A King and an Empire: The Official GOAT franchise Boss Angeles Lakers 2018-19 season

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
LWO complains about LeBron stans when Kobe stans are literally screaming about calls that go in the Lakers' favor and rooting for the Lakers to lose games. :mjlol:

Breh seriously complaining that his own team's star player didn't get a rim-hanging tech called on him that could have tied the game late. :gucci:

Was begging for a goaltending call on a GOOD block on the potential game-winning shot by the OTHER team. :mindblown:

Begging for the other team's rookie to get star treatment by the refs on drives to the hole late. :rudy:

Caping for Skip Bayless's opinions on his star player when Skip is a real-life troll that doesn't even believe those things himself. :skip:

We told ya'all for years that Kobestans weren't actual Laker fans, proved it when they hated on Shaq, Phil, Pau, Dwight, and anyone else not named Kobe...now they doing it again. :snoop:

10bandz

RIP to the GOAT
Supporter
Daps
im telling y'all, these Bron fans have PTSD and it's SAD

Look at this today

around 4am @PapaShango616 has a meltdown in the Hakeem thread

all day long @cobra and @GoddamnyamanProf have meltdowns in the Steph Curry is a system player thread

@Rhakim continuously going incoherent rants in this thread, even going as far as to suggest trading Zo for Patrick Beverly :hhh:

the rest of yall bron fans are gonna have to break away from these nikkas. they making yall look crazy out here :merchant:

Sinnerman

Veteran
Daps
LA 7-3 in their last 10 gms...Currently tied for 8th.

1 gm out of 4th place...2 gms out of 3rd place...3 gms out of 2nd place.

All things considered...not bad.

The only team we can't beat in the offs(especially with Playoff Bron) is the Warriors as far as I'm concerned

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
The only team we can't beat in the offs(especially with Playoff Bron) is the Warriors as far as I'm concerned

Lowkey, I am a believer in Playoff Bron and with Playoff Rondo that’s a nice situation for us. Luke needs to smarten the fukk up though, Bron needs to cut down on some of the bullshyt in the 4th, and the team needs to keep getting after it on defense. This team won’t survive the playoff race, let alone the playoffs, unless the defense and rebounding improve and stay sharp.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
sometimes shyt is so cliche and overstated. sometimes missing free throws doesnt mean you are not clutch, just as making them doesnt make you clutch. Bron is a good FT shooter but he was never a great one that I recall. I remember a few years back he had a really bad FT slump. Steph is a great FT shooter, but if he misses one in a clutch situation, that just means he missed. Not that he isnt clutch. Now that Deandre is making 84% of his FT does that make him more clutch of a player? hell no. it just makes him a more reliable FT shooter that teams have to think twice about hacking at the end of close games.

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
sometimes shyt is so cliche and overstated. sometimes missing free throws doesnt mean you are not clutch, just as making them doesnt make you clutch. Bron is a good FT shooter but he was never a great one that I recall. I remember a few years back he had a really bad FT slump. Steph is a great FT shooter, but if he misses one in a clutch situation, that just means he missed. Not that he isnt clutch. Now that Deandre is making 84% of his FT does that make him more clutch of a player? hell no. it just makes him a more reliable FT shooter.

Breh this team already had a free throw issue to begin with. For Bron to be making his free throws throughout the game then suddenly missing in crunch time when you’re the leader and best player ain’t a good look. How long until teams start doing the Hack-a-Bron to send his scary ass to the line?

Being clutch means you make the play when it matters most. Bron is clutch in other ways perhaps but not at the line and the team needs that.

360Waves

2 girls and they get along like I'm Lou Will
Daps
Reppin
NYC
LWO why is Lonzo so bad at breaking down defenses? I’m actually kinda amazed at how little “wiggle” he has in his dribbling moves. Breh can hardly beat defenders to get to the cup and when he does he’s pathetic finishing around the rim. His lack of aggression is weird.

He’s 6’6”. He’s athletic. Like wtf. :mindblown:

G-Zeus

G-Zeus Chrystler...the brehsident
Daps
Reppin
Brehsident evil
I WROTE ARTICLES ON LEBRONS POOR CLUTCH PLAY LAST YEAR .. IT WASNT AN ILLUSION, U JUS NOTICING IT CLOSER NOW THAT ITS HAPPENING TO OUR TEAM.

REMEMBER 7 GAMES VS THE PACERS?

ALMOST LOSING TO A JAYSON TATUM LED CELTICS IN THE ECF??

PASSING TO GEORGE HILL IN THE BIGGEST MOMENT OF THE SEASON THEN GETTIN SHUT DOWN BY STEPH CURRY IN THE BIGGEST OVERTIME OF HIS CAREER???

THE BIG SHOTS HE HIT GOT WAY MORE ATTENTION THAN ALL THE UNDERPERFORMING- BSPN MAKES SURE OF THAT.

BUT HE’S JUS NOT THE SAME PLAYER IN THE CLUTCH AS HE IS TO START THE GAME .. NEVER WAS. ITS A GENETIC CHARACTERISTIC EMBEDDED IN HIS DNA.. THATS JUS WHO HE IS BRUH. KYRIE AINT HERE TO HIDE THAT, WE NEED AN ALPHA SCORER ASAP.
I don't think that's healthy breh

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
LWO why is Lonzo so bad at breaking down defenses? I’m actually kinda amazed at how little “wiggle” he has in his dribbling moves. Breh can hardly beat defenders to get to the cup and when he does he’s pathetic finishing around the rim. His lack of aggression is weird.

A breh in here said it best, for whatever reason he’d rather play like Andre Miller. I think he got the message though cuz I seen him trying to be more explosive. Makes me want to be patient but goddamn when he ain’t doin shyt on offense it’s awful.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Breh this team already had a free throw issue to begin with. For Bron to be making his free throws throughout the game then suddenly missing in crunch time when you’re the leader and best player ain’t a good look. How long until teams start doing the Hack-a-Bron to send his scary ass to the line?

Being clutch means you make the play when it matters most. Bron is clutch in other ways perhaps but not at the line and the team needs that.
"Being clutch" is usually overblown. The vast majority of the time players make the same plays "in the clutch" that they make the rest of the game, just the different atmosphere of clutch possessions (defenses clamped down more, often more iso, might be forced into contested jumpers more often, have to make smart plays) plays into some players' strengths moreso than others.

Debunking the Myth of Clutch in the NBA Once and for All

There are few players that magically make shots at a higher rate in the clutch than they do the rest of the game. Some players, like Carmelo, just have the right kind of game that works well in the clutch - they are great shooters who like iso and can shoot over guys. Others, like Westbrook, just don't - they can't shoot and have a tendency to make bad decisions. That doesn't mean that Carmelo is clutch and Westbrook isn't, because Carmelo is always a better iso scorer and Westbrook is always a bad shooter and decision-maker. The last-second possessions just expose their strengths/weaknesses differently.

Brandon Roy is the only player I've ever personally watched and felt, "Holy shyt, that guy just makes shots when it's tight." And the stats show he's pretty good then. But it also be that he's a Blazer and my favorite player.

LeBron is always a shaky free throw shooter. It's the weakest part of the game and he overthinks them, he's changed his free-throw stroke far too often so that he's never developed one consistent shot. But for his career he's something like 74% from the line and 70% from the line in the clutch. It's not a big enough difference to matter. NBA.com says LeBron is 7-12 in the clutch so far this year, it's just a number of those misses have come with 20-30 seconds left so they stuck out more.

Not that we'd even be having this discussion if it were anyone other than LeBron. LaMarcus Aldridge missed 4 clutch free throws in the Laker game alone (1 with 2:55 left and then 3 in overtime). And he's a better ft shooter than LeBron, an 81% career shooter who shouldn't be missing those. But it happens sometimes, it doesn't mean he's not clutch. No one made threads about LaMarcus going 4-8 from the line late.

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth

Dude ius not being aggressive times

He can do it, he's athletic enough, but like we saying he's been settling for 3's and playing below the rim. Zo used to catch bodies in college. I hate when he plays passive (apart of me wonder if he's still trying to get over injuries and get in shape)

Last game was a good game though, Luke is just being retarded

Guile

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

His brothers can drive and post up a bit. I'm at a lost to why Lonzo looks so awkward and uncomfortable in any sort of advance towards the basket.