9th Wonder turning Nas "The Cross" into a classic appreciation

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
Way better than the original. Was the standout of God's Stepson.

NormanConnors

Detroit/MSU Spartan Life
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I liked The Cross :mjlol:

And some of ems beats were flames idgaf

This, and then cats want to say well the credit should go to who he was/is co-producing with. If that's the case then we can look at quite a few cats under a different microscope then :sas2: . That Pandora's box can definitely be opened.

ArchStanton

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Why does Nas get so much flak for The Cross beat but when Jay raps on pretty much the exact same Eminem beat it's crickets :wtf:

I like both, I won't lie. But I often like beats other people despise. The beat he did for Jay-Z on the 8 Mile soundtrack wasn't my favorite, though. Jay made it a decent song, though, if I remember right.

I actually think Eminem was a decent producer when he did beats here and there for people, but he bit off more than he could chew with that 2Pac album.

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
Why does Nas get so much flak for The Cross beat but when Jay raps on pretty much the exact same Eminem beat it's crickets :wtf:

Because it fit into the narrative at the time that Nas was less good at picking beats, and Jay has bigger names doing most of his production like Neptunes, Timbo, Kanye, Just Blaze, etc, so it was looked at as a one off. People definitely weren't gassing up the Moment of Clarity beat and it was definitely looked at as sounding just like The Cross even back then

Izanami

Superstar
Daps
Because it fit into the narrative at the time that Nas was less good at picking beats, and Jay has bigger names doing most of his production like Neptunes, Timbo, Kanye, Just Blaze, etc, so it was looked at as a one off. People definitely weren't gassing up the Moment of Clarity beat and it was definitely looked at as sounding just like The Cross even back then
But in the same vein beats like Made You Look and Get Down were fantastic. ALC laced Nas with 3 stellar beats in that album. Heaven was a great beat too but haters ran with the narrative that the beats on here were bad and 9th was better.

beaniemac

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
to be honest, any beat would be better than the :trash: eminem gave :ahh:

why people in the early 00's thought eminem was a competent producer is beyond me. his beats are HORRIBLE.