A man can be destroyed, but he can't be defeated: The 49ers 2014 official offseason thread

Daps
After reading that article, good job FO.

Like someone said, who is his agent? Seems like we worked his ego on this, I like that it seems we could walk away from the deal at any year.

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
:leon: :leon: :leon: That does sound way better than I thought.

But again, I'm a moron when it comes to cap space stuff. Regardless of all the perks in the deal, how much flexibility are we gonna have in the next 2-3 years to sign or resign players?
this right here, Im pretty bad with cap numbers myself, can someone break down cap hit and why its a 'team-friendly' deal ?

Brady-Carter

It is what it is..
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TDot
this right here, Im pretty bad with cap numbers myself, can someone break down cap hit and why its a 'team-friendly' deal ?

9fiPv7n.png

Those cap numbers are if Kaep hits all his bonuses.

And Florio has a good break down on how it affects the team..

Kaepernick’s deal helps sign other guys in one way: It doesn’t pay market value | ProFootballTalk

Brady-Carter

It is what it is..
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TDot
ok cool, so basically two last years are team option more or less.

Yup. But really, with the dead money being so little b/c of the small signing bonus. The 9er's can cut him anytime after this season with minimal cap damage. I am no expert, but looks like a pretty creative contract.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile

"Kaepernick, with a deal that pays out $13 million in 2014, as much as $14.8 million but as little as $10.4 million in 2015, as much as $16.3 million but as little as $11.9 million in 2016, as much as $18.9 million but as little as $14.5 million in 2017, as much as $19.4 million but as little as $15 million in 2018, as much as $21.2 million but as little as $16.8 million in 2019, and as much as $23.4 million but as little as $19 million in 2020, quickly will find himself well below the going rate for true franchise quarterbacks — no matter how well he plays as he adds to a career that consists for now of only 23 regular-season starts but several memorable postseason performances."

Aight then :obama:

Also love how the deal protects us from a bad injury.

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
kaep really showed he loves being a niner and is about team and winning

:salute:

:russ:

at the haters yesterday, this will cripple the niners and you'll end up like the ravens and steelers

:youngsabo:

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
kaep really showed he loves being a niner and is about team and winning

:salute:

:russ:

at the haters yesterday, this will cripple the niners and you'll end up like the ravens and steelers

:youngsabo:

Nikkaz were ready to start Gabbert :mjlol:

Baalke/Paraag/Harbaugh.... Have faith in these men.

FakeNews

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I was reading a column by Matt Barrows and he said Bethel Thompson was out playing Gabbert at OTAs :heh: I know its just OTAs but still if this cat Gabbert cant even beat out Thompson he's worse than I imagined.

Dat916nigga

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I was reading a column by Matt Barrows and he said Bethel Thompson was out playing Gabbert at OTAs :heh: I know its just OTAs but still if this cat Gabbert cant even beat out Thompson he's worse than I imagined.

i thought gabbert was here to send kaep a message lol :mjlol:

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay

who was trying to start gabbert besides lastemp tho ? :mjlol:
gabbert is fukking ass. still dont get us trading for him out of all backups available out there