A man can be destroyed, but he can't be defeated: The 49ers 2014 official offseason thread

Dat916nigga

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
good to hear jimmie ward and vance had good days :obama:

a sober aldon could be trouble for opposing QBs :ufdup:

what a difference a year makes for the WR corps. we went from anquan with kyle willams/marlon moore/aj jenkins last year to anquan with a healthy crabtree/stevie/brandon lloyd now :blessed:

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
temp0723140054--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.0.0_standard_709.0.jpg

B90X

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NINER EMPIRE
Hunter got hurt:sadcam:
Hunter tore his ACL...

Published: July 26, 2014 at 12:09 p.m.
Updated: July 26, 2014 at 12:22 p.m.
49ers RB Kendall Hunter tears ACL
0ap1000000236552.jpg

Kevin Patra
Around the League writer
The deep San Francisco 49ers backfield became a bit shallower.

Kendall Hunter went down early in Friday's practice with a knee injury. He was checked by the medical staff and walked to the locker room under his own power, 49ers do have depth at the position. Hunter had acuatlly gotten lost as Frank Gore's backup with Marcus Lattimore and rookie Carlos Hydebeing discussed heavily this offseason. However, Hunter was expected to again be first in line behind The Inconvenient Truth.

With Hunter gone for the the 49ers will lean Hyde and might not have the luxury of keeping Lattimore on the NFI list when the season starts. LaMichael James remains on the roster and could also see increased time as the change-of-pace back -- a role he played when Hunter was out with an Achilles tear in 2012.

At the end of the day, however, Gore will still shoulder the load in San Francisco.
[\quote]

Dat916nigga

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
tough break for kendall. a torn achillies AND a torn acl in less than 2 years is brutal. he's probably played his last down for us since he's in a contract year

our RB depth will definitely be tested. hopefully hyde and/or lattimore can step up and we can officially forget about those LMJ trade rumors. he's not going anywhere now

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
a real tough blow, I doubt hyde is up to pass blocking demands.

now trade of LMJ is out of the question, with lattimore looking questionable.

this is a reason why Gore will still be getting tons of carries and why team is hesitant to move away from him...dude is one of the best, if not the best RB blocker in football

C-NICE

Jiggy is the lifestyle
Daps
Reppin
From Atlanta to San Fran to LA 4now
a real tough blow, I doubt hyde is up to pass blocking demands.

now trade of LMJ is out of the question, with lattimore looking questionable.

this is a reason why Gore will still be getting tons of carries and why team is hesitant to move away from him...dude is one of the best, if not the best RB blocker in football
To be honest I agree but one thing Hyde brings to us is being physical I feel sorry for Hunter but he has always been hurt so he is probably done for us. LJames Hyde (Latty) when ready and gore should be able to carry the load besides I think kaep and roman(i fukkin pray) will open up the O some this year with our weapons

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
To be honest I agree but one thing Hyde brings to us is being physical I feel sorry for Hunter but he has always been hurt so he is probably done for us. LJames Hyde (Latty) when ready and gore should be able to carry the load besides I think kaep and roman(i fukkin pray) will open up the O some this year with our weapons
ya hes prolly done for us after these two major injuries. its a shame too because I always felt he was underrated and underused, especially last season.

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
also its kind of a cycle here if we indeed 'open up' the offense to much more passing.

if we pass a ton, teams will pass rush a lot. we'll need more pass pro and line is overrated in that department. we'll have to use Gore a ton because unlike LMJ (and hyde, typically rookies are ass in picking up pass pro schemes even if they become good at it later)...unless the team enjoys being in 3rd and long situation often