A King and an Empire: The Official GOAT franchise Boss Angeles Lakers 2018-19 season

10bandz

RIP to the GOAT
Supporter
Daps
yeah last night zo shot 5 for 7 from three which is great

he's been making strides with his offensive aggression but i still expect more out of him. with his talent he should be one of the best players in the league

i mean he's only in his 2nd year breh, hasn't even played 100 total games yet. So as time goes on perhaps he'll be a top player I definitely still think he can be a modern Jason Kidd

Osmosis

Superstar
Daps
How? He's been better at everything except FTs. i love how one of the main criticism about Zo was that was he passive and wouldn't attack the basket, he's been attacking the basket like crazy now and had a good shooting game last night and nikkas ignore all that and act like FT's are the whole story on him.
Lonzo was 5 of 7 from 3 yesterday but finished 6 from 13 overall, that means he was 1 for 6 inside the arc (majority of those attempts in the paint). He’s a really bad finisher at the rim, if his three ball isn’t falling he really can’t do anything in terms of scoring.

10bandz

RIP to the GOAT
Supporter
Daps
Lonzo was 5 of 7 from 3 yesterday but finished 6 from 13 overall, that means he was 1 for 6 inside the arc (majority of those attempts in the paint). He’s a really bad finisher at the rim, if his three ball isn’t falling he really can’t do anything in terms of scoring.

well he can't become a better finisher if he's not attacking in the first place so at least hes doing that. He's been kicking it out too when driving. If he was 5-7 from inside the arc and 1-6 from 3 y'all wouldn't be happy neither. He isnt gonna be the perfect player today, no one at 21 will be. But y'all said he should better and he is, said he should attack and be aggressive and he is. Also against the Clips he was like 3-4 or 3-5 from inside the arc so as usual he's been up and down.

Reid2Achieve

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
That last game took everything in me not to slander my boys :wow:

It was just one game, and 3 out of our top 6 was hurt... but that one still stings :mjcry:

It’s frustrating, but we took Ingram knowing he would be a project. I’m continuing to be patient with him, but for this season I hope it is becoming clear that he needs to assume a tertiary role and diversify his shot selection. I would much rather he chuck up lightly contested threes as opposed to these long twos when he’s creating for himself ( this drives me crazy about him :fire: ). We have seen him do step back threes in preseason. Where is that shot?? He said he worked all summer on his jumper (among other things) and he still barely shoots the three ball... with his lack of explosion and strength it is vital that he is a shooting threat so defenses at least close on him or play him tighter. It’s time to try a different approach, Brandon... if he could play the Otto Porter role this year it would be fantastic.

With that said... at one point is Luke Walton going to install an offensive system? Kudos to his defensive coaching prowess, but we have not seen much offensive creativity since he’s been here. This last week or so truly crystallized how much he relies on fast breaks and Lebron to bail him out. I’m not going to lie, I thought he might have gotten fired after that Knicks game. I was expecting the announcement and hiring of Mark Jackson by now...today is probably a must win game for Luke.

Lebron for MVP :bryan:

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
That last game took everything in me not to slander my boys :wow:

It was just one game, and 3 out of our top 6 was hurt... but that one still stings :mjcry:

It’s frustrating, but we took Ingram knowing he would be a project. I’m continuing to be patient with him, but for this season I hope it is becoming clear that he needs to assume a tertiary role and diversify his shot selection. I would much rather he chuck up lightly contested threes as opposed to these long twos when he’s creating for himself ( this drives me crazy about him :fire: ). We have seen him do step back threes in preseason. Where is that shot?? He said he worked all summer on his jumper (among other things) and he still barely shoots the three ball... with his lack of explosion and strength it is vital that he is a shooting threat so defenses at least close on him or play him tighter. It’s time to try a different approach, Brandon... if he could play the Otto Porter role this year it would be fantastic.

With that said... at one point is Luke Walton going to install an offensive system? Kudos to his defensive coaching prowess, but we have not seen much offensive creativity since he’s been here. This last week or so truly crystallized how much he relies on fast breaks and Lebron to bail him out. I’m not going to lie, I thought he might have gotten fired after that Knicks game. I was expecting the announcement and hiring of Mark Jackson by now...today is probably a must win game for Luke.

Lebron for MVP :bryan:

Luke will get fired in the next few weeks if they continue to lose.

Sinnerman

Veteran
Daps
I'm not expecting the win today,

if only because we don't usually win these afternoon sunday games

Gravity

Banned
Daps

This is a good thread on Ingram

Its funny watching the kobe crew cosign this when it basically breaks down how silly their "lebron was holding ingram back" talking point was. The point about how ingram needs to up his catch n shoot game was particularly noteworthy to me seeing as how kobe fanboys try to disparage "bron-ball" and how it requires role players to hit spot up open shots.:pachaha:

This breakdown just repeats everything ive already said in this thread. They need to change ingram's role. Stop tryna force him in the point forward go-to man role, and let him get in where he fits in off the ball. Let his game develop more naturally.