A man can be destroyed, but he can't be defeated: The 49ers 2014 official offseason thread

1ncognegro

All Star
Daps
Reppin
#SidenikkaGang 804 VA
mike_nolan.jpg
Suit game was impeccable

1ncognegro

All Star
Daps
Reppin
#SidenikkaGang 804 VA
This is true, but he was terrible at molding that talent.

Needed to be a front office guy
I dont understand how he hasnt came up on another Head Coaching job. Dude was just too stubborn at times but he actually had good ideas. He has shyt to work with on Atlanta's defense but he makes it work. He's not bad considering worser bums blew it and got another HC job. This nikka Fisher is a horrible coach but he still working. Andy Reid bum ass still outchea. Im just saying:manny:

Daps
I dont understand how he hasnt came up on another Head Coaching job. Dude was just too stubborn at times but he actually had good ideas. He has shyt to work with on Atlanta's defense but he makes it work. He's not bad considering worser bums blew it and got another HC job. This nikka Fisher is a horrible coach but he still working. Andy Reid bum ass still outchea. Im just saying:manny:

Atlanta's defense is absolute garbage.

That's the main reason, thank god we played them in 2012 championship game though

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
Wide Receivers

Anquan Boldin - Dude was a bargain of the year based on the production he gave us. With Crabtree out we as a team were shy to pass the ball but Anquan Boldin performed admirably in the face of what should have been total despair. Leading the team in yards and receptions is pretty impressive for a WR in his 30's but more so I think he can put up very good numbers this year also. With more weapons on the field than ever, it would make sense we pass the ball more especially with out 100 million dollar QB. What make Boldin so good is that instead of using pure speed which he lacks he uses toughness, positioning, tight route running and underrated hands catch even the most awkward of passes. But he is 33 going on 34 and will he able to outfun father time. I don't think it will matter too much, with Crabtree coming back, his role will diminish to a #2 most likely, but I know he'll leave it all on the field. Did I mention he's a nasty blocker too? Grade: A-

Michael Crabtree - Despite Crabtree being back and healthy this year, I think this something of a make or break year. He has to prove without a shadow of a doubt that he is a true #1 receiver. Even though in 2012 he was a top 10 receiver, he was barely there last year, but don't tell that to his agent who thinks he should be making top tier money. I think Crabtree has it in him to make great plays, and he does so, but he is not a true redzone target, he is undersized, though he has a large frame he is not especially physical when trying to make a catch, which I find odd because he is an excellent blocker when asked to do so. He's not blazing fast, though he is good at making undersized corners miss, but can he prove himself against the very tough secondaries of Arizona and Seattle. The more interesting question may be can he stay healthy as well. Grade: B+

Stevie Johnson - I wanted this guy on our team 2 years ago and was willing to part with a 2nd rounder to get him. We got him now for a fraction of the price (conditional 3rd). He is a home run hitter but he has been held back by playing with mediocre/bad QBs his entire career. Kapernick has the arm to help him make the most of his talents. Again, he also has a history of being up, but the advantage is that he is part of an ensemble here, not the main guy. I think he fills our WR corps out nicely and will be a great compliment to the team. Grade: B

Bruce Ellington - I like this guy a lot, though he is undersized I think he can contribute in the return game as well be a situational receiver. He has blazing speed and great agility. He has the ability to make some very difficult catches and is an underrated route runner. He has a shot to be our future slot moving forward. But I think he can contribute now on kickoff returns and even punt returns. Making LaMichael James seem less and less useful. My only concern is if his lack of size could be a liability against some of the physical defenses we play this season. Grade: B-

Quinton Patton - I think he showed great potential towards the end of the last season. His reception essentially sealed that Arizona game for us. I think he has very good hands and his on the field speed is better than expected, he even has a knack for making contested catches as well its just that we have a crowded WR crew this year and what can he do to stand out. He's also a capable blocker. He may end up being a victim of just not getting the chance to develop because of the teams obsession with finding veterans. It's sad, he seems like a great character guy. Grade: C+

Brandon Lloyd - He hasnt played in two years, and I still remember his days earlier in his career when he was a contentious yet talented player. Now he is a grizzled veteran and word on the street is he is still in great football shape. I expect him to make the team but he will be a backup to probably spell Anquan Boldin as I think they play similarly. Again since his game never relied heavily on speed it has aged well, I wish some of our younger players would be developed more but Lloyd is a good insurance policy and can probably pick up the offesnse quickly. Grade: C+

Jon Baldwin - His career is on the line here, he's a 6'5 receiver that isn't that fast and he can't catch, which means he is no redzone target. He needs to have an amazing camp or it's likely we part ways with him. Grade: D

Kassim Osgood: He no good as a receiver, but he is a very good special teamer. But is that enough to save him a roster spot this year, I'm not sure. Grade: D-

Devon Wylie: No use to us as a receiver but he is a capable return man. He'll probably make the squad as an inactive player, but we have better return guys and we drafted some rookies who can return as well, I'd be surprised if he made the roster. Grade: F

Chuck Jacobs - He was talented at Utah State but I expect him to end up on the practice squad, he could be a late bloomer should we hold on to him but he's probably not making the roster. Grade: F

David Reed: Another receiver from, Utah, he made some big plays in college but he's purely a scout teams receiver. Grade: F

In conclusion, we really beefed up our roster at WR, on paper, we may have the best WR crew in the NFL and I think is they stay healthy they can help us win a Superbowl, while none of the top 3 are speedsters they are all very capable catchers which is actually ideal in the modified power offense we run. We focus more on route running and tough catches as opposed to blowing by our opponents, this is also good for our offense as Kap makes some of his best throws out of the pocket. We also have pieces that can grow into certain roles moving foword. Also I think Stevie Johnson also serves as a warning to Crabtree, as I think he is almost as good and can replace Crabtree should he decide to leave for greener pastures. Should Boldin should retire after this season, Stevie Johnson can fill in there too and then we have perhaps Patton or Bruce Ellington fill in and maybe find an underserved veteran. Either way this had gone from being a weakness to one of our strongest units. Unit Grade: A-

• Dap
Reactions: dza

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL