A Dollar Only Stays In The Black Community For 6 Hours

Vandelay

Life is absurd. Lean into it.
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
I think about it this way...how often do you buy black or spend money with black folk? What was the last black dollar you spent? How many black owned products are in your home?

And I get that sentiment. It's hard to buy exclusively black. I go to black restaurants, get my mechanic work done at black garages when I don't go to the dealer. When I had hair, I went to black barbers.

What is the solution or the stepping stone to a solution? Is this a systemic problem? Is it cultural? Is it a mix?

G.O.A.T Squad Spokesman

Logic Is Absent Wherever Hate Is Present
Daps
And I get that sentiment. It's hard to buy exclusively black. I go to black restaurants, get my mechanic work done at black garages when I don't go to the dealer. When I had hair, I went to black barbers.

What is the solution or the stepping stone to a solution? Is this a systemic problem? Is it cultural? Is it a mix?
I think it all starts with a "Buy black" mindstate. I know Filipinos that will drive two cities over just to spend their money at a Filipino grocery store or they won't grocery shop until they're in an area where there's a Filipino grocery store.

It all starts with the mindset of supporting a black owned business or service first when you can. I get that there's not always a product or service availble to do that but if we all adopted the "Buy black first" mindset then black businesses that do come along that provides those goods and services will thrive instead of going out of business.

In the neighborhood I grew up in there were no black owned stores in walking distance...the Arabs was making a killing in a predominantly black neighborhood and no Arabs lived in my neighborhood.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Not about to go back and forth with you on this. Simple question, why did the Greenwood district in Tulsa, Oklahoma aka Black Wallstreet thrive?
I think the point he's making is yes, we need more black businesses, but whether or not black people support it or white people do is irrelevant as long as they are making money. Arabs and Asians have no problem getting rich off of other races. The end result is still money coming into the black community as opposed to leaving it.
The whole buy black is good motto to go by individually but a bad marketing tactic for a black business, you want every bodies dollars. We need to focus on Hiring Black more than anything. The solution to this is black people making more money, not making more money off of black people.

Captain Crunch

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NY
the coli said that Black people can't save money in the thread about Asian people saving 10k and pulling the amounts together to open businesses. Apparently 10k is an impossible sum of money. But people here have cars n stuff :dead:

$10k is an impossible sum for the vast majority of ADOS, when we're worth as little as $8 and $11 liquid in Boston/Miami

The median Black family is worth $1.7k after depreciating assets(this number would be lower if blk immigrants wasn't included).
https://www.google.com/url?q=https:...FjASegQIAhAB&usg=AOvVaw3tt7WFBJ1Bmydg9TcWO4fa

The graph is on pg 6

saturn7

Politics is an EXCHANGE!!!
Daps
Reppin
DMV Freedman
Not about to go back and forth with you on this. Simple question, why did the Greenwood district in Tulsa, Oklahoma aka Black Wallstreet thrive?

They sold to whites and blacks not just because they did business with only blacks. You can't compare a town in early 20th century America to trying to compete against mega corporations and other people with capital in the 21st Century.

Also to do capitalism correctly YOU NEED CAPITAL. Black Americans hold less than 3% of the nation's wealth. Expecting to create a wealthy business class while only doing business with people who have little to no wealth is like expecting blood from a stone.

G.O.A.T Squad Spokesman

Daps
I think the point he's making is yes, we need more black businesses, but whether or not black people support it or white people do is irrelevant as long as they are making money. Arabs and Asians have no problem getting rich off of other races. The end result is still money coming into the black community as opposed to leaving it.
The whole buy black is good motto to go by individually but a bad marketing tactic for a black business, you want every bodies dollars. We need to focus on Hiring Black more than anything. The solution to this is black people making more money, not making more money off of black people.
Who implied we should only want the black dollar? Not once did I come close to implying that nor do I support it.

G.O.A.T Squad Spokesman

Daps
They sold to whites and blacks not just because they did business with only blacks. You can't compare a town in early 20th century America to trying to compete against mega corporations and other people with capital in the 21st Century.

Also to do capitalism correctly YOU NEED CAPITAL. Black Americans hold less than 3% of the nation's wealth. Expecting to create a wealthy business class while only doing business with people who have little to no wealth is like expecting blood from a stone.
See my post above.

saturn7

Politics is an EXCHANGE!!!
Daps
Reppin
DMV Freedman
This is why I get pissed at people like Boyce and these other alleged black financial gurus.

They act like no black people before them thought "hey maybe we should own and control our own businesses" "hey maybe we should have black owned banks". While not talking about why those businesses or banks failed or are not as prominent as we want them to be.

They use shaming language against black people. "We don't support our own" , "we need to be like <insert ethnic group>" while never dealing with the true wealth position of Black America.

They don't want the economic conditions for Black America as a whole to improve. They just want to get rich off Black America regardless of how poor we are as a people. They feel entitled to your "Black dollar" while not dealing with what black folks are spending our money on. While not dealing with the fact that most people's income goes to their housing costs (rent/mortgage/utilities). While not dealing with how many black folks lost jobs or are taking pay cuts due to COVID-19. While not dealing with the fact that a lot of black families will be homeless soon!

They are just fukking selfish and I'm tired of them!!

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
$10k is an impossible sum for the vast majority of ADOS, when we're worth as little as $8 and $11 liquid in Boston/Miami

The median Black family is worth $1.7k after depreciating assets(this number would be lower if blk immigrants wasn't included).
https://www.google.com/url?q=https:...FjASegQIAhAB&usg=AOvVaw3tt7WFBJ1Bmydg9TcWO4fa

The graph is on pg 6
nope

that's a compromised mentality and a lie.

if you believe getting 10k saved towards changing your life is impossible you are doomed eternally.

Thurgood Thurston III

#LLNB #LLLB #E4R | woooK nypdK
Daps
Reppin
The kirk to the fields
You gotta make sure that the black business owners also spend the money we give them with other black businesses.

I've supported a lot of black businesses who seem to give that money right back to white people.

This is why we need more variety in the industries we're in.

Ideally, most of the supply chain should be black.