[9/9/23] AEW Collision: AEW title tournament semifinals; Hear from Danielson; Bullet Club Gold, Moxley in action

Trips

Superstar
Daps
Breh it's a tribute show to Inoki who passed away last year lol. They are holding it in Seattle where there's a big Asian population and also where Danielson is from who also happens to have ties to Inoki.

It's on October 1st because that's when Inoki passed. TK said that normally he'd never go up against the NFL but he wanted to do something to pay respects to a fallen promoter.

Basically he admitted already that the show probably won't do much business but he wanted to do it anyway.
I was watching football so I didn't see the show. So I responded without full context. That is on me.

Show name is still trash.

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Yeah he said he had promised his daughter/family to start wrapping things up when she was 7 and apparently she’s 6 right now :damn:

Start wrapping things up makes me feel he’ll still be a part timer cause they need him especially with Punk gone. Can’t lose both

Meanwhile the Hardy Boyz can’t take a hint :francis:

The Rainmaker

Mr. Money in the Bank
Daps
If this truly is Dragon's final year, it is time for him to have a title run and have defenses against THE ENTIRE ROSTER. Yes, even Serpentico.

However, if he promised his daughter to retire when she reaches 7... there's an alternative to extend his career...

yGeZRiy.jpg

I'm just joking:whoa:

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
I doubt Danielson is retiring. He discussed this at the press conference. He's not going to travel to Collision every Saturday and within the next year he will make a transition to part time. He said he needs to find a balance between wrestling and family.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
They want him home every day so any backstage role would have to be remote work.
Danielson said the exact opposite, he wants to find a way of being with the fam and helping out AEW. We'll see what happens if Collision is canceled i'm the next 12 months but Dragon said he wants to help the company and will always show up when needed.

Damn Danielson retiring soon :mjcry:

Starks is such a damn good promo :wow:
Yeah he said he had promised his daughter/family to start wrapping things up when she was 7 and apparently she’s 6 right now :damn:
Guess that explains the transition to backstage role. Still, he has some years left (if he’s not reckless). :mjcry:

Kayfabe is one hell of a thing:wow:

His daughter turns 7 close to WM season so he already lying to make it a storyline :bryan:
From the moment he signed a 3 year deal with AEW, Danielson has said this is his last full time contract and all points to him making an angle out of it.

To be honest I'm more surprised Tony didn't extend his deal with the time he's been out with injuries, though I Guess he'll make Dragon pay those dates as a booker/producer instead of a wrestler.

I'm kinda curious what happens un 5-6 years when Birdie is old enough to not vive a fukk about his dad and Danielson goes through the "My kids are old enough to remember what they watch and I want to show them what I can do in the ring" phase that most Legends go through.

Last edited:

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
I doubt Danielson is retiring. He discussed this at the press conference. He's not going to travel to Collision every Saturday and within the next year he will make a transition to part time. He said he needs to find a balance between wrestling and family.
I think he'll be a part timer after this current deal is done, not during it. Injuries will be a factor but he'll probably be present in some form or fashion (could be off sreen) every week until late 2024. After that, we'll ser what happens, a Lot can change un a year.

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
Danielson said the exact opposite, he wants to find a way of being with the fam and helping out AEW. We'll see what happens if Collision is canceled i'm the next 12 months but Dragon said he wants to help the company and will always show up when needed.

Kayfabe is one hell of a thing:wow:

His daughter turns 7 close to WM season so he already lying to make it a storyline :bryan:
From the moment he signed a 3 year deal with AEW, Danielson has said this is his last full time contract and all points to him making an angle out of it.

To be honest I'm more surprised Tony didn't extend his deal with the time he's been out with injuries, though I Guess he'll make Dragon pay those dates as a booker/producer instead of a wrestler.

I'm kinda curious what happens un 5-6 years when Birdie is old enough to not vive a fukk about his dad and Danielson goes through the "My kids are old enough to remember what they watch and I want to show them what I can do in the ring" phase that most Legends go through.
When she becomes a teenager he’s going to want to return to the ring. “That little boy you brought home? He doesn’t show some more respect to the Dragon, tell him to watch Collision this week because if he acts like a little shyt again that’s what I’m going to do to him.”