A deeper look into the Playstation 5-Haptic feedback on controller, UI facelift and more

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
Can anyone explain to me what is so great or intriguing about these details? Sony and MS are full of shyt. We I still can barely hit 4k/60 consistently in most games on a Pro or X so do y'all really believe these next consoles will be anything but what the Pro and X should have been? I guess we'll wait another gen for real innovation...
If the pro and X had these specs when they released, they'd cost $1000+.

The 1X hits 4k more often than not.

Hardware gets cheaper over the years, and Sony/Microsoft cant just throw $500 graphics cards and cpus into a $400 package.

Even at the beginning of this generation, games like battlefield 4 looked far better than the ps3/360 ports. The last of us couldn't even hit a steady 30fps on ps3.

4K wasnt even the norm when this generation started

If resolution and frames per second is that big of a deal to you then you can always build a gaming PC for that.

B86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Da Burgh
If the pro and X had these specs when they released, they'd cost $1000+.

The 1X hits 4k more often than not.

Hardware gets cheaper over the years, and Sony/Microsoft cant just throw $500 graphics cards and cpus into a $400 package.

Even at the beginning of this generation, games like battlefield 4 looked far better than the ps3/360 ports. The last of us couldn't even hit a steady 30fps on ps3.

4K wasnt even the norm when this generation started

If resolution and frames per second is that big of a deal to you then you can always build a gaming PC for that.
I have a gaming PC but it's that big of a deal because that's what the systems were advertised as...4k machines. Nothing you said warrants the lack of innovation that's occurring. If PS3 was barely hitting 30FPS on The Last of Us then doesn't that mean Sony and MS are just money grabbing, being that they keep pushing out consoles that don't do exactly as advertised? And 4k was the norm in this generation once they started pushing "4k consoles"

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
I have a gaming PC but it's that big of a deal because that's what the systems were advertised as...4k machines.
The original ps4 and X1 were never advertised as 4K machines. The 1X actually is a 4k machines, only Sony fukked up with the pro.
Nothing you said warrants the lack of innovation that's occurring. If PS3 was barely hitting 30FPS on The Last of Us then doesn't that mean Sony and MS are just money grabbing, being that they keep pushing out consoles that don't do exactly as advertised?
They aren't "pushing out consoles", you make it sound like a new xbox and playstation comes out yearly. And again, the 1X does what's advertised.
And 4k was the norm in this generation once they started pushing "4k consoles"

Once again, the 1X is a 4k console. Sony fukked up with the pro, they hold that L alone. 4k didnt become the norm until halfway through the generation and Sony/Microsoft had their hands tied by having to develop games with the base models in mind.

Innovation is more than just 4K resolutions and frame rates, these systems were strong enough to create innovative games but the focus has been better looking games and micro transaction rather than innovative games. That's a problem with the gaming industry as a whole, not the consoles Sony and Microsoft are putting out.

The most innovative console this generation is also the weakest console this generation. 4K does not= innovation. Creative approaches to game design is innovation and you dont need 4k to do that.

Last edited:

B86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Da Burgh
The original ps4 and X1 were never advertised as 4K machines. The 1X actually is a 4k machines, only Sony fukked up with the pro.

They aren't "pushing out consoles", you make it sound like a new xbox and playstation comes out yearly. And again, the 1X does what's advertised.

Once again, the 1X is a 4k console. Sony fukked up with the pro, they hold that L alone. 4k didnt become the norm until halfway through the generation and Sony/Microsoft had their hands tied by having to develop games with the base models in mind.

Innovation is more than just 4K resolutions and frame rates, these systems were strong enough to create innovative games but the focus has been better looking games and micro transaction rather than innovative games. That's a problem with the gaming industry as a whole, not the consoles Sony and Microsoft are putting out.

The most innovative console this generation is also the weakest console this generation. 4K does not= innovation. Creative approaches to game design is innovation and you dont need 4k to do that.
Never once have I said 4k = innovation. In fact, that's my whole point...I said we are BARELY hitting 4k but that has nothing to do with innovation. If that was the case that innovation was over years ago... Which furthers my point

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
Never once have I said 4k = innovation. In fact, that's my whole point...I said we are BARELY hitting 4k but that has nothing to do with innovation. If that was the case that innovation was over years ago... Which furthers my point
Well you asked whats the point of all these details, then went on a rant about 4K and frame data.

The details of the controller changes sounds like innovation to me, more innovative than 4k 60fps.

Psvr is the most innovative piece of hardware this generation on consoles, but you havent even considered that cause you're focused on the pro not being real 4K, and claiming that Microsoft and Sony are releasing consoles as money grabs when they're actually losing money with new consoles.

detach

Banned
Daps
Reppin
OHIO
someone like me who likes to chill on the couch while gaming. I dont wanna be hunched over a desk playing games on a MnK, shyt feels like office work.

:duck::duck::duck:

I have never seen anybody "chill on the couch" while playing any videogames unless they bored af. You're either hunch over that couch in the same position as if you were in a chair.

Even when I play console games, I never slouch like a potato.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
:duck::duck::duck:

I have never seen anybody "chill on the couch" while playing any videogames unless they bored af. You're either hunch over that couch in the same position as if you were in a chair.

Even when I play console games, I never slouch like a potato.

Do you have like a love seat sofa combination...:patrice: cause I got this sweet large leather seat I just sink in looking like the Maxwell man...:heh: laid back controller in hand...:bryan:

Killer Instinct

To live in hearts we leave behind is to never die.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO
The "V" design is great for ventilation and seems too deliberate to be a one off (it is the Playstation '5'/'V' after all) but guys have to take a deep breath. :heh: The shape may be similar to the finished product but you can be almost certain that there will be some big differences between the dev kit and the retail model. For reference, the PS4 dev kit was an albatross while the actual retail model was incredibly sleek & modern.

ps4-pro-neo-devkit-testkit-ofw-3-70-pictures-and-screenshots-jpg.1681

Sony knows what they're doing. Relax. :whoa: