A Blown Knee & Flat Tires-Another NY Pothole Year: 17-18 Knicks Season Thread

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
Now who else wanna fukk with Hollywood Court?
Don't you have a Joel Embiid fan club to run or something, scram :camby:

This shyt is so corny, nikka, you hate the Knicks cause of how they traded Melo and have him in your avi :wtf:

The cognitive dissonance to say somebody else should start a fan club is just :mindblown:

I'm trying to give you a pass, cause the non sport related shyt you've said on this site is pathetic breh.

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ

Thank God for statistics brehs who work the numbers to debunk narratives.

Considering we can expect a plethora of "The knicks fukked up their tank!!!! They aren't doing it right!!!" type of posts from now until a week after the actual draft...

Please refer to this actual post before declaring the knicks failed at a rebuild season after KP went down.

Unless you have the audacity to claim you'd somehow convince Kristaps Porzingis to throw games or fake injuries, there is nothing we could have done differently throughout the time KP was playing lights out.

The Knicks were not good this year and our draft position will reflect that. It was clear that the consensus in this thread was that what people were seeing with their own eyes was a failure to tank, I'm interested in who may change their tune to say "I knew all along they were tanking!"

The Knicks were probably the only team that didn't try to intentionally throw games w/ subs. I am happy about that, I'm happy that I was able to root for my team's development year, and I'm happy our draft position was about our genuine overall team capabilities as opposed to throwing games that fans pay to see effort in. :yeshrug:

Hopefully the basketball gods reward us for ONCE.

Mr. Jack Napier

#MambaForever
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Empire State
This shyt is so corny, nikka, you hate the Knicks cause of how they traded Melo and have him in your avi :wtf:

The cognitive dissonance to say somebody else should start a fan club is just :mindblown:

I'm trying to give you a pass, cause the non sport related shyt you've said on this site is pathetic breh.

I'm not continuing to explain my reasons for not fukking with the Knicks, its well documented.

If your talking about the shyt I said about women not checking for me in the random thoughts, idgaf. Its in the thread for everyone to see :yeshrug:

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
If we can't get Bridges at 8/9, how would you feel about trading down for 12 & 13?

idk, I honestly don't know. I legit think he could be there at 8 or 9 due to limited upside because of his age. Cav's need a PG, Orlando needs a PG, its really the Bulls who need a SF and Miles Bridges fits what they are doing more with a heavy transition offense more....... Also who knows Wendle Clark might be nice as all Hell, Some unknown might jump up the board. I don't even think the experts have a good feel on who teams are zeroing on outside of the top 2.

Where u hear that at? I just saw an article on Bleacher Report where it sounded like he was copping pleas to keep the job, saying they're close to contending and that they had a lot of injuries, etc.

:dwillhuh: He is outright perpetrating a fraud saying they are close to contenders. :comeon: No one believes Jeff and he is just embarrassing himself if this is true

Last edited:

Wargames

Daps
Reppin
New York City

Thank God for statistics brehs who work the numbers to debunk narratives.

Considering we can expect a plethora of "The knicks fukked up their tank!!!! They aren't doing it right!!!" type of posts from now until a week after the actual draft...

Please refer to this actual post before declaring the knicks failed at a rebuild season after KP went down.

Unless you have the audacity to claim you'd somehow convince Kristaps Porzingis to throw games or fake injuries, there is nothing we could have done differently throughout the time KP was playing lights out.

The Knicks were not good this year and our draft position will reflect that. It was clear that the consensus in this thread was that what people were seeing with their own eyes was a failure to tank, I'm interested in who may change their tune to say "I knew all along they were tanking!"

The Knicks were probably the only team that didn't try to intentionally throw games w/ subs. I am happy about that, I'm happy that I was able to root for my team's development year, and I'm happy our draft position was about our genuine overall team capabilities as opposed to throwing games that fans pay to see effort in. :yeshrug:

Breh there are lies, dirty lies, damn dirty lies, and statistics.

They had to lose a couple games down the stretch to get to 7 and have a superior list of talent to choose from. Chicago just was more clutch at the end and has the same positional need we do. The two closest teams to us in the draft are the most likely to take a SF and we got to hope for a coin Flip for them to not both be in front of us.

Smart teams intentionally throw those last few games with Subs, cause its just Pride before the fall on the Draft Board. Also that jackass Jeff was horrible all season when it came to giving the youth burn. However, in a game they should lose now..... NOW..... now is the time to let the youth go out there and win it.

Also the knicks have a steady stream of tourist on vacation catching those live. They coming regardless.

I'll compromise though if the knicks fire Jeff quick I'll amend my complaint and just say Jeff was a dumb piece of shyt. If they have him on the roster by Draft night I'm gonna continue to call them a bunch of stupid a$$holes as a team, organization, and crew. Since better to begin the search as soon as possible and have an option of every coach on the market.

Wargames

Daps
Reppin
New York City
Saw this on RealGM and felt it basically summarizes our whole season.

"Issue with Jeff is the FO didn't trust him and left him with a challenge to "prove himself." Can't really prove himself when he's given junk...it's like fake hustle, like the three point heaves right after the buzzer sounds at the end of the quarter. It didn't really stop Jeff from trying, though, and even though I get really mad at that, it's the FO's fault when Jeff plays THJ 30 minutes a game still, or when Courtney Lee is playing 20ish minutes a game or Kanter records a double double against some scrubs. Some won't be here next season. Others are flawed and getting paid big bucks, and we know what they are. We can't really blame Jeff for following the instructions or trying to fulfill the challenge they left him.

If they had just said, "KP is down. Tank," our position for the future would look very different. Now, I will say that the Knicks lost their fair share of games and they did lose a lot, but we all know basketball is a game of inches. We all appreciate hustle from players, the guys who dive to the floor or push themselves for a defensive stop. If you look at every game thread, it's full of people overreacting to one play or the next in a 48 minute game. In the same way, we lost that game of inches in tanking. That extra bit of losing, of not investing in older losing players who are here short-term...that could have mattered. That absolutely does matter. Those 1 or 2 extra wins that we got...that's led us to talk about Mikal and Sexton and Trae, instead of Bamba or JJJ or MPJ. As for people who talk about "culture" and how we need to try winning games, I feel like we've won more and tried more against some of these tanking teams, but some absolutely have a better culture than us: Mavs and Hawks come to mind. It's not the winning games that leads to a winning culture, but it comes from the leadership that sets a tone, that can get a team onboard and rowing in the same direction.

Conversely, the coaches with job security and a strong connection to the FO tanked the hell out of this season. Carlisle, that random overrated Bulls coach, Budenholzer, etc. Those guys altered rotations to tank, because they had trust in their job security and alignment with the FO. Mark Cuban even admitted to the tank, while Robin Lopez admitted that he understood what the Bulls were doing and wanted to sit out. Everybody in those organizations knew the goal, and they were committed to it. They trusted the process.

We were not aligned this season, and although I disagree with the Knicks' plan so far, it's better to be aligned than to have such a disconnect between the FO and coaching. So yea, fire Jeff, who was given an unwinnable task and screwed up our future a little trying to fulfill it, and then hire the coach these guys want. And then hopefully we can judge the guys on top for their work, instead of always blaming the coach."

The same passive aggressive fukkery you can expect from any Dolan led team. Mills ain't shyt brehs

Kitsch

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
London
Any prospects you guys like for 2019? (apart from the obvious ones) I thought Rui Hachimura would declare this year but he's going back to college. I wouldn't take him in the lottery but he's an intriguing prospect.

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
I don't know what to say now.

These nikkas lose more games that any other team except the Suns after KP goes down and somehow there is something to be mad at.

:hubie:

Dotson goes for 30 and the flip side is "well, we should have still found a way to lose...because inches in tanking."

Y'all got it, I just don't have what y'all have to ever understand this tanking science shyt.

:yeshrug:

Miles Davis

Prince of Darkness
Daps
Reppin
Bebop
Saw this on RealGM and felt it basically summarizes our whole season.

The same passive aggressive fukkery you can expect from any Dolan led team. Mills ain't shyt brehs
Mills always seemed like he ain’t know what he was doing, plus he looks like a yes man.

I agree with the article the winning culture could’ve came once we got a good pick this year, we would’ve had 3 top 10 picks on the roster and ready to start going for wins and experience and maybe KP wouldn’t be injured. But now KP is down, our desired pick may be just out of range and we should be tanking one last time.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah, after reading that post @Wargames quoted i thought about the situation some and it is kind of unfair to Jeff. Cant really blame him for not playing the younger guys when your job is on the line. It speaks to lack of commitment the f.o. has towards any one direction really, Mills has to be the one who gives the go ahead for Jeff to focus on player development.

Outside of player rotations, Jeff isnt a terrible coach imo, just an average one relatively speaking. I didnt like the number of long twos the offense generated, but everyone moved the ball well and seemed to buy into his system.I can see him getting another shot at coaching at some point, so i dont feel too bad for him. If Rambis can get multiple shots at coaching, so can Jeff.

Last edited:

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
Yeah, after reading that post @Wargames posted i thought about the situation some and it is kind of unfair to Jeff. Cant really blame him for not playing the younger guys when your job is on the line. It speaks to lack of commitment the f.o. has towards any one direction really, Mills has to be the one who gives the go ahead for Jeff to focus on player development.

Outside of player rotations, Jeff isnt a terrible coach imo, just an average one relatively speaking. I didnt like the number of long twos the offense generated, but everyone moved the ball well and seemed to buy into his system.I can see him getting another shot at coaching at some point, so i dont feel too bad for him. If Rambis can get multiple shots at coaching, so can Jeff.
And also, there is this...