason, but it has the exact same problem as the others, but i guess leroy is a sign?

Tekken does not hardly have the same problems as others. Yeah, they have a few blonde white cats, but it ain't 1/4-1/3 of their roster, by far. They also were the first to have the least stereotypical black characters in the game.

parallax

Superstar
Daps
Tekken does not hardly have the same problems as others. Yeah, they have a few blonde white cats, but it ain't 1/4-1/3 of their roster, by far. They also were the first to have the least stereotypical black characters in the game.

who bruce? the kickfighter from the streets? and their roster may not have as many blondes. but its lacking just as much melanin as the other fighters do.

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
who bruce? the kickfighter from the streets? and their roster may not have as many blondes. but its lacking just as much melanin as the other fighters do.

Bruce, Ravens, Eddy/Christie, Leroy. That's like 1/6th -1/8th of the roster. I wouldn't expect most fighting games to have even that many, let alone more, considering that outside of select areas, we ain't the most prominent race in damn near any regions. The only so-so thing about black characters in Tekken is that there's a couple of palette swaps instead of totally unique characters. But they've done that for each race of characters in their series anyway, from the Japanese, Chinese, white and Latino characters. shyt, even the aliens and animal characters have palette swaps. So it's consistent.

Last edited:

Jonah

Daps
Reppin
Cali Crew
Bruh, you gotta drop the self hatred assuming you're black but I'm willing to bet you're not. Only white people try to pass off any color as black. None of them nikkas you posted was anything remotely black. One guy is a fake ass Eddie Gordo :stop: And what's with this "he Brazilian so he's black" shyt? Yes Africans landed in Brazil, they landed everywhere else too. Vitor Belfort is from Brazil and is also the complexion you're trying to pass off as black. If you gotta squint your eyes to see the blackness then it ain't black enough. That's literally the problem. We not represented and then you think adding a darker shade to a white character is suffice. Street fighter not having more isn't a reason to prop up other white characters like if kof is above the fukk shyt :stop:

Edit: I just googled the names you dropped for shyts and giggles and this is the first thing that came up...

Now all I gotta do is give them a slightly darker skin and say they from Brazil and we good black people :blessed:
:jbhmm: I see where you are coming from, but keep in mind this is from an asian based gaming series, where 90% of the developers have never met a black person in they life.

As for the brazilian thing, race is handled differently there than it is in america or europe. :manny:

Bruh, you gotta drop the self hatred assuming you're black but I'm willing to bet you're not.

:youngsabo: Proud Afro-Latino. Already had a whole thread about it.
I got olive skin, despite my father, brothers, and grandparents all having darker skin. :shaq2: It be like that sometimes

Only white people try to pass off any color as black.
:mjtf: Maybe so, but when your mixed, skin tone doesn't matter as much. :manny: Which I guess is why a lot of mixed people end up vilified by their own people and end up outcasts.

One guy is a fake ass Eddie Gordo

He actually predates Eddie Gordo by several years :jawalrus:So technically, Eddie Gordo is a fake ass Richard Meyer.

Richard Meyer: 1992

Eddie Gordo: 1997

And what's with this "he Brazilian so he's black" shyt? Yes Africans landed in Brazil, they landed everywhere else too. Vitor Belfort is from Brazil and is also the complexion you're trying to pass off as black.

The reason I use brazil as an example is because SNK has obviously had a huge boner for brazil since the early 90s. to the point where a large section of the SNK characters are brazilian themselves.

Afro-Brazilians - Wikipedia

Black people - Wikipedia

Black people in Brazil are split between "Preto" (Those with Dark Skin) & "Pardo" (Those with African Ancestry). Its pretty crazy :whoa: Also there are far more mixed race people in Brazil than in america

If you gotta squint your eyes to see the blackness then it ain't black enough.

:yeshrug: But then the question is, what constitutes someone to be "Black Enough"? :francis: I am asking as someone who is of mixed race, born to an african-american father & hispanic mother.

Last edited:

Jonah

Daps
Reppin
Cali Crew

:ehh: Leroy is a good sign that stigmas towards those with dark skin are changing in terms of fighting games. But, I will say that it remains to be seen with the other companies:hubie:

PS5 Pro

Daps
Reppin
:jbhmm: I see where you are coming from, but keep in mind this is from an asian based gaming series, where 90% of the developers have never met a black person in they life.

As for the brazilian thing, race is handled differently there than it is in america or europe. :manny:

I got olive skin, despite my father, brothers, and grandparents all having darker skin. :shaq2: It be like that sometimes

:mjtf: Maybe so, but when your mixed, skin tone doesn't matter as much. :manny: Which I guess is why a lot of mixed people end up vilified by their own people and end up outcasts.

He actually predates Eddie Gordo by several years :jawalrus:So technically, Eddie Gordo is a fake ass Richard Meyer.

The reason I use brazil as an example is because SNK has obviously had a huge boner for brazil since the early 90s. to the point where a large section of the SNK characters are brazilian themselves.

Black people - Wikipedia

Black people in Brazil are split between "Preto" (Those with Dark Skin) & "Pardo" (Those with African Ancestry). Its pretty crazy :whoa: Also there are far more mixed race people in Brazil than in america

:yeshrug: But then the question is, what constitutes someone to be "Black Enough"? :francis: I am asking as someone who is of mixed race, born to an african-american father & hispanic mother.
I guess it depends on the mission, as you know it can get complicated but not in this instance. Basically if you have to be told it's a black guy then it's not black enough in terms of characters in fighting games. If someone is of the same descent as you I would say that's cool that they can get that detailed orientated but then that would also prove they go out their way to exclude a darker shade since it's highly rare.

Now as for life, and are you "enough" it really depends on your mindset. Because before we go into "enough" there's all types of black people, some don't give a damn about black ppl, some support trump, tiger woods did not want to be associated with being black, he embraced his Asian heritage more at first. It was weird :yeshrug: In your case you're as black as you wanna be. And being black isn't all fun n games either. When you hear things like Black lives matter do you think that means black people matter too or do you think that's just a bunch of nikkaz being loud? Do you think if Trayvon Martin wasn't wearing a hoodie that things would have turned out differently? Does Louis Farrakhan scare you?

Do you find dark skinned woman attractive?

Have you ever African squat fukked a bytch Ving Rhames style in baby boy?

So you prefer basketball or soccer? :leostare:

Being black enough isn't about skin color unless we talking videogames, and only because they omit black people from most games unless it's sports. Then they can have a nikkaz dreads sway in the wind identically :martin:
That's what I mean and that's what it is when it comes to black characters in games. 2k deserves a NAACP award for the amount of nikkaz they put in games

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive

Black people - Wikipedia

SNK was huge in Brazil/Latin America because it was cheaper for those arcade owners to run SNK carts than CPS carts, so they were able to penetrate heavily into those markets.

It’s why SNK never became big in the US as CPS2 was the preferred choice.