A King and an Empire: The Official GOAT franchise Boss Angeles Lakers 2018-19 season

Mars

Superstar
Daps
The Lakers quality of the opponent has a lot to do with the marginally improved defensive numbers (Ny,Chi,Clev,Det)

FG% wise...NY,Chi,Det and Clev are 4 of the 5 worse shooting teams in the league

i3f53l.jpg

Twitter/Posters need to do a better job of putting statistics into context.

Last edited:

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
Fax, but people keep ignoring this shyt.....posting up the offensive stats but leaving out shyt like this

but of course, none of this holds any value.

where's the value in that (against alot of bad offensive teams ) if you also have the worst offense since lebron's been out? Basically the defense hasn't changed much while the offense went all the way down to dead last

Without James’ top-10 scoring and elite playmaking, the team’s offense has cratered, ranking last in the NBA in offensive rating (100.9), compared to 17th with him active (108.8).

Lakers Turn to Defense in LeBron's Absence | Los Angeles Lakers

10bandz

RIP to the GOAT
Supporter
Daps
where's the value in that (against alot of bad offensive teams ) if you also have the worst offense since lebron's been out? Basically the defense hasn't changed much while the offense went all the way down to dead last

Lakers Turn to Defense in LeBron's Absence | Los Angeles Lakers

man shut the fukk up. If the defense was worse the last 11 games your fakkit ass would be posting up stats and charts like "Oh I thought Bron didn't play defense and they were better without him " :camby:

Karume

All Star
Daps
NBA.com had a stat for it until this year, now I can't find it. It's like they randomly decided to stop posting the dribbles/time of possession stats for some reason this season. I can't even find the archived stats for it except for places like this board if someone happened to discuss it in previous seasons when it was still up.

I don't know if it took too much human effort to track, or if they realized there was a flaw and it wasn't accurate, or what.
I asked because out of curiosity and my belief that people overstate how much LeBron has the ball in his hands.

Dwight Howard

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It definitely does, but honestly the defensive difference is marginal, especially compared to the offensive difference. He was gettin better as the season went on too, I get what your trying to say though and I like the young guns.

Edit: We also don’t know how much of the impact is Rajon rondo on D was. Potentially offensively too.
The difference isnt marginal. The difference in a #3 defense and a #12 defense is insignificant especially considering the difficulty of playing D in today's game. But even last year, the lakers were a top 5 defense for a significant part of the season so Luke's defensive strategy is solid forsure

10bandz

RIP to the GOAT
Supporter
Daps
The difference isnt marginal. The difference in a #3 defense and a #12 defense is insignificant especially considering the difficulty of playing D in today's game. But even last year, the lakers were a top 5 defense for a significant part of the season so Luke's defensive strategy is solid forsure

fax that was apart of my point as well. Luke has his issues but he's shown he's a solid coach in certain aspects. And a team that's given up on their coach wouldn't play such great D, so I think he still has the ears of the players despite the recent slide.

Mars

Superstar
Daps
Looking at the current state of the Rockets(High pace,Losing Capela).....Ball,Ingram,Kuzma and KCP should all have huge games....Hopefully we can pull out the victory.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
I asked because out of curiosity and my belief that people overstate how much LeBron has the ball in his hands.

They started tracking the stat from 2013, and for every year through last year LeBron finished somewhere between 18th and 32nd in the NBA in possession. In other words, he was actually below-average in ball dominance compared to the average primary ballhandler. When he played with Wade he only had the ball slightly more than Wade did, when he played with Kyrie he had the ball equal to or less than Kyrie every year. He averaged somewhere around 4 seconds with the ball per touch and 6 seconds per possession.

Dribbling stats were similar - he ranked even lower in the number of dribbles per possessions.

For some reason those stats aren't being tracked by NBA.com this year - I can't find them anywhere. You can't even find the archived stats from 2013-2017 when they were keeping it. If anyone knows any place to get those it would be great.

Karume

All Star
Daps
They started tracking the stat from 2013, and for every year through last year LeBron finished somewhere between 18th and 32nd in the NBA in possession. In other words, he was actually below-average in ball dominance compared to the average primary ballhandler. When he played with Wade he only had the ball slightly more than Wade did, when he played with Kyrie he had the ball equal to or less than Kyrie every year. He averaged somewhere around 4 seconds with the ball per touch and 6 seconds per possession.

Dribbling stats were similar - he ranked even lower in the number of dribbles per possessions.

For some reason those stats aren't being tracked by NBA.com this year - I can't find them anywhere. You can't even find the archived stats from 2013-2017 when they were keeping it. If anyone knows any place to get those it would be great.
Interesting.....The coli is a bastion of exaggeration

G-Zeus

G-Zeus Chrystler...the brehsident
Daps
Reppin
Brehsident evil
Interesting.....The coli is a bastion of exaggeration
back when i tried to show people that.. a certain poster with an agenda wouldnt accept those stats because it proved him wrong...

kept telling him that yes he has plays where he dribbles a lot.. but those are his ISO possessions.. every iso players did the same... but when it bron.. it gotta be bron ball

camer999

All Star
Daps
The lakers as a whole were operating as a top 7-8 defense with stretch’s of top 3 D (after Tyson) then once Javale went down it went to shyt for a bit. More factors than just Bron being gone effecting the recent D (teams played as well.

Darts

Spittin' em
Daps
man shut the fukk up. If the defense was worse the last 11 games your fakkit ass would be posting up stats and charts like "Oh I thought Bron didn't play defense and they were better without him " :camby:

Lol one would think they would be proud that "their team" has been playing great defense...but because there's a hint of a bad look against Bron, these cats are going all out to shyt on this.

:mjlol: Bron stans are just a different breed.