A part of my soul dies every time I think about Firefly

kingdarius

Wtf u talkin bout? Ya Bish
Daps
Reppin
FayetteNam, North Carolina #byrdgang
caught it on netflix like a year ago (saw serenity and loved it years before but nvr saw firefly) and was blown away.....my dude whedon made a cot damn live space cowboy show dope as fuk and thats when i knew whedon was DA GAWD!! :blessed:

up in here

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
co-sign this thread.

when all these other wack ass sci-fi tv shows that get multiple seasons, why did the best one only get one? seriously, this shyt pissed me off. this shyt wasn't just good for a sci-fi, this shyt was a good ass show, period.

Lord Scion

Quality Games
Supporter
Daps
Maan.....

:to::to: every time I think about it. fukk Fox breh.... fukk em all to hell. Like many newcomers of the show I saw Serenity first then watched Firefly afterwards and wondered why in the fukk this shyt got cancelled. Now I can't even watch Serenity just due to the fact the big homie
Wash dies (and Book... we ain't even know what he used to do for a living on some Tommy Strawn shyt)

I'm happy that Nathan Fillion is doing big things in Castle now, and he always gives Firefly fans shout outs in the show (hands of blue, Serenity spa, the "space cowboy" outfit).

Gina Torres :ohlawd:
Morena Baccarin :ahh: (I still thirst for Inara)

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
i need to watch this. I have it cued up on netflix but i've been watching so much other shyt i keep forgetting to check it out.

fukk fox and anybody that love em

You're wilding....you need to watch this ASAP. It's pretty incredible. If it ran for 3-4 seasons at the level of quality season 1 had, it would be an easy lock for top 5....maybe even top 3....all time.

Fred.

AkaDemiK

I Love Hip-Hop
Daps
You're wilding....you need to watch this ASAP. It's pretty incredible. If it ran for 3-4 seasons at the level of quality season 1 had, it would be an easy lock for top 5....maybe even top 3....all time.

Fred.

Wow...I heard from a lot of ppl on this site how incredible it is, I know about the cult following n shyt..but damn...that's crazy

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
"Firefly" was doomed basically from day 1. It had no chance to blow up. They aired the episodes out of order, then preempted it a few weeks for baseball. So how the fukk could it build a fan base?

Fox cancels shows before they even get a chance to shine because at this point they've had so many hits they feel like they don't need to wait for another one. It's bullshyt. Ironically "X-Files" is one of the early shows that really put Fox on the map, and that show wasn't a hit out the gate either.

Fred.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga

Fred.

THATS why it's so infuriating. Fox had GOLD on their hands with this show. It could've easily ran another 3-4 seasons and if the writing would've stayed top notch....just IMAGINE where this show could've gone. This is one of the FEW shows where you can genuinely enjoy EVERY character and every actor pulled their weight, shyt was IMMACULATELY cast even the one time guest parts.

I know Whedon was somewhere with tears in his eyes after the cancellation like ".Why Fox don't want me man:sadbron:"

AkaDemiK

I Love Hip-Hop
Daps
same idiots that cancelled the sarah connor chronicles. These nikkas at Fox ain't normal at all...smh. They love watching us suffer :sadcam:...but why?

• Dap
Reactions: hex