9/9/99 - REMEMBERING THE DREAMCAST (16 YEARS LATER)

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
I remember waiting for this ins Super K-Mart's layaway line :mjcry:

Sonic Adventure had a lil nikka :wow:

Then Evolution...Shenmue...Marvel Vs. Capcom 2...Rayman 2....Jet Grind Radio :to:

Give me a minute brehs :sadbron:

Leasy

Let's add some Alizarin Crimson & Van Dyke Brown
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
:whoa: fighting game wise it's the goat console, but that's where it stops.

You tripping Sega is responsible for NBa2k NFL2k Shenmue breh rhose three titles will be remembered for decades.

PlayStation released the DVD amd had GTA 3 which utimately killed the system. Dreamcast had long term plans for the console too.

ChuckTaylor84

Penthouse Player
Supporter
Daps
I never owned a Dreamcast because we couldn't afford one at the time :mjcry:

But for me it was one of the greatest gaming experiences I ever had

Low key the only reason I ever went to my cousins house :shaq:

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
You tripping Sega is responsible for NBa2k NFL2k Shenmue breh rhose three titles will be remembered for decades.

PlayStation released the DVD amd had GTA 3 which utimately killed the system. Dreamcast had long term plans for the console too.
shenmue is a cult hit and 2k ain't become a big deal til 360 came out. madden and live was still running shyt.

im not shytting on the system, I'm just saying fighting games were the only thing that the system had on lock.

mr.africa

Veteran
Daps
so, i played some crazy taxi 2, :wow:
dead or alive 2, :takedat:
watched the soul calibur intro, :mjcry:still beautiful , music and all!!
first stage of sonic adventure :blessed:

just put in my shenmue 2 disk 3.
i still have a file where i saved before the fight with dou niu is about to happen.

:lawd:might round out my dreamcast nostalgia trip with jet set radio and phantasy star online or watch the skies of arcadia intro!!

:ahh::ahh:

nairdas

I've Destroyed Whole Planets
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Dead or Alive 2
Sonic Adventure 1&2
Marvel vs Capcom 2
Soul Calibur
Power Stone 1 & 2
Shenmue
Crazy Taxi

:wow: goat games. My Xianghua and Kilik in SC were unfukkwithable. I miss that system.

:to:

Loken

All Star
Daps
remember the night i got mine

Ready 2 Rumble Boxing on deck

but the game i spent the most time with on DC had to be

Phantasy_Star_Online.PNG

i remember it was a Saturday disconnected the house phone so i could get online an i played that shyt from like 8pm till like 4 in the morning :blessed:

Phillyrider807

My Soundtrack is the second “Carter”
Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
Im probably gonna get flamed.... But it needs to be said. The dreamcast was fukking horrible b.

Edit. Lmfaooo already got negged. So let me break this down so it doesn't seem like im just spitting nonsense.

Yall are really forgetting just how bad this system really was. First lets start with it's shelf life. It was only in stores for a little over a year. HOW IS ANY SYSTEM THAT WAS ONLY SOLD FOR LESS THEN 2 YEARS TOP ANYTHING??

I'm seeing nikkas in this thread saying DC was best system ever and all over my facebook im seeing people say its top 3 systems ever and all this other nonsense.

When you think of PS2. You think of Final Fantasy X,Shadow of the Colossus/MGS3 Snake Eater/GTA San Andreas/Kingdom Hearts/Devil Mary Cry/God Of War

When you think of PS1 you think of Final Fantasy 7/8 MGS/Crash/Twisted Metal/Megaman Legends/Castlevania: Symphony of the Night/Xenogears

When u think of N64 you think of Mario 64/Ocrania of time/Majora's Mask/Star Fox 64/No Mercy/Smash Bros/Mario Kart 64/Goldeneye 007/Diddy Kong Racing/Snowboard Kids/Perfect Dark

Now when think about Dreamcast you think(and take a look at what people are saying in this very thread) Crazy Taxi/Soul Caliber/House of the dead/Powerstone/Marvel vs Capcom 2/

One of these are clearly not like the other.

Yall are confusing dreamcast being amazing with your ability to no longer spend quaters in the Arcade anymore. You take away the arcade ports and your left with a very slim lineup of good games.

Now dont gt me wrong DC had some gems. Jet Set Radio/Shenmue/Phantasy Star Online/Skies Of Arcadia/. But none of that makes the dreamcast anything more then a system that was ahead of it's time.

All this "Dreamcast was goat" nonsense needs to stop. Dreamcast was really one of the worst consoles ever.

I wont even bring up the piracy issues...... Lmfao. :mjlol:

Had to quote myself to educate the sheep! :wow: