A King and an Empire: The Official GOAT franchise Boss Angeles Lakers 2018-19 season

Dwight Howard

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Reddit shytting on BI but giving Kuz and Zo a pass :mjlol:

Can someone that watched this game please explain why dudes that shot a combined 7-31 are not to blame?
Of course they are. Them kids don’t understand the game. You have a dude that shoot 5-18 while not giving you anything else, 9/10 that’s an L.

Dwight Howard

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Its not mental. He has had more playing time than he deserves based on his numbers. He just don't got it. His college game has not translated to the next level and It is what it is. Yall are expecting to him to be something he is not. He is not capable of finishing around the rim. He stays getting blocked. He is not capable of shooting better in game. Only thing he should be able to improve is his free throw shooting. Other than that he is just not able to compete offensively in the league.
Bad take. He can shoot the three ball and get to the lane easily. His issues are fixable. He’s not used to creating his offense, that’s never been his game, think Jason Kidd. He’s the type of player that has thrived off catch-n-shoots and transition offense. He’s not a half-court scorer, atlas not yet. But his limitations aren’t due to athleticism or physical ability. He’s still very new to half court scoring. He wasn’t asked to do it at chino hills or UCLA.

Last edited:

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
I have to agree unfortunately. There’s no reason a 6’6” guard as athletic as Zo can’t to the rim and finish or even draw fouls. Then in the rare case he does make it to the line, his shooting is abhorrent. He’s not making the progress I thought he would this year in that aspect.

You can’t be bad at shooting and finishing. You can be one or the other and survive in the NBA. Both is an issue.
Looking at the stats, Zo is doing much better around the rim than last year. He’s shooting at 59% clip from 0-3 feet which is an improvement of 10% over last year.

That being said 1 FTA a game at 41% is still silly.

He has to find some type of consistentcy somewhere.

Colejeezy

Rest In Peace KOBE
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Bad take. He can shoot the three ball and get to the lane easily. His issues are fixable. He’s not used to creating his offense, that’s never been his game, think Jason Kidd. He’s the type of player that has thrived off catch-n-shoots and transition offense. He’s not a half-court scorer, atlas team not yet. But his limitations aren’t due to athleticism or physical ability. He’s still very new to half court scoring. He wasn’t asked to do it at chino hills or UCLA.

To add on to this - Lonzo didn’t really get to work and add to his game this past summer due to injury. All he did was lift weights it’s the only thing he could do while recovering. Not being able to work with a trainer over the summer really hampered his development for this coming year. I’ll give him another summer, hopefully healthy to get in the lab and really refine and develop his offense go to moves in the half court.

Nigerianwonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Bad take. He can shoot the three ball and get to the lane easily. His issues are fixable. He’s not used to creating his offense, that’s never been his game, think Jason Kidd. He’s the type of player that has thrived off catch-n-shoots and transition offense. He’s not a half-court scorer, atlas not yet. But his limitations aren’t due to athleticism or physical ability. He’s still very new to half court scoring. He wasn’t asked to do it at chino hills or UCLA.

He only sometimes scores when he is wide open. Teams are not applying defensive pressure on him cause are not worried about his offense. If this was playground basketball he would be a self check.

His lack of athleticism is directly the cause of his trouble. He has no hang time. He cant adjust his shot in mid air. That's why he is easy to block at the rim when he drives.

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That’s 8th seed looking like the best spot at the bottom of the standings in the West. I don’t think anybody really respect nuggets as the first seed. The haven’t proven nothin in the playoffs and aren’t battled tested like GSW and OKC, or even Portland. If the postseason started today and Lebron came back, I’d put good money on LA against Denver...

Guile

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Zo has no feel or rhythm for scoring the ball at a decent clip. I'm not sure that will ever change. All I'm hoping for is that he stops missing gimmes, cleans up his pick and roll play, and makes his FT's. That should be his goal for next season.

Guile

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
His lack of athleticism is directly the cause of his trouble. He has no hang time. He cant adjust his shot in mid air. That's why he is easy to block at the rim when he drives.

Zo is pretty athletic, in fact more so than I thought he would be coming out of college. He just does not apply it. Him being blocked at the rim is just a matter of poor technique and a lack of finesse and skill.

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
Zo is pretty athletic, in fact more so than I thought he would be coming out of college. He just does not apply it. Him being blocked at the rim is just a matter of poor technique and a lack of finesse and skill.
I've said before I think it's all just a matter of him being afraid of going to the line. To be a consistent finisher unless you have a crazy touch at the rim like Kyrie and Curry you need to use your body to bump off a shot blocker to avoid being blocked. Zo avoids that contact because he doesn't want to go to the line so he just tosses shyt up leaving the shot blocker free reign to just go up and block his shots.