A 6'6 220 pound african's manifesto on working out

Houston911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
i have half mandingo genes :pacspit: if you saw my cousins on my black side its the same thing(i wish i had their height :to: )

my cousins are all 6'2"+ and cut with zero effort(my one cousin played for Troy state in the late 90s) but even then, just cause you can get away with less doesnt mean you shouldn't push yourself further, thats how you maximize those genetics

i cant believe you actually agreeing with this complacency :scusthov: we trying to ensure zilla can compete at D1, cause if he does get that transfer to SMU them nikkas gonna be more swole than any canadian team im sorry

im not agreeing with complacency. you're not familiar with basketball so you're not gonna get it. basketball training programs have different goals. go look at videos of basketball players working out. theyre benching 165, theyre doing shoulder db press with 45 pounds, theyre squatting 135, curling 45 pound barbells

basketball players do not go hard in the weight room

you have competitive high school basketball programs who don't even lift weights

i know dudes in the nba, i was cool with dudes who played at d1 schools. they don't go hard. theyre about flexibility and "functional strength"

somebody with lebrons genetics would look like vernon davis if they went hard with weights.

you keep calling lebron yoked with no chest or lats :wtf:

MMS

Intensity Integrity Intelligence
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
im not agreeing with complacency. you're not familiar with basketball so you're not gonna get it. basketball training programs have different goals. go look at videos of basketball players working out. theyre benching 165, theyre doing shoulder db press with 45 pounds, theyre squatting 135, curling 45 pound barbells

basketball players do not go hard in the weight room

you have competitive high school basketball programs who don't even lift weights

i know dudes in the nba, i was cool with dudes who played at d1 schools. they don't go hard. theyre about flexibility and "functional strength"

somebody with lebrons genetics would look like vernon davis if they went hard with weights.
i completely agree with all of this

but zilla was saying he dont even do that :manny: thats why im saying zilla shouldnt completely abandon the weights(especially in the offseason when he has time to build)

@ zilla i would go ahead and grab a glucosamine/chondroitin supp :ehh:

606onit

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Passport Abuse
damn this is a great thread.
Im not even gonna fukk w/ weights when I come back from VACAY....just that NBA Flexibility sh1t + functional strength. :win:

MalickSyXShabbaz

FREEALLTHEDOVESANDBANANAS
Daps
just foam rolled and stretched for 30 minutes..today was my off day so I had took a 2.5 hour walk...legs feeling nice.back at it tomorrow

RtXQC.gif

I believe in shea butter. helps you recover faster kuz it lubricates the fukk out of your joints making it easier to carry those tired legs after you attack them.

semtex

:)
Daps
Bodyweight squats are a mothafukka though :noah: try and do 200 in 5mins.

606onit

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Passport Abuse
just foam rolled and stretched for 30 minutes..today was my off day so I had took a 2.5 hour walk...legs feeling nice.back at it tomorrow

RtXQC.gif

I believe in shea butter. helps you recover faster kuz it lubricates the fukk out of your joints making it easier to carry those tired legs after you attack them.

what do u do w/ the shea butter blood? :leon:

MalickSyXShabbaz

Daps
what do u do w/ the shea butter blood? :leon:

I rub it on my knees and ankles... the flexibility in my knee is :wow5: ... I have the flexibility of a 5'7 nikka with good knees after

one of my goals is to be able to pull my leg back till my foot can touch my butt...Im at the point where I can grab my foot with two hands with balance and then pull it past 45 but that last bit has me :to:

Spliff

Godzilla got busy.
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
I ain't realize this was zilla.

Readin this thread I see where he coming from. Dude big in stature already. If he diesed up like the majority of use trynna do he gonna look like a side-show attraction in short time. Proportion is key and he's found what works for him.

I ain't mad atcha :obama:

MalickSyXShabbaz

Daps
I ain't realize this was zilla.

Readin this thread I see where he coming from. Dude big in stature already. If he diesed up like the majority of use trynna do he gonna look like a side-show attraction in short time. Proportion is key and he's found what works for him.

I ain't mad atcha :obama:
:dap5:
:beli:

Im exhausted b.
Woke up too kthe 30 minute walk to the gym. 30 min on the bike followed by 20 min of stretching followed by 7 sets of (10 pushups, 10 situps, 30 second planks, 30 second wall squats, 100 calf raises, 30 shoulder raises, 30 leg presses, 70 ankle presses, 25 abductor reps) then another 20 minutes on the bike and a 15 min stretch session then the 30 minute walk back home and now
Im waiting for this pasta to cook. My legs feel :win: and :flabbynsick:at the same time.

Have to go watch practice today (cant participate pending surgery) so Ima grab some jerk chicken and rice peas while Im there :hbk:

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers
lebron-james-body-shirtless-abs.jpg

when you consider how tall he is and how big his frame is, to put on that much muscle and maintain athleticism is :wow: lebron is a freak

if he was diesed(or had the same make up as cam) hed be 270-275 with zero fat

how the fukk is this nikka 270 with that bird chest? is that all calethstenics?

now that i think about it a lot of bball players have small torsos/chest but big cut up shoulders to make them look bigger.

MalickSyXShabbaz

Daps

now that i think about it a lot of bball players have small torsos/chest but big cut up shoulders to make them look bigger.

Mans shoulders be wide as hell that's why.. all that running doesnt let you accumulate that much muscle on your chest...

When I do pushups all that happens is my chest gets flatter but my shoulders be like :wow:

MMS

Intensity Integrity Intelligence
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL

people naturally arent supposed to have massive chest

genetically humans have more developed back, legs, and shoulders than chest(mainly because of other primate relatives that climbed trees, our legs/glutes are more developed because of bipedal movement) but chest wise most folks aint naturally gonna look like Ravishing Rick Rude

TYBG

Ditty Dum Ditty Doo
Supporter
Daps
Nate-Robinson-29-1.jpg

no homo

edit:He did have a background in football though...

MalickSyXShabbaz

Daps
Nate-Robinson-29-1.jpg

no homo

edit:He did have a background in football though...

he's 5'7... he can't survive in the NBA without being that bulky and diesed. Why do you think most guards under 6'1 are some stocky ass jameer nelson ass nikkaz.