A King and an Empire: The Official GOAT franchise Boss Angeles Lakers 2018-19 season

Reid2Achieve

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Meanwhile, Josh Hart is really really good. Between him, Lebron, and Ingram, we are going to feast at the free throw line this year. Hart’s not even hitting all of his open 3’s yet you can still feel his impact on both ends.

Zu looked a little better in his shifts. If he can at least protect the rim than maybe he can carve out a role.

I think Lonzo is the key to the defense. He has a Marcus Smart type impact on defense. He really is like a point guard Draymond Green out there...hopefully he gets back soon so we can see.

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
Meanwhile, Josh Hart is really really good. Between him, Lebron, and Ingram, we are going to feast at the free throw line this year. Hart’s not even hitting all of his open 3’s yet you can still feel his impact on both ends.

Zu looked a little better in his shifts. If he can at least protect the rim than maybe he can carve out a role.

I think Lonzo is the key to the defense. He has a Marcus Smart type impact on defense. He really is like a point guard Draymond Green out there...hopefully he gets back soon so we can see.

Yeah, Hitman won the starting spot at this point. Any going back to KCP is some Bron/Klutch sports type fukkery. Besides, KCP would be better with the second unit.

I got high hopes for Zu (maybe wishful more than high) because he’d be a convenient fix to one of our biggest problems.

This team gon be good tho. Just have a lot of ironing out to do.

camer999

All Star
Daps
I think he still fits but this small ball experiment ain’t gon work with Kuz. We also gotta hold our collective horses on all the declarations both good and bad. I’m hoping Zu really does step it up tho so we can kill this small ball shyt. Lakers traditionally aren’t that type of team anyway.

It just looks eerily similar. Strong rookie campaign as a scorer, commentators talk like he’s possibly better than Ingram while he proceeds to brick shots. Lol, just felt so familiar...:pachaha:
I mean at the end of the day he was fairly efficient this game atleast. Center is taking its told.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
:stopitslime:

Yeah might as well throw you on ignore now if ur gonna continue to post in this thread.

It's Bron stans. They want to trade everyone not named Bron.
So Bron haters can call Kuzma "Clarkson 2.0", and Bron stans are the ones who get targeted for thinking he's tradeable. :dead:

It's not just based on a few preseason games, I'm looking back at his last season too and seeing that this is a guy you could trade high on. He had a great rookie year but he's already 23, he's streaky, he seems to make tough shots better than he makes easy ones, and his defense could use a lot of work. He seems to me like someone who would fit much better as a #1 or #2 scorer on a bad team than as a #4 scorer on a championship team.

If Bron, Ingram, and whoever the Lakers pick up in free agency next year are the top three scoring options, then does it really benefit the Lakers most to have an elite iso scorer as the 4th or 5th option? If anything he'd be an offensive spark off the bench, but is that really his value right now, or can you get a lot more value for him elsewhere?

I argued strongly against trading Ingram last year due to his potential. But I don't see the same potential from Kuzma, I think he has a ceiling. If Kuzma is a strong enough talent on a nice enough contract that you can make him one of the pillars of a trade for a star, why wouldn't you do it?

IGSaint12

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So Bron haters can call Kuzma "Clarkson 2.0", and Bron stans are the ones who get targeted for thinking he's tradeable. :dead:

It's not just based on a few preseason games, I'm looking back at his last season too and seeing that this is a guy you could trade high on. He had a great rookie year but he's already 23, he's streaky, he seems to make tough shots better than he makes easy ones, and his defense could use a lot of work. He seems to me like someone who would fit much better as a #1 or #2 scorer on a bad team than as a #4 scorer on a championship team.

If Bron, Ingram, and whoever the Lakers pick up in free agency next year are the top three scoring options, then does it really benefit the Lakers most to have an elite iso scorer as the 4th or 5th option? If anything he'd be an offensive spark off the bench, but is that really his value right now, or can you get a lot more value for him elsewhere?

I argued strongly against trading Ingram last year due to his potential. But I don't see the same potential from Kuzma, I think he has a ceiling. If Kuzma is a strong enough talent on a nice enough contract that you can make him one of the pillars of a trade for a star, why wouldn't you do it?

First of all, I don't think people are gonna argue against a trade for AD or someone of that level, but those guys are rarely available. So just throwing around the name of guys like Lonzo, and Kuzma and that they should be traded because they don't look good in some preseason games is just ridiculous melodrama.

Sccit

LA'S MOST BLUNTED
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LOS818ANGELES

@CHICAGO

CAN WE BAN THIS FAGOT FROM THIS THREAD PLEASE?

Rakim Allah

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Pump the brakes on Kuz being Clarkson 2.0...for now.

Clarkson played two full seasons under B Scott and 3 seasons with Nick Young. Kuz probably doesn't even know who B Scott is.:francis:

Darts

Spittin' em
Daps
Kuzma is fine. The problem starts when fans/coaches try to make him something he's not. It's pretty simple:

On a good/great team he's a good 6th man or stopgap starter.
On a bad team he's a good stretch 4 starter.

Sccit

LA'S MOST BLUNTED
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LOS818ANGELES
THE PROBLEM WIT KUZMA IS THAT HE’S A LEBRON GROUPIE

SUPREMELY TALENTED, BUT NOT TOO BRIGHT

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
Nobody said Kuzma was gonna play center during the regular season. It's just preseason, Luke is experimenting with different line ups.
He's gonna be playing five during the season too. I said this when they signed LeBron and everybody thought I was buggin'. LeBron is gonna get most of the minutes at the four. If Kuzma doesn't play the five off the bench, he's gonna get 15 minutes a night.

10bandz

RIP to the GOAT
Supporter
Daps
He's gonna be playing five during the season too. I said this when they signed LeBron and everybody thought I was buggin'. LeBron is gonna get most of the minutes at the four. If Kuzma doesn't play the five off the bench, he's gonna get 15 minutes a night.

He can play the 3 too....he'll be in whenever Bron or Ingram are resting.

If he doesn't work out at the 5 i doubt they keep playing him there. If he really can't get minutes then perhaps we'd have to move him. Either way it's too early to make conclusions

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
He can play the 3 too....he'll be in whenever Bron or Ingram are resting.

If he doesn't work out at the 5 i doubt they keep playing him there. If he really can't get minutes then perhaps we'd have to move him. Either way it's too early to make conclusions
Kuzma is just as bad at SF as C. If they can't get their defense straight with him at the center spot, they'll probably try some big lineups with Ball/Hart, Ingram, LeBron, Kuzma and McGee.