A Black Reboot of The Wonder Years (1960's Alabama) - ABC (Produced By Fred Savage & Lee Daniels)

Conscious Pilot

Do Better.
Daps
Reppin
Beaches and Palm Trees
Show is dope.. The Mom is beautiful and a great actress, Dule Hill becoming a real underrated guy who shines in everything he’s in and the son is really killing this shyt the past 2 episodes…

It’s just nice to see a show of African American Representation without guns, violence, drugs.. not really about Sex up until this episode :lolbron:

Edub

Veteran
Daps
This might be ok …:patrice:….. I appreciate the melanin

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
Yeah...I'm probably not gonna stick with it. I liked the last episode, but it's not must see TV for me, it's too light. I see more of the Goldberg's in it, and some of Everybody Hates Chris, but very little of the OG. The was the My Father's Office episode, and while I understand the why, I feel they shouldn't have focused on the mom. They needed to focus on the black man in the household.

For those enjoying, I hope y'all continue to do so.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Yeah...I'm probably not gonna stick with it. I liked the last episode, but it's not must see TV for me, it's too light. I see more of the Goldberg's in it, and some of Everybody Hates Chris, but very little of the OG. The was the My Father's Office episode, and while I understand the why, I feel they shouldn't have focused on the mom. They needed to focus on the black man in the household.

For those enjoying, I hope y'all continue to do so.

The Dad got his focus in episode 2. This was the mother’s turn

Conscious Pilot

Do Better.
Daps
Reppin
Beaches and Palm Trees
Great throwback episode with the Dad singing the intro( had to play that bit back a few times).. and going to his Parents job..That episode there in the OG when Kevin goes to his Dads job is one of the early ones that got me hooked on the show.

The mom’s such a convincing actress, hopefully she gets roles going forward.

RawDogBandit

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Memphis/ATL
One thing I never thought I’d appreciate(use to think it was corny when people brought it up)

The whole family is dark skin. Mom, Pops, Sister and Son.

I had my doubts but I’m enjoying the show overall. The son is corny, but what 12 y/o kid isn’t in some aspect and it adds to the show overall