A 2Pac and DMX rivalry would have been the wildest rap beef of all time.

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Superstar
Daps
Just imagine if Pac lived long enough to see the rise of DMX (DMX originally dissed him in Get At Me Dog). Both were pretty similar in terms of rap style and having wild and unpredictable personalities.

shyt would have been the craziest beef of all time. :wow:
Stone Cold Steve Austin vs Goldberg

edit: come to the bushes to join the spin-off discussion

Last edited:

Complexion

ʇdᴉɹɔsǝɥʇdᴉlɟ
Daps
giphy.gif

Would've been like a real life Tom and Jerry beef.

blue+cat+blues+3.gif

After a drink or three and a diss or two it would've been on sight:

a3ef1335f1772145d648122d250f18aa.gif

At the end they'd probably be like this tho because both were highly strung and neither would give in:

tumblr_m67nxrRK1Q1qbmj6no1_500.gif

Plus they were maturing. Then we'd have a joint album:

tom-and-jerry-china.gif

Because it was just rap beef and this is a contact sport. Hip hop police would've been like:

e1c69ebb1bcc9e8b319e584abe4b61a9.gif

Cos the last thing they want is unity. Then they'd start beefing again:

d42f5e9536d25ce579fc026be3c8355a.gif

With a little help from their "friends:"

giphy.gif

Till one or both were dead...

As both repped a lot of the same things and made you feel their pain.

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
Pac would've buried X. All he'd have to do is accuse him of stealing his style, which is true
They literally rap NOTHING alike. Only thing similar is their passion as far as rap style

But their rhyme styles, their delivery, subject matter, flow, cadences, are drastically different.

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Just imagine if Pac lived long enough to see the rise of DMX (DMX originally dissed him in Get At Me Dog). Both were pretty similar in terms of rap style and having wild and unpredictable personalities.

shyt would have been the craziest beef of all time. :wow:
I don't see their rap styles as similar at all

DMX was battle raps, street crime stories, spirituality, violence and horrorcore, and personal demons he's dealing with
Pac was about social, political issues, uplifting of black community, street tales of young black males in America, and his legal battles, and diss songs

They were bald headed and wore bandanas. So I get that connection. But as far as rapping, outside of being passionate about what they rapped about, I don't see similarities in their actual style. X was a cross between Scarface and Onyx.

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DMX met 2pac after he dissed him on some underground mixtape (using the get at me dog verse) and was friendly to him

That's some phony shyt, with all due respect to the dead
He met Pac before he dissed him (He said in 1996 but it was 1994, when they brought him to LA to get signed to Death Row). But he had no reason to diss Pac in the first place, it wasn't real beef. When he dissed Pac in 1996, he was repping for the East/clout chasing trying to get on. I'm sure he wanted to egg Pac on for a battle if he could. So I guess you can call it phony, but I see it as a hungry MC trying to do what he could to gain traction.

Juggalo Fred

Juggalo and horrorcore enthusiast
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Juggalo island
He had no reason to diss Pac in the first place, it wasn't real beef to not be friendly when he saw him. He was reppin for the East Coast/clout chasing trying to get on in 1996. I'm sure he wanted to egg Pac on for a battle if he could. So I guess you can call it phony, but I see it as a hungry MC trying to do what he could to gain traction.

If I make a record saying "so and so can suck my dikk" it would feel awkward meeting them months later even though I know they prpbably never heard the song :yeshrug:

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
If I make a record saying "so and so can suck my dikk" it would feel awkward meeting them months later even though I know they prpbably never heard the song :yeshrug:
I updated my post above, because he met Pac before he even dissed him. He met Pac in 1994 not 1996. He said 1996 on Drink Champs but he had his timeline wrong. It was in 1994 when they were trying to get signed by Death Row. DJ Superior talked about when they met. He dissed Pac 2 years later.

Juggalo Fred

Juggalo and horrorcore enthusiast
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Juggalo island
I updated my post above, because he met Pac before he even dissed him. He met Pac in 1994 not 1996. He said 1996 on Drink Champs but he had his timeline wrong. It was in 1994 when they were trying to get signed by Death Row. DJ Superior talked about when they met. He dissed Pac 2 years later.

He also met Pac and Suge in 96 with Irv, Irv posted a photo

Manolo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
They literally rap NOTHING alike. Only thing similar is their passion as far as rap style

But their rhyme styles, their delivery, subject matter, flow, cadences, are drastically different.
As a big fan of both I think there’s a lot of similarities between X and Pac

Aggressive, bald, tatted up, stayed with his shirt off, rocked bandanas and leather vests, yelled on songs and dissed nikkas in a brazen way similar to Pac

X rapped a lot about death, the devil, the struggle, etc like Pac and he would write story/metaphor joints like Damien and The Convo like Pac

Not to mention Dee & Wah have that flick with Pac in 96

Also if you listen to X pre-RR demo shyt, you can see that they took a page out of Pac’s book to rebrand him. I think it just worked because of who X naturally is, so it didn’t feel fake like Ja