A 13-year-old girl with a severe dairy allergy died after taking a sip of hot chocolate.

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
It’s like how can this be monitored reliably?like there has to be a test conducted where doctors are able to tell parents something to the effect of: “you must not allow her to eat xyz because if you do, then xxx will happen”.

The sad thing is most people at the hospital just trying to make a living. Yes. Even doctors. Cause honestly every time u visit your doctor they really should be testing you for everything. Scanning you, looking for anomalies. But of course. That would be too expensive. Or intrusive, unsafe they say. So they check your weight. Breathing. Basic sh1t. And then send you back out there.

I really think there’s room for improvement here.

YES THEY DO HAVE TESTS FOR THIS
AND THE FAMILY WAS AWARE
OF THE ALLERGY.

IT WASNT A SURPRISE...

THEYRE ALSO ADVISED TO
CARRY 2 EPI PENS AT ALL TIMES
JUST IN CASE SOMETHING LIKE THIS HAPPENS.

:devil:
:evil:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!

YES THEY DO HAVE TESTS FOR THIS
AND THE FAMILY WAS AWARE
OF THE ALLERGY.

IT WASNT A SURPRISE...

THEYRE ALSO ADVISED TO
CARRY 2 EPI PENS AT ALL TIMES
JUST IN CASE SOMETHING LIKE THIS HAPPENS.

This.

My homie has a peenut allergy and I remember one time that nikka was about to eat a Chic-Fil-A Sammich (they use peanut oil). I had just found out about him having the allergy so when he was about to bite the sandwich I slapped that shyt out of his hand.

He could do things cooked in peanut oil, but can't fukk with any kind of peanuts or nuts. Man, that nikka was furious. I hit the :yeshrug: in real time after he broke it down.

:pachaha:

Daps
Reppin
NYC
This.

My homie has a peenut allergy and I remember one time that nikka was about to eat a Chic-Fil-A Sammich (they use peanut oil). I had just found out about him having the allergy so when he was about to bite the sandwich I slapped that shyt out of his hand.

He could do things cooked in peanut oil, but can't fukk with any kind of peanuts or nuts. Man, that nikka was furious. I hit the :yeshrug: in real time after he broke it down.

You're a good friend though :salute:

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
This.

YEA MY SON HAS A PEANUT ALLERGY
I WAS THE SAME WAY ABOUT
shyt COOKED IN PEANUT OIL...

SNAPPED ON MY POPS ONCE
FOR LEAVING HIS PLATE OF
TURKEY FRIED IN PEANUT OIL
AROUND HIM BECAUSE HE GRABBED A PIECE

WE FOUND OUT LATER THE PROTEIN
IN PEANUTS THAT CAUSE THE ALLERGY
ARE REMOVED WHEN PEANUT OIL IS PROCESSED

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!

YEA MY SON HAS A PEANUT ALLERGY
I WAS THE SAME WAY ABOUT
shyt COOKED IN PEANUT OIL...

SNAPPED ON MY POPS ONCE
FOR LEAVING HIS PLATE OF
TURKEY FRIED IN PEANUT OIL
AROUND HIM BECAUSE HE GRABBED A PIECE

WE FOUND OUT LATER THE PROTEIN
IN PEANUTS THAT CAUSE THE ALLERGY
ARE REMOVED WHEN PEANUT OIL IS PROCESSED

Yeah man, that shyt is scary when they gotta break out the pen.

But that nikka was legit hurt. Felt bad as shyt. Offered that nikka a Papa Johns pizza....bruh was like " I DON'T WANT THAT BULLshyt nikka! :what: "

That's what a nikka get for looking out for the homie :mjcry:

Umoja

Veteran
Daps
It's on the restaurant, not the family, to hire people to serve food properly. If they can't do that they need to close down

The responses about being allergic and never eating out for your whole life sounds great but unrealistic. The allergic deserve accommodations just like you ordering extra cheese no pickles on your burger, especially when they make it clear before the order. Modifying a burger and washing out/setting aside separate utensils for allergy, or just using the right milk is the same accommodation to a business.

It was on the restaurant when they heard the request and said they could do it. That's from experience as prepper, preparer, cashier and manager lol
You sound like those idiots who are too concerned with how things should work in theory.

In practice, do you think someone will get an order right 100% of the time?

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
It's on the restaurant, not the family, to hire people to serve food properly. If they can't do that they need to close down

The responses about being allergic and never eating out for your whole life sounds great but unrealistic. The allergic deserve accommodations just like you ordering extra cheese no pickles on your burger, especially when they make it clear before the order. Modifying a burger and washing out/setting aside separate utensils for allergy, or just using the right milk is the same accommodation to a business.

It was on the restaurant when they heard the request and said they could do it. That's from experience as prepper, preparer, cashier and manager lol
Restaurant got it wrong. Restaurants get orders wrong all the time. Daily occurrence even at the best ones.
Family should have been prepared for that eventuality, instead of pretending like they live in a perfect world where nobody makes mistakes.

BucciMane

Kristina Schulman Bro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Real Titletown

Comparing not asking for something that you’re allergic too, to ordering extra cheese on a burger is absurd. :mjlol: .

Only one of those may result in death. Come on.

I understand your point, but we live in the real world, and not some utopia where everything goes perfect.

Cheese McNair

Bought it this morning, drive it like I stole it
Daps
It’s like how can this be monitored reliably?like there has to be a test conducted where doctors are able to tell parents something to the effect of: “you must not allow her to eat xyz because if you do, then xxx will happen”.

Not sure where you from but they do this in the States. They draw blood then they test it with the main things people are allergic to. Dairy, nuts, etc

If you are allergic, then they suggest you get an Epi-pen.

bnew

Veteran
Daps
Damn RIP. Allergies are no joke. I always carry 2 EpiPens with me everywhere I go because my child has a severe allergy to peanuts and tree nuts. We actually had to use it last year and then you have to bring to the hospital so they can make sure they don’t get another reaction. The best thing is avoidance but the OIT or SLIT treatments can provide bite protection. But any time you go out to eat you are taking a risk because who knows how good is prepared or if people really understand. It’s unrealistic to never go out to eat, like if you’re on vacation.

to do they get a reaction only from ingesting it or if they touch it or touch a surface with the substance?

chineebai

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
to do they get a reaction only from ingesting it or if they touch it or touch a surface with the substance?
I would say for most people it’s ingestion. There are those that can’t even smell it but I think it’s very rare. Also symptoms can get worse so some people might ingest something and get a little itch and think it’s okay but then it progresses into hives coughing wheezing throat closing so basically people need to take it very seriously and use that epipen

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
You sound like those idiots who are too concerned with how things should work in theory.

In practice, do you think someone will get an order right 100% of the time?
His response screamed I was raised by women. Only women think everything is always supposed to go perfect and you don't ever account for mistakes happening, because mistakes ALWAYS happen no matter how good you are.