A King and an Empire: The Official GOAT franchise Boss Angeles Lakers 2018-19 season

Mars

Superstar
Daps
They were 2-4 in the 6 games prior to warriors. People been injured this entire time.:francis:

I think the reason why people are in such an uproar is that...

*Some of the young players are getting exposed.

*The narratives about Lebron holding players back and the assumption that this team would play more better as a unit without him has been debunked.

*4 of the last 5 games were at home.....when LA loss 4 of 6 prior to the Warriors game, 4 of the 6 games were on the road.

*LA had leads in the late 3rd/early 4th quarters of all 4 of their recent losses.

Up 6 at the start of the 4th vs Knicks
Up 4 at the start of the 4th vs OKC
Up 10 on the LAC in the 3rd quarter
Up 15 on Sac with 6 minutes left in the game

The crazy thing is...The only game LA won was the game they trailed the Kings by 11 points in the 3rd quarter.

Teko

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Johanesburg; Coral Way (FL)
It's one thing for Ingram to not be a iso maestro. It's another for Walton to be empowering him to try to take over in the 4th.

Also, if Zo and Ingram could shoot 75% from the FT line at least one of the recent losses would be a W and their faults would be less magnified.
Benching Stephenson made no sense.
There are too many overreactions here though. Bottom line is that Ingram is currently not where people hoped he would be but he has a reasonable ceiling if he moves away from forcing the ugly ISOs, Lonzo needed more touches, Hart needs to improve his shooting, Svi and KCP need to improve their consistency. Most importantly, Luke needs to think hard and fast about his tactics and gameplans because he looks lost out there especially in crunch time

LurkMoar

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
maybe ingram is not a surefire superstar, maybes hes just a real good roleplayer.

Thats ok. :yeshrug:

Iin fact the entire core make for really great roleplayers if you ask me, get a second star with bron hopefully AD and surrounded by the young guys as roleplayers you got a top 3 team :ehh:

Controversy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Philly
There's no pecking order for this team & that's the problem

It's ok to have two #1s if the rest of the guys know where they stand in the pecking order

The play is choppy bc they try to share the ball too much

Lonzo needs to be 3rd in the pecking order in order to thrive and that's our prob...most nights he's 4th, 5th or 6th

I know a lot of guys won't understand this logic and expect a guy who is 3rd in the pecking order to play like a 1 or 2....or a guy that's 5th to play like a 2 or but you have to play a near perfect game to do that

That's where the vets are supposed to come in and get everyone on board.

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
I think the reason why people are in such an uproar is that...

*Some of the young players are getting exposed.

*The narratives about Lebron holding players back and the assumption that this team would play more better as a unit without him has been debunked.

*4 of the last 5 games were at home.....when LA loss 4 of 6 prior to the Warriors game, 4 of the 6 games were on the road.

*LA had leads in the late 3rd/early 4th quarters of all 4 of their recent losses.

Up 6 at the start of the 4th vs Knicks
Up 4 at the start of the 4th vs OKC
Up 10 on the LAC in the 3rd quarter
Up 15 on Sac with 6 minutes left in the game

The crazy thing is...The only game LA won was the game they trailed the Kings by 11 points in the 3rd quarter.
This isn't a recent development. They've been falling apart all season in the 4th.

Mars

Superstar
Daps
This isn't a recent development. They've been falling apart all season in the 4th.

Yeah, but the recent losses are magnified due to how poorly the opponent was(Knicks) or how bad the opposing star player shot(Westbrook).....It's one thing to lose games when Derozen,Harden or Vucevic go off...But when Westbrook shoot's 3-20 fg and the Knicks have an 8 game losing streak...You have to win those game, especially at home.

10bandz

RIP to the GOAT
Supporter
Daps
People Ignore that because it’s a excuse. Lakers was the 4th and nikkas was still in here complaining about Bron stopping the growth of the young guys. Why you say this the worse time to be missing 3 players? The schedule that lebron been out has been kinda weak and there is no excuse to lose to the knicks at home when they’re tanking and lost 8 straight. This actually was the perfect time for the young guys to get some confidence.

It's the worse time to miss 3 players because we were already on a 2-4 skid with Bron before he got hurt. How hard is that to understand :dahell:Yall act like we was on a 8 game winning streak and then bam, Bron is gone and now the team sucks. We were sputtering even before he went down

Also, Zo has been way more aggressive since Bron's been out he clearly has more freedom to operate without Bron. And no, before you blow a fukking gasket, I dont think Bron should defer to him or go 50/50 or any of that shyt:russell:

As far as the standings go, who gives a fukk do yall realize how much the standings are going to change especially with everyone so clustered together? 6 games separate 3rd to 14th. Season not even half over and yall really on some crying about the standings shyt. We're 8th place and 2 games out of 3rd place. Holy shyt, fukk, time to panic :dahell:

10bandz

RIP to the GOAT
Supporter
Daps
with all the talk about ingram, lonzo's play actually concerns me more

How? He's been better at everything except FTs. i love how one of the main criticism about Zo was that was he passive and wouldn't attack the basket, he's been attacking the basket like crazy now and had a good shooting game last night and nikkas ignore all that and act like FT's are the whole story on him.

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
It's the worse time to miss 3 players because we were already on a 2-4 skid with Bron before he got hurt. How hard is that to understand :dahell:Yall act like we was on a 8 game winning streak and then bam, Bron is gone and now the team sucks. We were sputtering even before he went down

Also, Zo has been way more aggressive since Bron's been out he clearly has more freedom to operate without Bron. And no, before you blow a fukking gasket, I dont think Bron should defer to him or go 50/50 or any of that shyt:russell:

As far as the standings go, who gives a fukk do yall realize how much the standings are going to change especially with everyone so clustered together? 6 games separate 3rd to 14th. Season not even half over and yall really on some crying about the standings shyt. We're 8th place and 2 games out of 3rd place. Holy shyt, fukk, time to panic :dahell:

The fact that the standings are so close still got me calm. Going through injuries now is a blessing. As long as we begin to peak towards the end of the season I could care less about right now.

10bandz

RIP to the GOAT
Supporter
Daps
The fact that the standings are so close still got me calm. Going through injuries now is a blessing. As long as we begin to peak towards the end of the season I could care less about right now.

Exactly I aint even trippin about the standings until after the all star break, especially knowing that none of our injuries are serious and Bron/Kuz will be back. With Rondo and Kuz we're probably sitting at 3-2 without Bron right now. Probably would've won last night and the Cacdongnivic buzzer beater game. I dont think Luke puts the ball in BI's hands every fukking possession if he has Rondo out there. He needs to start trusting Zo in the same way though.

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
Exactly I aint even trippin about the standings until after the all star break, especially knowing that none of our injuries are serious and Bron/Kuz will be back. With Rondo and Kuz we're probably sitting at 3-2 without Bron right now. Probably would've won last night and the Cacdongnivic buzzer beater game. I dont think Luke puts the ball in BI's hands every fukking possession if he has Rondo out there. He needs to start trusting Zo in the same way though.

Yeah I’d way rather have Zo running the offense and have Ingram play off ball a bit more.

What’s annoying me is that the players are shying away from drawing fouls because of the FT troubles. I’d way rather we get the other team in foul trouble and miss FTs over not being aggressive at all or overpassing.

old boy

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
brooklyn
How? He's been better at everything except FTs. i love how one of the main criticism about Zo was that was he passive and wouldn't attack the basket, he's been attacking the basket like crazy now and had a good shooting game last night and nikkas ignore all that and act like FT's are the whole story on him.

yeah last night zo shot 5 for 7 from three which is great

he's been making strides with his offensive aggression but i still expect more out of him. with his talent he should be one of the best players in the league