A $700 playstation with no disc drive. :wow:

Daps
50 pages. :wow:

Thread is certified classic. It will be used as a reference point in the years to come.

Everything you said in here can and will be used against you. :sas2:

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
I’m assuming scalpers and customers are. Mines is arriving tomorrow because I’m getting this day one is possible. And even if scalpers are buying them up, it still means one thing. They know people are going to be trading in their disk version PS5s.
Not always as scalpers buy shyt all the time that ends up flopping and then them having to sell it as a loss.

It used to happen in the shoe game all the time until they steered clear of certain releases altogether.

ColdSlither

Extensive Enterprises
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elizabeth, NJ by way of East Orange
Not always as scalpers buy shyt all the time that ends up flopping and then them having to sell it as a loss.

It used to happen in the shoe game all the time until they steered clear of certain releases altogether.
We’ll see. People have been selling doom and gloom for Sony since the start of this generation. It hasn’t happened. People laughed at the Portal which stays sold out. Everyone said it has no use. Once the reviews start coming out, and people see what this thing can do, no one is going to give a rat’s ass about that price.

Bubba T

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I asked ChatGPT about the PS5 Pro:

The PlayStation 5 Pro is here to make you question every life decision that led you to consider spending $700 on a slightly beefed-up version of a console that you probably already waited months in a restock queue for. And just when you thought you'd get everything for that premium price, Sony hits you with the brilliant idea: no disc drive. That’s right—$700, and you still can’t play your physical games. It's basically a glorified streaming box with a GPU that barely justifies its existence.

Oh, and did you want to stand it up vertically like in all those sexy promotional shots? Well, brace yourself, because the stand is sold separately. Who needs a functional design when you can just pay more for one? It's like buying a Ferrari and being told, “Actually, the tires are extra.”

Sony's marketing team must have gotten lazy and just slapped "Pro" on the box hoping you'd fall for it. The upgrade promises "marginally better performance"—translation: the same 4K experience, but now you can almost convince yourself that those extra frames per second were worth selling your soul.

For $700, you’d think the console would at least come with a cup holder or a mini-fridge for those 5-hour gaming sessions, but nope! Instead, you're stuck explaining to your friends why you needed to drop the price of a gaming PC on what’s essentially a slightly louder PS5 with shinier pixels.

In summary: for $700, you’re getting a PlayStation 5 with extra sprinkles, except one sprinkle is missing a disc drive, and the other is the privilege of paying for a stand. Bravo, Sony.

Then I asked about Xbox:

Meanwhile, Xbox is sitting back, watching Sony fumble this whole $700 PS5 Pro thing like it’s free entertainment. Microsoft’s probably thinking, "Let’s just keep doing what we’re doing while Sony charges their fans extra for the same thing—without a stand."

Instead of trying to sell a new “Pro” console for the price of a used car down payment, Xbox is focused on growing Game Pass like it’s the holy grail of gaming subscriptions. For less than the cost of a new controller, you get a massive library of games, cloud gaming, day-one access to exclusives, and more. It’s like Xbox saw Sony charging for a vertical stand and went, “Yeah, how about hundreds of games for ten bucks a month instead?”

Even the Xbox Series X is still going strong, with no need for a flashy new “Pro” version. They’re like, “Why break what’s already working?” Microsoft knows that performance isn’t everything—it’s the ecosystem, the value, and the flexibility that matter. You can play on your console, your PC, your phone… hell, if you had a smart fridge, Xbox would probably let you Game Pass on that too.

And while Sony is trying to sell you a no-disc console for $700, Xbox is going the other direction with physical game preservation. They haven’t abandoned discs entirely, because guess what? People still like owning things. Novel idea, right?

In short, Xbox is playing the long game, while Sony’s out here nickel-and-diming fans over stands and disc drives. Microsoft is happy to let Game Pass do the talking while watching Sony charge premium prices for a slightly shinier version of the same product.

Then Nintendo:

Nintendo is off in its own world, doing Nintendo things like it always does—because let’s face it, they could sell you a cardboard box with a Mario sticker on it, and you'd probably still buy it. While Sony and Microsoft are busy with the graphics arms race and debating whether or not to include a disc drive, Nintendo's like, "Here's a portable console with 720p resolution in 2024, and we’re not even going to apologize for it."

The Switch is still chugging along, aging like a fine wine (or more like a milk carton at this point), but nobody cares because Tears of the Kingdom and Mario Kart 8 are still printing money for them. Nintendo’s strategy is basically, “Why release a 'Pro' console when we can just repackage the same hardware with a slightly bigger screen and call it the Switch OLED?”

While the PS5 Pro and Xbox Series X are competing over teraflops and 4K at 60 FPS, Nintendo is reminding everyone that gameplay matters more than specs. They’re too busy getting people hooked on colorful platformers, remakes of 25-year-old games, and party games that have you physically jumping around your living room. Meanwhile, your PS5 Pro sits there, shiny but useless, because you spent all your money on a vertical stand instead of a fun game.

Nintendo’s approach is basically the gaming equivalent of offering comfort food while everyone else is fighting over gourmet meals. You want 4K ray tracing? Cool, but Nintendo knows you’re still going to drop another $60 on the next Mario Party that looks almost identical to the last one.

In the end, Nintendo doesn’t need a $700 “Pro” console. Their fans would buy the same Switch for the third time just because it’s neon pink or comes with a limited-edition Pikachu faceplate.

Then PC:

PC gaming is sitting on the sidelines of this console drama, sipping a $5 coffee brewed on its liquid-cooled custom-built rig, laughing at everyone else. While PlayStation and Xbox duke it out over vertical stands and overpriced “Pro” models, PC gamers are over here flexing their 144Hz, ultra-wide monitors and RTX 4090s like, “Oh, you’re excited about 60 FPS in 4K? That’s cute.”

PC gamers don’t care about your $700 PlayStation 5 Pro—because they’ve already spent double that on their graphics card alone. And no, it doesn’t come with a stand because they’ve got their entire rig mounted to the wall, surrounded by RGB lighting that’s brighter than a Christmas tree on steroids. They’re not just playing games; they’re turning their rooms into mini gaming sanctuaries where loading times are a distant memory.

Plus, while console gamers are busy worrying about disc drives, PC gamers have already abandoned physical media like it’s some ancient relic. They’re living the Steam life, where sales are legendary and games are so cheap that your library balloons into a catalog of shame—filled with games you’ll never play but bought because they were 90% off.

And let’s not forget mods—while PlayStation is asking you to pay extra for DLC, PC gamers are downloading fan-made expansions for free. Who needs a PlayStation 5 Pro when your PC can turn Skyrim into an entirely different game that’s somehow even more beautiful and still running smoother than anything on consoles?

Sure, console players might laugh at the upfront cost of a high-end gaming PC, but once they realize they're paying $700 for slightly better console graphics and still getting charged for online play, it starts to feel like they’re the ones getting scammed. PC gamers? They’re chilling with free multiplayer, customizable everything, and a smug sense of superiority that comes from knowing they can upgrade their rig whenever they feel like it.

PC gaming’s response to the PlayStation 5 Pro is basically: Welcome to the future, console peasants. We’ve been here for a while.

ChatGPT sounding like this discourse in here :russ:

Last edited:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
93a8li.jpg
This is a bad faith argument because the typical PC gamer doesn't own a flagship level graphics card. It's also a bad faith argument because a PC has more utility and use potential than a game console and it can be scaled/modified at your own pace.

I don't even think the issue is even fully that it's a $700 console. It's a $700 console with a CPU from 2020 released 4 years into the platform's life. If you bought a PS5 Digital in 2020 and the platform last 8 years your average cost per year is $50. If you buy a PS5 Pro and the PS5 last another 4 years your average cost per year is $175.

There are corporate fans that will defend anything a company does but they hit a price point that has people asking valid questions like "if I'm going to spend this much are there better options?"

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This is a bad faith argument because the typical PC gamer doesn't own a flagship level graphics card. It's also a bad faith argument because a PC has more utility and use potential than a game console and it can be scaled/modified at your own pace.
Is a console a PC? A person who wants a console isn't getting it with the idea that it has less utility than a PC. It's like arguing that a $10,000 Sedan is not worth it because you can get a pickup truck for a bit more and it has more "utility". Everything said here could've applied 4 years ago where people furiously tried building a $500 PC to match the PS5 and Series X missing the entire point of why someone even wants a PC.

Not to mention, most PC players are tired of the common issue plaguing PC ports of games.
the-last-of-us-pc-naughty-dog-update-550x309.jpg

Too many PC fanboys online will love to downplay this fact that there's been WAY more issues with PC ports for lots of games vs their console ports. For every rare "Cyberpunk 2077" on console, there's like 10 games on PC that are way worse literally rendering games unplayable. Games literally not working, crashing at launch, technical issues like certain options not being available, horrible stutters.

I couldn't play Elden Ring a while back because of some stupid issue. I fixed it but not everyone wants to turn into a squeaky voice tech cac to play a damn game. I bought a game with my cousin through Steam(Elden Ring) and to this day he never was able to play it as the game for some reason kept playing below 20fps stuttering like hell despite his PC being capable enough to play it. After a few hours of trying several things he just gave up.

I've lost hours of progress from my Jet Set Radio install randomly. Booted up the game and my save was gone with fixes saying to do a hex edit on some file possibly. I don't count emulator issues, this a native PC port. These things are annoying enough to push someone towards gaming on a console at times.

I don't even think the issue is even fully that it's a $700 console. It's a $700 console with a CPU from 2020 released 4 years into the platform's life. If you bought a PS5 Digital in 2020 and the platform last 8 years your average cost per year is $50. If you buy a PS5 Pro and the PS5 last another 4 years your average cost per year is $175.
This "it's a CPU from 4 years ago" argument is pointless. Most games aren't CPU limited this generation. Almost every game has 60fps mode with some even higher(COD and other racers.) It's not like the PS4/XB1 gen where the CPU's were crappy literally at launch.

The fact that games have performance modes that target higher framerates at the expense of lower resolutions/fidelity proves that. Anyone saying this generation is CPU limited is a moron just espousing random fanboy rhetoric they're seeing online.

There are corporate fans that will defend anything a company does but they hit a price point that has people asking valid questions like "if I'm going to spend this much are there better options?"
The "better options" aren't a 1:1 comparison. That's why this "build a PC for double the price!" arguments are stupid. A person who wants a high end gaming PC would probably already have one and this doesn't apply to them. Why are you guys acting stupid about this? I have a high end gaming PC, I still want a Pro for different reasons which I've outlined several times already. People don't need to write a thesis to explain that. Those "you can get a better deal" arguments would be better suited to someone debating on getting a gaming laptop or desktop.

The average console player ain't got time to be doing this:
Your system crashes to a BSOD when it freezes playing games??

If it does,make sure windows is configured to dump a log of the BSOD when that happens. You can analyze the dump file with a program called Bluescreenview.

I literally had to this just to play Wukong at 4K on my PC. Lol come on . I'm tired of explaining this.

Last edited:

JP_614

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Aloha State
Man I ain’t gonna lie to you. I brought my god son Astro bot the disk version. Amazoned it to him. Forgot his father brought him the digital version :snoop:

This shyt really 15 pages though :dahell:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Is a console a PC? A person who wants a console isn't getting it with the idea that it has less utility than a PC. It's like arguing that a $10,000 Sedan is not worth it because you can get a pickup truck for a bit more and it has more "utility". Everything said here could've applied 4 years ago where people furiously tried building a $500 PC to match the PS5 and Series X missing the entire point of why someone even wants a PC.

This "it's a CPU from 4 years ago" argument is pointless. Most games aren't CPU limited this generation. Almost every game has 60fps mode with some even higher(COD and other racers.) It's not like the PS4/XB1 gen where the CPU's were crappy literally at launch.

The fact that games have performance modes that target higher framerates at the expense of lower resolutions/fidelity proves that. Anyone saying this generation is CPU limited is a moron just espousing random fanboy rhetoric they're seeing online.

The "better options" aren't a 1:1 comparison. That's why this "build a PC for double the price!" arguments are stupid. A person who wants a high end gaming PC would probably already have one and this doesn't apply to them. Why are you guys acting stupid about this? I have a high end gaming PC, I still want a Pro for different reasons which I've outlined several times already. People don't need to write a thesis to explain that. Those "you can get a better deal" would be better suited to someone debating on getting a gaming laptop or desktop.

:salute:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Man I ain’t gonna lie to you. I brought my god son Astro bot the disk version. Amazoned it to him. Forgot his father brought him the digital version :snoop:

This shyt really 15 pages though :dahell:
people mad because others see value in the pro. shyt is goofy as hell.