A King and an Empire: The Official GOAT franchise Boss Angeles Lakers 2018-19 season

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
Killa Kuz :wow: Definitely could have won those games if Kuz was there.

But y'all need to stop letting 'outsiders' pit our young core against each other smh. Think of our young core as wheels on a car...it doesn't matter which one is out, the other 3 are going to suffer eventually. We saw the negative effects of BI being out on the whole team (even with Lebron), Kuzma being out recently, and Lonzo out last year. Josh to a lesser extent wouldn't be a major loss, but he brings winning intangibles that are important.

Bottom line these guys strengths compliment each other and help to minimize their weaknesses, stop picking sides and embrace the core as a whole.
The nose dive started when everybody was healthy. It's not even a guarantee they win those games with LeBron there.

Darts

Spittin' em
Daps
The nose dive started when everybody was healthy. It's not even a guarantee they win those games with LeBron there.

Nope, the nose dive started during the period Ingram was out with the ankle injury...when some folks were gleefully saying he was irrelevant :sas2:

Daps

it was a 12 point game...with an entire quarter to go... beas shut them down ..it wasnt a garbage time thing.. he sealed the game...

You didn’t see everybody going out of their way to get him the ball? Everybody was passing up open shots dog

That was Kobe last game Magic All Star game status

Guile

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I will predict that if Zo remains healthy all year and into the summer he is going to be a a fringe all star in his third year. And that is why I am hoping Magic and Pelinka do not trade the young guys for AD in the summer if Kawhi stays in Toronto or goes to the Clippers.

The God Poster

LWO representa
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I will predict that if Zo remains healthy all year and into the summer he is going to be a a fringe all star in his third year. And that is why I am hoping Magic and Pelinka do not trade the young guys for AD in the summer if Kawhi stays in Toronto or goes to the Clippers.
Can you explain why you believe this?

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
Lance shoots better from the field than KCP
Lance going into last night was their best 3 point shooter
Lance is a capable playmaker...had 7 assists vs The Knicks & 6 vs. The Twolves

Let’s cut Lance’s minutes because Beas is getting garbage time buckets :ohhh:
Lance is too much of a wild card. He can be a huge spark plug and playmaker or get caught up in the moment and starting throwing dumb passes or dominating the ball and forcing up bad shots. I love the energy he brings but just don't trust me night to night. I think if lineups are staggered right Lance's playmaking won't be needed.

Colejeezy

Rest In Peace KOBE
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Lance is too much of a wild card. He can be a huge spark plug and playmaker or get caught up in the moment and starting throwing dumb passes or dominating the ball and forcing up bad shots. I love the energy he brings but just don't trust me night to night. I think if lineups are staggered right Lance's playmaking won't be needed.

Lance is good to bring off the bench when the rest of team or the 2nd unit lacks energy. I see him pound the ball or look off people or completely ignore the sets they try to run too many times for him to go iso. He has his moments but id rather have a guy out there that can provide stability every night. Rondo being out makes sense for Lance to play right now but as soon as he comes back, he shouldnt see the floor unless the lakers really NEED some sort of spark.

Daps

But herein lies the problem...they look to him to dominate the ball lol When he comes in the game The Lakers run that set when they do handoff that has him drag his man to the middle of the floor. At that point they want the boy to get biz.

I think the issue is optics. If he has 2 turnovers and 8 assists people will harp on the turnover he threw behind his back. He’s shooting pretty well for the season so it’s a shame that Luke plays games where he yanks him after 3 minutes for the same shyt the others do.

Best case scenario he gets traded before the deadline to a contender that lets him play like 25-30 min a game.

Colejeezy

Rest In Peace KOBE
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
But herein lies the problem...they look to him to dominate the ball lol When he comes in the game The Lakers run that set when they do handoff that has him drag his man to the middle of the floor. At that point they want the boy to get biz.

I think the issue is optics. If he has 2 turnovers and 8 assists people will harp on the turnover he threw behind his back. He’s shooting pretty well for the season so it’s a shame that Luke plays games where he yanks him after 3 minutes for the same shyt the others do.

Best case scenario he gets traded before the deadline to a contender that lets him play like 25-30 min a game.

i think lance still serves a purpose like i said when the team lacks energy hes the guy you can bring in and provide a spark. i wouldn't trade him just to trade him. he has shot pretty well this season but even last night, i saw him hesitate to give beasley the ball when beas had a mismatch. held the ball for 1 to 2 seconds too long..and it happens too often. when he's in the game with lonzo, id rather see lonzo have the ball but instead lance over dribbles too many times instead of keeping the ball in lonzos hands or move it around.