A man can be destroyed, but he can't be defeated: The 49ers 2014 official offseason thread

FakeNews

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
http://www.sacbee.com/2014/07/26/6584971/big-bang-okoye-delivers-biggest.html

On the very first snap Okoye sent Martin sprawling seven yards backward and planted him on his back, which of course drew plenty of shouts and murmurs from the assembled defensive linemen. Okoye also won Round 2, though certainly not as decisively.

okoye picking on martin

:mjlol:

:laff: Seriously it seems like every report I've read so far on Martin has been about someone on the DLine owning him. This bum has gots to go :russ:

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
speaking about boone, I think hes far more justified for asking for money than VD ever was. boone is 38th paid guard in the league while he easily is a top 20 guard at the very least. couple that with the fact he can play tackle, specifically left tackle, and has actually performed really wellat that position (albeit for only one game) against the reigning DPOY in quinn...I cant blame him or his agent tbh.
one of boones biggest weakness is that he's lazy to finish blocks off and sometimes lack of concentration fukks him up... but his pure ability is really high imo

with that said, we for once have good oline depth so we can survive a holdout or a potential trade, although his lack of name recognition hurts us there as much as it 'helps' us to get a better deal with him

Daps
http://www.sacbee.com/2014/07/26/6584971/big-bang-okoye-delivers-biggest.html

On the very first snap Okoye sent Martin sprawling seven yards backward and planted him on his back, which of course drew plenty of shouts and murmurs from the assembled defensive linemen. Okoye also won Round 2, though certainly not as decisively.

okoye picking on martin

:mjlol:

That's more of a bad sign for Martin than a good sign for Okoye to me.

That's why i`m always skeptical of dudes penciling guys in on starters on draft day.

Hold up, is this Jonathan or Marcus Martin

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
That's more of a bad sign for Martin than a good sign for Okoye to me.

That's why i`m always skeptical of dudes penciling guys in on starters on draft day.
someone penciled martin in as a starter here though ? hes been a bust on the phins and hes looking more of the same soft guy here. shyt doesnt bode too well for him, this line is basically big mauling bear-like motherfukkers whose main asset is strength.

we're set at tackles anyway

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
Tight Ends

Vernon Davis - Dude is one of the best tight ends in the NFL, he has elite speed, great hands, and has improved as a route runner, he is also a great blocker. But.... he had a so-so last year. And he is holding out for more money. While I think he's deserves an extension for 2 years with the same money, he's going about it wrong. Play out the season and go from there. Prove you are the best. But it is what it is. He needs to remind people why he's one of the leagues best. Grade: B+

Vance McDonald - I was surprised that his performance in the NFL is the opposite of what scouts thought. They said he could catch and make plays but is not much of a blocker. In real life, Vance is an excellent blocker but he has stone hands and is not used to NFL speed. He only caught 17% of the passes directed to him, which is awful but there us a silver lining, he avg about 16 yds when he did. Basically if he can double that this year which is a realistic goal, he can be that much more effective, if he can triple it, he'd be a rising star, he has elite size and is almost as fast as Vernon Davis, he just needs to focus on slowing down and catching the ball. If he does that everything else will follow because he is a mismatch. He's a project but the upside is considerable Grade: C+

Garett Celek - Good blocking tight end, but he may not be much more than that. I'm not sure if we can keep him. I think he has little potential compared to his brother on the Eagles. I think he gets cut once he gets better. We have more versatile options. Grade: C-

Derek Carrier - Is competing with Garret Celek and I think wins out. He is almost as good of a blocker and is a better receiver. At 6'4 he has all the prototypes needed to be a solid contributor on special teams. He can work in on special teams in extra points and field goals. Expect him to be the #3 TE this year. Grade: C

Kevin Greene - Dude is a very raw player, but he is a very good athlete. He is a dark horse to make the roster, but he will likely to be a practice squadder and could be a potential addition in a year or two should Vernon Davis prove to be too cantankterous. He has a lot of upside We'll see. Grade: D+

Cleveland Asante - Another very raw tight end, not so sure on his blocking but he has the size to be great at it, he's also very strong, but I don't think he's all that great of a football player, dude is a project. He'll be in the practice squad and we can wait and see. Grade: F

In conclusion, we have a very good group of tight ends but not elite. Thats's on Vernon Davis, he wants more money but he disappeared in some key games. An elite tight end puts up numbers regardless. He needs to have at least 750 yds receiving and some key blocks and he needs to show out in the playoffs even though his overall targets will drop. Vance McDonald also needs to show considerable improvement. He was drafted in the 2nd round last year and could be the heir apparent but he last to soften up his hands. The other players are 26 and younger and will likely be special teamers at best. Unit Grade: B

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
speaking about boone, I think hes far more justified for asking for money than VD ever was. boone is 38th paid guard in the league while he easily is a top 20 guard at the very least. couple that with the fact he can play tackle, specifically left tackle, and has actually performed really wellat that position (albeit for only one game) against the reigning DPOY in quinn...I cant blame him or his agent tbh.
one of boones biggest weakness is that he's lazy to finish blocks off and sometimes lack of concentration fukks him up... but his pure ability is really high imo

with that said, we for once have good oline depth so we can survive a holdout or a potential trade, although his lack of name recognition hurts us there as much as it 'helps' us to get a better deal with him

I think Boone is in the top 10 of NFL guards, even so, he's gotta play this year out, the money will come, but Solari is an excellent O-Line coach, he made Looney that I thought was a total, doughy bust, into a legit young backup and potential starter. VD has more leverage, despite the down year he's still one of the leagues best, and I don't trust Vance McDonald, yet. I agree Boone takes plays off but being a 6'7 guard, he blasts D-linemen at the line of scrimmage and his pass blocking has taken a lot of pressure off Anthony Davis.

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
I think Boone is in the top 10 of NFL guards, even so, he's gotta play this year out, the money will come, but Solari is an excellent O-Line coach, he made Looney that I thought was a total, doughy bust, into a legit young backup and potential starter. VD has more leverage, despite the down year he's still one of the leagues best, and I don't trust Vance McDonald, yet. I agree Boone takes plays off but being a 6'7 guard, he blasts D-linemen at the line of scrimmage and his pass blocking has taken a lot of pressure off Anthony Davis.
I agree with most of this; I dont think we can judge looney since he hasnt played tho, and I think VDs leverage was very shaky, especially since I understand jimmy grahams new deal is very team friendly

boones lack of universal name recognition, as Ive said, will prolly prevent him from getting a rich deal, but it will also prevent us from getting anything useful if we were to trade him.

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
boones lack of universal name recognition, as Ive said, will prolly prevent him from getting a rich deal, but it will also prevent us from getting anything useful if we were to trade him.
lets be real, the media doesnt know who he is but scouts do

and scouts matter, guards never get any praise anyways unless there larry allen

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
maiocco said chris cook was shytted on badly in practice, as opposed to brock, cully and ward who made plays

my money is on brock and cully starting with ward playing that nickel role like cully did in 2011, with cox getting some reps. daryl morris and dontae johnson should be next in line and I hope cook is either cut or at bottom of the chart

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
maiocco said chris cook was shytted on badly in practice, as opposed to brock, cully and ward who made plays

my money is on brock and cully starting with ward playing that nickel role like cully did in 2011, with cox getting some reps. daryl morris and dontae johnson should be next in line and I hope cook is either cut or at bottom of the chart
cook has the tools to be a cb but some guys just dont know how to. cook was always a long shot of making it