A.I. that shamelessly cheats! - "Standing flash kicks" & double sonic booms ...while walking

Tflasha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Texas
Guile was the hardest fukking CPU character in SF2. He always did the shyt OP mentioned. You couldn't do anything against him.

Jump and you get flash kicked. Move forward and it's a sonic boom. Didn't matter how the CPU was moving either. :upsetfavre:
dont forget the in the air grab if he didnt pull off the flash kick lmao

videogamestashbox.com

Hotep
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
When I win I bring we with me
I feel you, but this nonsense has existed for over 30 years. At some point I think fighting game developers would at least try to improve A.I. At the moment there's two difficulties.
1. The A.I. does absolutely nothing :russell:
2. The A.I. reacts the moment you press the button and your character hasn't even begun the animation yet.:martin:

There needs to be more of a human feel. Like adaptable A.I. Like if you do the same move over and over than you get punished, but if you throw out a new move for the first time then it's less likely that they react to it. Either way it's no fun when the A.I. just stands there:dahell: or is reading your mind on some "I dare you to press a button :troll:" fukkery

:mjlol::deadmanny:

videogamestashbox.com

Hotep
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
dont forget the in the air grab if he didnt pull off the flash kick lmao
Man I almost forgot about that air grab :scust: That damn "knee drop" / "arm throw" would come out of thin air. I think it was worse because I don't recall many people in OG SF2 with an air grab besides guile:jbhmm: zangief? Vega?:patrice: So you're not really thinking about it till it lands.:ehh:

videogamestashbox.com

Hotep
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Street Fighter 2 Rainbow Champion Edition :scheme: set that bar and it's never been eclipsed since.

Yeah I watched those videos yesterday :russ: ...as a lil kid I actually remember playing the machine at a diamond jims arcade in eastwood mall, b'ham al.:patrice:
That was the first time you could play against the same character, do hurricane kicks / fire balls in the air and shyt :ohlawd: ...sign of things to come:wow:

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Mario Kart and its damn blue shell. That's the cheapest AI shyt I've ever seen. I'll literally be number 1 until the last lap and 10 seconds before the finish line, I'll get blue shelled. shyt pissed me off so much, I stopped play MK8 and my WIIU

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
Man I almost forgot about that air grab :scust: That damn "knee drop" / "arm throw" would come out of thin air. I think it was worse because I don't recall many people in OG SF2 with an air grab besides guile:jbhmm: zangief? Vega?:patrice: So you're not really thinking about it till it lands.:ehh:

Guile's reach on everything was insane too. Sweeps and crouching punches were only second to Dhalsim. :kobewhatever:

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
Guile was the hardest fukking CPU character in SF2. He always did the shyt OP mentioned. You couldn't do anything against him.

Jump and you get flash kicked. Move forward and it's a sonic boom. Didn't matter how the CPU was moving either. :upsetfavre:
I always had trouble with Sagat. muthafukka would sit back there:

tiger, tiger, tiger, tiger, tiger-uppercut, tiger, tiger...

I remember the struggle trying to beat the game on the snes without loosing a round. fukking Sagat would always get me. :snoop: did that shyt eventually though :win:

Daps
Reppin
Dark Dimension

I remember the struggle trying to beat the game on the snes without loosing a round. fukking Sagat would always get me. :snoop: did that shyt eventually though :win:
Pretty sure i struggled with him more than Bison

videogamestashbox.com

Hotep
Supporter
Daps
Reppin

Sagat always felt more so "cheap" than "cheat".:patrice:
Thing is he has those ridiculously long recovery times you can use to punish him and if you get up on him it's almost a wrap.:ehh: shyt I can consistently fukk up Sagat with Zangief by just Turtling and tagging him when he eventually fukks up.:ehh: Even with human players this works.

They used to hate my ass down at the game room for my gief game(MvC2 & HDremix):ohlawd: .....:lolbron:
I remember when SF4 came out and folks was like :krs: you need to jump on this bruh, gief goat in SF4:ooh: ...but I just hated the feel of SF4, it felt ....clunky/slow:scust:

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
mlb the show gameplay is based purely on ratings where if you lower the players defensive ratings every hit you give up is into the gaps but if you make their defensive ratings high every ball hit is right to you...

Been like that for years and i stopped playing...shame cause it was probably my favorite sports franchise

probably the only time i will ever see my rangers win the pennant:mjcry:

mr.africa

Veteran
Daps
Man fukk Inter Milan and Adriano :pacspit: look at this shyt:

Adriano-PES.png

I miss the PES PS2 days tho :mjcry:
:russ:my brother would get pissed after too many losses and go into create mode and give his created player 99' in all the player attributes.
then put the created player on his team and dominate.
:wow:i miss the PS2 PES days as well!!

StarClout

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Broncos/NYY/NYR/ALA
SNK Bosses usually had some weakness that would never work in a non Boss fight that you can exploit/cheese and win

Mortal Kombat 2- from the SRK forums:

SRK forums said:
Practically impossible to land a projectile right from the first fighter on normal difficulty, same goes with throws. A couple fights in forget about using uppercuts. they will always counter with their own. Sweeps? Forget that too. After about halfway up the tower everyone will LITERALLY WALK THROUGH YOUR SWEEP to throw you. Can't forget about dear old Kintaro. If you don't know how to exploit him, good luck. He throws you out of almost any move that involves your sprite touching his. Liu Kang's flying kicks don't even hit him for chip damage! He grabs him before contact is made! Even Motaro waited til he was hit for chip damage before throwing you! Also, don't even get me started on all of Motaro's bullshyt.

Iced/Vanilla Ice in JoJo's Bizarre Adventure

UMK3 psychic AI Jade and unmasked Sub Zero meant you were putting in more quarters in the machine

SRK forums said:
Combine all of the aspects that made MK2 hard, and up the ante.
Opponent did a projectile, and you avoided it and can now get a FREE throw while they're in recovery? Nope, get thrown first, no matter what. NO MATTER WHAT.

EVEN BETTER, play as Cyrax against the AI, and use his net...and attempt a throw. Guess who gets thrown first?! Unless you're fighting the FIRST AI opponent or continuing after getting beat, throws are useless.

Shin Akuma/God Rugal in Capcom vs SNK 2

the Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo ladder