A Black Reboot of The Wonder Years (1960's Alabama) - ABC (Produced By Fred Savage & Lee Daniels)

PoorAndDangerous

Superstar
Daps
Lee Daniels :dame:yeah this ain't taking place in Harlem

Sick of these gay shows in blackface :scusthov:

And Fred Savage is an a$$hole I know someone who worked with him

He prob racist like his little brother
I’ve heard multiple people in the industry say they loved working with/being directed by Fred. The trailer for this show looked dope.

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
It was okay. It definitely didn't hit as hard as the pilot of the OG, but so far, it has it's own tone. Whether or not that's good for the series, I shall see.

One of the things I see the show going wrong with is that these shows are always about the kids, and how everything relates to him/them. They may have to dial Dule's part back some. Also, we already don't like the best friend or the girl.

Another thing I see may be a problem is the disconnect in the young actors. They're too far removed from that era to truly understand, and convey it on screen, so that may take some time. The OG was only one generation removed from that era so there was a direct connection from that era to the time it premiered in. We're now 2 generations from that, so these kids aren't hitting the same with everything that has transpired since.