A King and an Empire: The Official GOAT franchise Boss Angeles Lakers 2018-19 season

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
Regardless of what it "seems", by NBA stats last night was literally the first time that LeBron had a turnover in clutch time all season. Against 20 points and 6 assists.

He is holding the ball too long and not making the right play some of the time, but that goes to being less than 10 games in with a new team and new coach and the lineups keep changing. It will take time for the team to gel and make good plays together.

edit: clutch stats so far this year (last 5 minutes game within 5), obviously minuscule sample size but that's why the whole argument is dumb

Lebron 7-16 shooting, 5-8 from line, 20 points, 6 assists, 1 turnover
Kuzma 5-7 shooting, 1-2 from line, 11 points, 0 assists, 1 turnover
Hart 2-8 shooting, 4-5 from line, 9 points, 0 assists, 0 turnovers
Lonzo 2-3 shooting, 0-0 from line, 6 points, 2 assists, 0 turnovers
Williams 2-2 shooting, 0-0 from line, 4 points, 0 assists, 0 turnovers
Lance 1-3 shooting, 1-2 from line, 3 points, 2 assists, 0 turnovers
Ingram 0-1 shooting, 1-2 from line 1 point, 0 assists, 1 turnover

worth noting that nearly all of Kuzma's shots were layins/dunks off of passes.
-Last night at 4:35 left he turned the ball over.
-Nice driving basket around 3:45
-Just barely missed a turnover as the ball got knocked away.
-At 2:00 mark dribbles the clock down and gets the ball poked away out of bounds from him by Barnes without ever passing. Gets the inbounds pass and has to force up a shot since the clock is low.
-At 1:40 mark gets the ball with 21 on the clock and dribbles out the clock without ever passing and has to force a drive and shot as the clock is running out.
-:30 second mark Lebron helps off of Barnes to try and help on Doncic's drive way too late and leaves Barnes open for a 3.

None of that is shown in the clutch stats as the lead was above 5 that whole time. There was a few missed shots and a travel by Ingram late that played a part in the game being so close so it's not all on Lebron but Lebron was bad late in that game.

Karume

All Star
Daps
That's complete bullshyt. Lebron has been doing that same act for years, especially in the clutch. The big difference this year being he's not been unstoppable one on one like he was for the last few years so it's not creating openings for others because so far teams have been comfortable guarding him one on one late in games. In previous years you had to throw a double at him and get the ball out of his hands. Last year also he had no playmakers around him on Cleveland. This Laker team usually has three other people on the court with him that can playmake or create shots for themselves or others. No need for him to dominate the ball the way he has on a lot of these possessions.

Those stats don't tell shyt. Especially in games like last night where part of the reason they lost was Lebron monopolizing possessions that helped bring the lead to under 5. It also doesn't take into account the wasted possessions of him dribbling the clock down to under 5 then passing it off to someone else to take the shot. I'm personally not mad at Lebron being the closer. My whole point is he needs to do it within the offense which can open up others for scores as well instead of rendering everybody useless as he dribbles around trying to set up his drives.
What I said was correct. In fact much of what you said actually supports my position. My point wasn't to dissuade anyone of lebron responsibility but rather to suggest the others have to be improved targets. Now if they are active getting open then of course the onus is on lebron to get them the ball if that's the best play

10bandz

RIP to the GOAT
Supporter
Daps
That's complete bullshyt. Lebron has been doing that same act for years, especially in the clutch. The big difference this year being he's not been unstoppable one on one like he was for the last few years so it's not creating openings for others because so far teams have been comfortable guarding him one on one late in games. In previous years you had to throw a double at him and get the ball out of his hands. Last year also he had no playmakers around him on Cleveland. This Laker team usually has three other people on the court with him that can playmake or create shots for themselves or others. No need for him to dominate the ball the way he has on a lot of these possessions.

Those stats don't tell shyt. Especially in games like last night where part of the reason they lost was Lebron monopolizing possessions that helped bring the lead to under 5. It also doesn't take into account the wasted possessions of him dribbling the clock down to under 5 then passing it off to someone else to take the shot. I'm personally not mad at Lebron being the closer. My whole point is he needs to do it within the offense which can open up others for scores as well instead of rendering everybody useless as he dribbles around trying to set up his drives.

Exactly

look @ how Kobe was set up on this play (at 1 minute, 11 seconds).....they actually ran a play, he was off ball and got him a good look. It wasn't just give Kobe the ball at the top of the key and dribble for 20 seconds. Even on plays where Kobe would get the ball with no set play, he'd dribble a few times and pull up. Bron is just draining the shot clock and dumping it to someone else or taking a bad shot. He's way better than that and Luke needs to take some control in that aspect as well and get some plays we can run for Bron down the stretch where he can get a better shot off.

10bandz

RIP to the GOAT
Supporter
Daps
-Last night at 4:35 left he turned the ball over.
-Nice driving basket around 3:45
-Just barely missed a turnover as the ball got knocked away.
-At 2:00 mark dribbles the clock down and gets the ball poked away out of bounds from him by Barnes without ever passing. Gets the inbounds pass and has to force up a shot since the clock is low.
-At 1:40 mark gets the ball with 21 on the clock and dribbles out the clock without ever passing and has to force a drive and shot as the clock is running out.
-:30 second mark Lebron helps off of Barnes to try and help on Doncic's drive way too late and leaves Barnes open for a 3.

None of that is shown in the clutch stats as the lead was above 5 that whole time. There was a few missed shots and a travel by Ingram late that played a part in the game being so close so it's not all on Lebron but Lebron was bad late in that game.

Powerful post. nikkas need to look beyond stats when evaluating shyt. This whole campaign Bron stans have against watching games and refusing to give context to stats is getting ridiculous.

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
What I said was correct. In fact much of what you said actually supports my position. My point wasn't to dissuade anyone of lebron responsibility but rather to suggest the others have to be improved targets. Now if they are active getting open then of course the onus is on lebron to get them the ball if that's the best play

It's hard to get open if someone is just standing at the top of key just dribbling the air out the ball and if no play is called. That may be on Luke but it's been a constant on Lebron-led teams for years. Also for the clutch stats if you just narrow that down to the last 3 minutes of the game Lebron's shooting drops to 4/11 which goes with my point of him not getting it date at the very end of the games. And if I remember right at least one of the makes was an end of the game dunk off of a fast break pass.

McPiff

#goat
Daps
Javale Abdul McGee been balling man.

I think things will work themselves out. Its clear Bron thought this team was worse than they are. His mentality of "be patient" "it takes time" "we're not near GSW or Houston" was the wrong tone to set, they are ready to win. I think thats why all of these games have been a tight race. Hes waiting on the Western teams to catch up instead of viewing this conference just like the east and putting these teams away. He seems to have played into the whole "the big bad west is no joke" narrative. (WARNING - THIS NEXT SENTENCE IS GOING TO SOUND CRAZY BUT HEAR ME OUT) He should have taken the DeMar Derozan and Jimmy Butler approach and said "F the west, these dudes are food out here too". The Lakers arent championship level yet but clearly they are ahead of his expectations. He needs to re-assess his short term expectations and they can start winning 4 out of 6, 5 out of 7 before everything gels, they dont have to wait.

:dead: @ javale Abdul mcgee :russ: :russ: :russ:

This post is on point tho. The few times iv watched the lakers play this season, bron had that "passive" approach.
nikka need to go on his fukk the league steeze and takeover. The rest of the team will follow suit

Karume

All Star
Daps
It's hard to get open if someone is just standing at the top of key just dribbling the air out the ball and if no play is called. That may be on Luke but it's been a constant on Lebron-led teams for years. Also for the clutch stats if you just narrow that down to the last 3 minutes of the game Lebron's shooting drops to 4/11 which goes with my point of him not getting it date at the very end of the games. And if I remember right at least one of the makes was an end of the game dunk off of a fast break pass.
If the ball is at the top of the key, then the only thing preventing them from getting open is themselves.

The usage of end of game stats for a scorer like lebron is the shots tend to be of greater difficulty than normal. So the important thing to consider is whether there was a better available option or not.

All that being said lebron being less explosive requires greater activity by his teammates as well as his willingness to adapt.

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
yeah Laker fans are WOAT because they care about the Lakers. If we were in other teams season threads crying like you that'd make us better fans right? Knicks fan all up in the Lakers thread because thats how emotional you are about a nikka that dont play for your team. Half these Bron stans in this thread never had a favorite team. Yall can keep crying about the Laker fanbase, y'all be on our dikks we dont even give a fukk about other fanbases but somehow we woat :mjlol:
I'm in multiple teams threads I'm a fan of the league. Your team happens to have a lot of players I'm a fan of.

You stupid nikkas are suggesting Lance, Lonzo, Kuzma close games for y'all and not LeBron fukking James because of a few games shyt is comical especially given the circumstances. James track record as a closer is proven his ability to lead teams is proven. Do you clowns really think shyt is gonna be like this all season? :mjlol:

Dumb ass Lakers fans don't even realize how retarded they sound :snoop:

Last edited:

DGodRussell

peace and positivity
Daps
Reppin
Based World
I'm in multiple teams threads I'm a fan of the league. Your team happens to have a lot of players I'm a fan of.

You stupid nikkas are suggesting Lance, Lonzo, Kuzma close games for y'all and not LeBron fukking James because of a few games shyt is comical especially given the circumstances. James track record as a closer is proven his ability to lead teams is proven. Do you clowns really think shyt is gonna be like this all season? :mjlol:

Dumb ass Lakers fans don't even realize how retarded they sound :snoop:
Bron ability to close against inferior competition in the Leastern conference is proven. He's been a routine choker against teams in the West though and thus far continues to be one

camer999

All Star
Daps
Bron ability to close against inferior competition in the Leastern conference is proven. He's been a routine choker against teams in the West though and thus far continues to be one
Lebron only choked against the west in 2011...Every other year his teams were either massively out talented, Injured asf or washed. Ya'll complain about bron stans but you guys can be just as bad. Be somewhat objective jesus. The real about bron right now is that he is playing well, but doesn't feel AS dominating later in games. I personally think he fukked up a couple time late in some games this year too, but it is early with a new asf team. See it is easy to look at it rationally. Kobe failed multiple times himself, that you guys would clown bron for endlessly. Be consistent fellas.

DGodRussell

peace and positivity
Daps
Reppin
Based World
Be a dumbass, brehs
:manny: Numbers don't lie
0BJbVpr.png

2icbfnm.jpg