A King and an Empire: The Official GOAT franchise Boss Angeles Lakers 2018-19 season

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
Can Zuwop still be a poor man’s Marc Gasol?

I really hope so. If he’s strengthened his core and base then we might have something. Still, I’d love to take a flyer on Bynum if he’s got sumn left. Luke knows him from the championship days so at least there’s familiarity plus we’ll have enough depth to keep his knees out of danger.

Flex Luger

Job Is Finished
Daps
Ppl shyt on Zubac cuz of last year but dude had a pretty good rookie season. He just messed up by coming into camp out shape last year. But he's been working out and playing for his national team this summer so hopefully we'll see more of the rookie Zubac. His bread and butter was the pick and roll and now he get to run it with Bron, Rondo, and Zo.

TheNig

Dr.TheNig DDS
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brolic... Alcoholics
Ppl shyt on Zubac cuz of last year but dude had a pretty good rookie season. He just messed up by coming into camp out shape last year. But he's been working out and playing for his national team this summer so hopefully we'll see more of the rookie Zubac. His bread and butter was the pick and roll and now he get to run it with Bron, Rondo, and Zo.

I knew something wasn't right last season.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
I didn't see much of a "plan" there. :francis:

LeBron should not play heavy minutes this year. They need him on a Tim Duncan workload, get him down to 30 minutes/game for the next 5+ years and keep his body fresh.

He also needs as many reps as possible with the young guys to see who they want to keep and who they might want to move on in a trade. I don't see any reason why not to keep running starting unit/bench unit separately. It's stupid to be moving guys around constantly when you have a young team and want to build chemistry.

Starting unit (15-16 first-half minutes and possible 2nd-half minutes):

Lonzo
KCP
Ingram
Lebron
Javale

Bench unit (8-9 minutes in both halves)

Rondo
Hart/Mykhailiuk
Lance
Kuzma
Zubac/Mo

Death lineup (could get heavy 2nd-half minutes depending on opponent and who is playing well)

Lonzo/Rondo
Hart/Mykhailiuk
KCP/Lance
Ingram/Kuzma
LeBron

Run with those units for the first 15-20 games or so. If KCP or Javale just aren't working out, demote them and be willing to move up Hart, Mykhaliuk, or Zubac into the starting lineup. Depending on how Lonzo, Ingram, Kuzma, and Hart develop, decide who you want to resign next year and who you want to move in a trade. Only keep Rondo/KCP/Lance/JaVale if you really see something special from them that could work on a champion team. Be willing to quickly waive or trade any of them (and Beasley) if they aren't working out or causing the slightest issue in the locker room at all.