A 13-year-old girl with a severe dairy allergy died after taking a sip of hot chocolate.

Cheese McNair

Bought it this morning, drive it like I stole it
Daps

YEA MY SON HAS A PEANUT ALLERGY
I WAS THE SAME WAY ABOUT
shyt COOKED IN PEANUT OIL...

SNAPPED ON MY POPS ONCE
FOR LEAVING HIS PLATE OF
TURKEY FRIED IN PEANUT OIL
AROUND HIM BECAUSE HE GRABBED A PIECE

WE FOUND OUT LATER THE PROTEIN
IN PEANUTS THAT CAUSE THE ALLERGY
ARE REMOVED WHEN PEANUT OIL IS PROCESSED
:devil:
:evil:

Hope your son outgrows it. My son had a ton of allergies but he’s 8 now and now it’s just uncooked Dairy products. Like you said, if you cook the protein, then he’s good. Had to spaz on my FIL too :pachaha: that Generation does not understand or really believe in allergies

drifter

Superstar
Daps
Restaurant got it wrong. Restaurants get orders wrong all the time. Daily occurrence even at the best ones.
Family should have been prepared for that eventuality, instead of pretending like they live in a perfect world where nobody makes mistakes.
Comparing not asking for something that you’re allergic too, to ordering extra cheese on a burger is absurd. :mjlol: .

Only one of those may result in death. Come on.

I understand your point, but we live in the real world, and not some utopia where everything goes perfect.

Seems like there's disconnect and I'm willing to bet nobody that replied has actually worked or managed food before. I've done both so you'll have to pardon if I lean on experience over anything said lol

Orders get made wrong all the time. However, you don't get to say "ooops sorry" when it comes to allergies for exactly these kinds of outcomes. Before you even make a sale you have to have contingencies in place to serve people that are more compromised and that's where the margin for error goes out the windows and "oops sorry" doesn't float in those waters. Refuse to comply and it's discrimination. We're not talking with TLR Coli lawyers talk, we're dealing in the real world.

Yes, you can be sued for refusing to serve allergic customers or not accommodating because you're discriminating against things can't control. Just like you get sued if somebody dies, which we have here. There is no discussion about this lol

You understand the point you say but clearly you don't understand the connection. It's an accommodation, modifying your order and taking precaution to allergic patrons are all accommodations. There's nothing absurd about it, you're looking at it from the customer side. Any reputable place of business it's just another order, because of the precautions and contingencies I spoke about. Yes there is risk to eating out if you're allergic, if you are told about the allergy, which the business, the law doesn't care. I'm sorry if people don't like that

drifter

Superstar
Daps
Now making orders right and serving food to compromised customers and making sure they're alive to come back is "raised by women behavior" :dead:

Doughnut head nothing in the middle TLR nikkas :mjlol:

Hawaiian Punch

umop-apisdn
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The I in Team
shyt crazy man. Bet you that worker just put milk in there because he’s a fukking idiot. Can’t trust nothing around these new nikkas. Worthless as everything

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Seems like there's disconnect and I'm willing to bet nobody that replied has actually worked or managed food before. I've done both so you'll have to pardon if I lean on experience over anything said lol

Orders get made wrong all the time. However, you don't get to say "ooops sorry" when it comes to allergies for exactly these kinds of outcomes. Before you even make a sale you have to have contingencies in place to serve people that are more compromised and that's where the margin for error goes out the windows and "oops sorry" doesn't float in those waters. Refuse to comply and it's discrimination. We're not talking with TLR Coli lawyers talk, we're dealing in the real world.

Yes, you can be sued for refusing to serve allergic customers or not accommodating because you're discriminating against things can't control. Just like you get sued if somebody dies, which we have here. There is no discussion about this lol

You understand the point you say but clearly you don't understand the connection. It's an accommodation, modifying your order and taking precaution to allergic patrons are all accommodations. There's nothing absurd about it, you're looking at it from the customer side. Any reputable place of business it's just another order, because of the precautions and contingencies I spoke about. Yes there is risk to eating out if you're allergic, if you are told about the allergy, which the business, the law doesn't care. I'm sorry if people don't like that
I was once a professionally trained chef that worked as the head chef at a 4 diamond resort. before i got into accounting. I have a degree from Le Cordon Bleu
When i managed the restaurant i handled allergy requests personally and prepared their entire meal myself.
Our resort had an inventory of alternative ingredients we could use to satisfy pretty much any request. and i would use some of my own creativity to ensure they still had a upscale experience by modifying recipes to still taste good in cases where the request fundamentally changed the recipe in a way that might ruin the dish for them.
I also prepared meals for celebrities such as Mariah Carey(a regular) Dwayne the Rock Johnson (he brought his own food but his family ate). And a couple soap stars from day time tv that i forget the names of.
We never refused a request, but that still doesn't mean mistakes can never happen and precautions shouldn't be taken. And i imagine we were better equipped as a 4 diamond resort with trained chef's than some random coffee shop.

Last edited:

Doobie Doo

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh, NC
I was once a professionally trained chef that worked as the head chef at a 4 diamond resort. before i got into accounting.
When i managed the restaurant i handled allergy requests personally and prepared their entire meal myself.
Our resort had an inventory of alternative ingredients we could use to satisfy pretty much any request. and i would use some of my own creativity to ensure they still had a upscale experience by modifying recipes to still taste good in cases where the request fundamentally changed what was ordered in way that might ruin the dish for them.
I also prepared meal for celebrities such as Mariah Carey(a regular) Dwayne the Rock Johnson (he brought his own food but his family ate). And a couple soap stars from day time tv that i forget the names of.
We never refused a request, but that still doesn't mean mistakes can never happen and precautions shouldn't be taken.
:mjcry: He didn't smell what you were cooking?

Ghost Utmost

The Soul of the Internet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the Aether
This is sad as hell.

Like others have said, seems like you shouldn't trust the average retard behind a counter to do something SOHH critical.

broller

Veteran
Daps
Your daughter has a severe diary allergy and you're letting other people prepare your food or drinks. Ok.... Cool

Your daughter has a severe diary allergy but you don't have an epi pen on hand... Gotcha. Yup, Makes perfect sense

Yeah Mom fukked up big here. I definitely am not gonna get elective food like hot chocolate just for fun
And you don't even have an EpiPen?

Smh

Very sad for the little girl though

DJSmooth

Superstar
Daps
If your child is that sensitive to food, the mother should be preparing the food herself. Why would you put your daughters life in someone else hands like that?

broller

Veteran
Daps
This.

My homie has a peenut allergy and I remember one time that nikka was about to eat a Chic-Fil-A Sammich (they use peanut oil). I had just found out about him having the allergy so when he was about to bite the sandwich I slapped that shyt out of his hand.

He could do things cooked in peanut oil, but can't fukk with any kind of peanuts or nuts. Man, that nikka was furious. I hit the :yeshrug: in real time after he broke it down.

:pachaha:

YEA MY SON HAS A PEANUT ALLERGY
I WAS THE SAME WAY ABOUT
shyt COOKED IN PEANUT OIL...

SNAPPED ON MY POPS ONCE
FOR LEAVING HIS PLATE OF
TURKEY FRIED IN PEANUT OIL
AROUND HIM BECAUSE HE GRABBED A PIECE

WE FOUND OUT LATER THE PROTEIN
IN PEANUTS THAT CAUSE THE ALLERGY
ARE REMOVED WHEN PEANUT OIL IS PROCESSED

Better safe than sorry. I heard of a kid who died eating fried chicken because it was cooked in peanut oil. Apparently that peanut oil was not refined enough and the protein wasn't denatured.

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
I was once a professionally trained chef that worked as the head chef at a 4 diamond resort. before i got into accounting. I have a degree from Le Cordon Bleu
Our resort had an inventory of alternative ingredients we could use to satisfy pretty much any request. and i would use some of my own creativity to ensure they still had a upscale experience by modifying recipes to still taste good in cases where the request fundamentally changed the recipe in a way that might ruin the dish for them.
I also prepared meals for celebrities such as Mariah Carey(a regular) Dwayne the Rock Johnson (he brought his own food but his family ate). And a couple soap stars from day time tv that i forget the names of.
We never refused a request, but that still doesn't mean mistakes can never happen and precautions shouldn't be taken. And i imagine we were better equipped as a 4 diamond resort with trained chef's than some random coffee shop.
I worked in kitchens cooking and managing for 5 years before I became an electrician. He is missing the point we are making because he thinks like a broad. Don't put your life or your kids life in anyone else's hands. Also why the fukk didn't she have an epipen available. A lawsuit isn't gonna bring your dead kid back.

drifter

Superstar
Daps
Great resume you have but I'm confused why you're arguing mistakes can't happen, never argued they don't. The original quote talked about how unrealistic it is for people compromised to never eat out in their lives

Since you have that much experience in food you know how ridiculous that is. You should also know when a customer mentions allergy, getting that order right is more important than anything else ordered at same time because of the contingencies they aren't regular orders. I'm not seeing much argument here.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Great resume you have but I'm confused why you're arguing mistakes can't happen, never argued they don't. The original quote talked about how unrealistic it is for people compromised to never eat out in their lives

Since you have that much experience in food you know how ridiculous that is. You should also know when a customer mentions allergy, getting that order right is more important than anything else ordered at same time because of the contingencies they aren't regular orders. I'm not seeing much argument here.l.
I don't agree that never eating out ever is impossible but yes i can agree that it would be challenging. (worthy challenge imo if its life or death)

What i would assume at the very least though is that they are selective and well researched about the places they do eat at.
For example if i have a dairy allergy, maybe instead of a going to coffee place (a place with lots of dairy products on their menu) and ordering a hot chocolate (a beverage known for having dairy in it)

perhaps i would instead frequent more Asian restaurants (Cuisines known for their minimal use of dairy products)

a coffee house is essentially a milkshake shop for grownups. I don't know why a person with fatal diary allergies would frequent a place like that.

Last edited:

Max Power

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The right way, the wrong way and the Max Power way

WTF

THEY WERE SUPPOSED TO
HIT HER WITH THE EPI PEN
AS SOON AS SHE GOT TO THE CHEMIST.

WTF DID THEY WAIT UNTIL
SHE COLLAPSED?

According to the inquest, they offered her the pen at the dentist where she immediately had the reaction but the mother refused.

Dentist Iqra Farhad said that nurses offered Ms Duyile an EpiPen with 300mg of adrenaline, which the inquest has heard could have helped saved Hannah’s life.
Ms Duyile instead left to go to a chemist and get an antihistamine called Cetirizine.