A King and an Empire: The Official GOAT franchise Boss Angeles Lakers 2018-19 season

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
Russell had way more holes in his game than Ball. He didn't have near the BBall IQ of Lonzo. I haven't heard the reports of immaturity or we haven't seen coaches openly coming out saying he needs to grow up. Lonzo has an all around game and the main question is his aggressiveness on offense and inconsistent shooting. Lonzo can still be a plus player without the ball in his hands. Nowhere near the same situation.
Russell also had questions about his aggressiveness and inconsistent shooting. Ball didn't want to work with Rondo when he came over and Kuzma's the one who watched film with him, not Ball. His dad threw Luke under the bus too so don't act like there haven't been any warning signs or cause for concern with Lonzo.

All the other young guys are coming along fine. He's the one with constant question marks.

10bandz

RIP to the GOAT
Supporter
Daps
Russell also had questions about his aggressiveness and inconsistent shooting. Ball didn't want to work with Rondo when he came over and Kuzma's the one who watched film with him, not Ball. His dad threw Luke under the bus too so don't act like there haven't been any warning signs or cause for concern with Lonzo.

All the other young guys are coming along fine. He's the one with constant question marks.

Pelinka said Magic, Rondo, and Ball all watched film together and i think Magic said the same thing

DGodRussell

peace and positivity
Daps
Reppin
Based World
Russell had way more holes in his game than Ball. He didn't have near the BBall IQ of Lonzo. I haven't heard the reports of immaturity or we haven't seen coaches openly coming out saying he needs to grow up. Lonzo has an all around game and the main question is his aggressiveness on offense and inconsistent shooting. Lonzo can still be a plus player without the ball in his hands. Nowhere near the same situation.
Stop it... Stop it. Lonzo's complete and utter ineptitude offensively is a much bigger hole in his game than anything Russell ever had. It's not just shooting that's inconsistent. This nikka Lonzo can't even dribble the ball up the court consistently. I've lost count of how many times I watched Lonzo dribble the ball off his leg and damn near turn it over without a defender within 3 feet of him. And don't even get me started on this nikka's numerous missed open layups. He's not aggressive on offense because he doesn't have the skillset to be.

10bandz

RIP to the GOAT
Supporter
Daps
Ok, so he finally started watching film with Rondo. The rest of my post remains true.

Finally? Pelinka said that shyt in July/August breh. And even before that it was said Magic and Zo were watching film together. I've heard nothing of Kuzma watching tape with Rondo instead Zo from anywhere.

10bandz

RIP to the GOAT
Supporter
Daps
Zo is shooting 44%/38% and has shot over 50% in 6 of the 11 games so far. He's 26mpg as opposed to 34mpg last year. This is bullshyt no matter how hard some of y'all hate. He should be getting at least 30mpg. Im not expecting 34-36 because i understand Rondo brings positive things to this team as a veteran and should get decent playing time, but he's eating too much time Zo should be getting.

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
What the hell is going with Stephen A wanting the Lakers to trade for Beal? Like the 3rd or 4th time I've heard him bring it up on First Take this week.

My nikka told me that shyt yesterday, take it from someone that lives in the DMV that would be the most retarded shyt ever if Magic even entertained this. Yeah, ima need Odom to snort a line and cut a fire ass promo that puts Stephen in his place.

Zo needs more PT tho. We can’t expect him to get better offensively unless he plays. Rondo is a vet, he just needs to play enough to develop chemistry but other than that we should be saving most of his magic for the playoffs.

THE MACHINE

night owl
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County

Where did you hear this?

Zo is shooting 44%/38% and has shot over 50% in 6 of the 11 games so far. He's 26mpg as opposed to 34mpg last year. This is bullshyt no matter how hard some of y'all hate. He should be getting at least 30mpg. Im not expecting 34-36 because i understand Rondo brings positive things to this team as a veteran and should get decent playing time, but he's eating too much time Zo should be getting.
Yep. I dont think Luke should be fired but what can he be seeing that leads him to these rotations? How can Rondo be getting more minutes than Zo?

10bandz

RIP to the GOAT
Supporter
Daps
It's been a pattern in every late game where the Lakers have had the lead. Lebron will dribble the clock down and then force up a bad shot. Either he has to start generating better shots or the team is going to have to run an actual offense. My personal frustration is this happening every game, especially considering how good the Laker offense is when everyone is moving around. If this was a one game thing no big deal but it's been damn near every game.

As far as Chandler being in there I don't mind that at all. My problem is more Rondo being in there. McGee can make boneheaded plays and it seems Chandler is a lot more solid in isolation defense.

fax. I understand Bron as a star player should have the discretion to do this thing when he sees fit, but at least get a better shot off. Dude is throwing up lazy fade aways. He can do much better than that

Bilz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
fax. I understand Bron as a star player should have the discretion to do this thing when he sees fit, but at least get a better shot off. Dude is throwing up lazy fade aways. He can do much better than that
Laker fans complaining that the star player is throwing up lazy fadeaways in crunch time? :leon:

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
Where did you hear this?

Yep. I dont think Luke should be fired but what can he be seeing that leads him to these rotations? How can Rondo be getting more minutes than Zo?
It was stated before the season.

We just gonna act like Magic wasn't breathing down Luke's neck a week ago? That's exactly why Rondo is gonna continue to get minutes like this. Luke is fighting for his job.

Mars

Superstar
Daps
People complain when Lebron's not aggressive,then complain when he has the "Mamba mentality" down the stretch.

20 games from now I fully expect the Lakers to be the 4th/5th seed with a chance to finish the season as the 2nd/3rd seed.

threattonature

Veteran
Daps

Lonzo is coming along fine. The main people that criticize are people that want him to be something he's not. His all around game is great. One of the better defenders on the team. Makes smart decisions with the ball when he gets it. Does a great job of keeping the ball moving. The only problem is that he has Rondo eating into his minutes which for all we know could be Luke trusting the veteran or the fact that Lebron recruited Rondo in because he trusts him. The lack of minutes isn't automatically an indictment on Lonzo is my main point. With Deangelo you could at least see him on the court fukking up and understand to some degree why he wasn't getting minutes even though we thought it was better for the long term for him to get clock.

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
People complain when Lebron's not aggressive,then complain when he has the "Mamba mentality" down the stretch.

20 games from now I fully expect the Lakers to be the 4th/5th seed with a chance to finish the season as the 2nd/3rd seed.
Fam you can't be this dumb. THe problem isn't his aggressiveness. The problem is the bullshyt shots he's been throwing up. He's not throwing up high quality shots or generating good looks. We want smart aggression.