A King Asks For Seconds & A Chef Obliges: Official Warriors vs. Cavs 2016 NBA FINALS Thread

Who You Got

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

inndaskKy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Depends on what Draymond does, as he's been the Warriors best and most impactful player thus far. I don't get this obsession with trying to bring down Curry because he's not going to win or doesn't deserve the FMVP.

So you would give it to Curry over Klay and Iggy if Draymond sucks? Based on what exactly? :jbhmm:

CJ

Your objective semi-troll
Daps
Reppin
6ix
Wanted to see GSW prevail without Draymond for the additional post-Coli fukkery it would have caused. :ohlawd:

But that performance from Kyrie was on another level, had to root for the breh. Unbelievable. That stretch when he scored 7 straight with the 3 to cap it off was wheweeeee :wow:

Daps
So you would give it to Curry over Klay and Iggy if Draymond sucks? Based on what exactly? :jbhmm:
I never said I'd give it to Curry. There's far too many things to weigh up. It's not as simple as if he had 37/7/7 and Klay had 25, and the Warriors won the next game (especially since Draymond would need to be good in order for them to win). You have to remember that a large majority of the open looks (makes or misses) and easy baskets the Warriors have been getting are down to Curry in this series - as they always are. He's not going to get the assist but he's the one that plays the largest part in it.

inndaskKy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I never said I'd give it to Curry. There's far too many things to weigh up. It's not as simple as if he had 37/7/7 and Klay had 25, and the Warriors won the next game (especially since Draymond would need to be good in order for them to win). You have to remember that a large majority of the open looks (makes or misses) and easy baskets the Warriors have been getting are down to Curry in this series - as they always are. He's not going to get the assist but he's the one that plays the largest part in it.

That has been majorly overstated the last few weeks. Yes, GSW is generally a better team when Curry's on the floor, but no, Curry's impact does not mean he deserves most of the credit for when their system is working. He's just one part of their entire system. His team does at least as much for his play as he does for the team. And Draymond and Klay are both arguably more important for their system than he is because they are full-blown two-way players and Curry is at best not a liability on the defensive end from time to time.

Curry has been their third best starter this series and the bench as a whole has also been a more crucial factor for them in getting the wins. There is 0 reason so far why he should get FMVP and one game where he would clearly be their best player would not change that.

LeBron on the other hand has mostly been really good throughout the series and is indeed the leading candidate for FMVP for the Cavs, though Kyrie still has a good shot at overtaking him.

Take_Note

All Star
Daps
And people can't say bron doesn't have help, when he has kyrie:ehh:
I think they do need a more complete team, especially when you see them compete with a team that can spread points around like the Warriors

Warriors can still be competitive with Curry or one of their other key players out for a game. How well would the Cavs do with Lebron or Kyrie out for a whole game?

Take_Note

All Star
Daps
My favorite part of all of this is that some of the same people that have been hating on Dray for the last 2 years saying how he's just a "role player", are now championing him as the most important player on the team

Is it One Mic or Oochie Wally? :lupe:
Is it black girl lost or shawty owe you for ice? :whoo::ohlawd:

JayGatsby

R.I.P CHINX
Daps
what i liked about Lebron was his whole seriousness

not once did he break a smile or anything,dude was zoned out

even when he hugged kyrie at the end

im hoping this latest criticism turns him into a machine,

im hoping this game turns kyrie into the scoring god he can be......some of his shots were :wow:

Daps
That has been majorly overstated the last few weeks..
Explain.

He's been blanketed by both the Cavs and Thunder in just about every situation throughout both series: PnR, off-ball, ISO, on drives and spotting up. How can that be possibly overstated?
Yes, GSW is generally a better team when Curry's on the floor, but no, Curry's impact does not mean he deserves most of the credit for when their system is working. He's just one part of their entire system.
:heh:

On offense he most certainly does. It's not even up for debate.
His team does at least as much for his play as he does for the team.
Not true at all. Certainly applies to the defensive end but not on offense.
And Draymond and Klay are both arguably more important for their system than he is because they are full-blown two-way players and Curry is at best not a liability on the defensive end from time to time.
It's hard weighing up Draymond's impact in comparison to Curry's. I think if you broke it down, he'd be 1b. Klay most DEFINITELY not. Klay's a shooter and is limited at creating his own shot (in relation to Curry), he doesn't run the offense and he doesn't attract the same amount of defensive attention because of is inability to handle the ball, lack of court vision and passing ability.

Curry's a good defender, I'd wish this board would stop saying otherwise. He's just limited in the positions he can guard.
Curry has been their third best starter this series and the bench as a whole has also been a more crucial factor for them in getting the wins. There is 0 reason so far why he should get FMVP and one game where he would clearly be their best player would not change that.
i) How the fukk can you use a whole bench and compare them to one player?
ii) I've already acknowledge that Draymond has been their best player - if Curry ends up having a big game in G6 - there's a great chance he ends up being the second best player for the Warriors.
iii) You must take into account all the defensive attention he's getting. Which is what dudes had a problem with last season, when comparing him to Iggy [FMVP cases] - 80% of Iggy's points were assisted with bigs guarding him on the perimeter, getting a shooting cushion or just being left wide open. Whereas Curry had to score against defenders draped all over him.

I still don't understand what your obsession is with him and the FMVP? What is this suppose to prove? Where were you when he was the Warriors best player over the course of the last three games of the WCF; when they won three games in a row.
LeBron on the other hand, has mostly been really good throughout the series and is indeed the leading candidate for FMVP for the Cavs, though Kyrie still has a good shot at overtaking him.
Your point is what exactly?