A King and an Empire: The Official GOAT franchise Boss Angeles Lakers 2018-19 season

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
Lotta people like to make excuses for Ball when he goes through the motions. He needs to take a cue from Rondo: regardless of who is on the court with Rondo, he's active on offense and aggressively trying to make plays; he's decisive in what he's doing. Too often Lonzo just settles, whether it's threes or just moving the ball to the next man. He has to be assertive.

I wish Ingram (who's been great tonight, but we know tends to disappear for stretches) and Ball would recognize what Rondo, Lance and Kuzma do, even when LeBron's out there: they stay active and aggressive. They don't change their game because of who is on the court with them and they've maximized their minutes early on this season. The opportunities are there for everybody on this squad, especially with their pace.
My thing is I'd rather Lonzo be out there because he'll at least keep the ball moving and contributes to the team playing with energy. This team has to run. When Rondo is in the game a lot of the running stops and the ball stops moving and in turn the team's energy dies. If Rondo was more decisive and either made a move or passed the ball I'd be cool with it. But between him and Lebron both stopping the ball the team doesn't look nearly as explosive, they stop the hustle, and you start seeing them lose the 50-50 balls.