[9/5/21] All Elite Wrestling: All Out III "Where Champions Are Made"

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Punk looked old, flabby, nervous, and like the entire industry passed him by twice over. Somehow he felt more out of time and older than Christian and Sting, not to mention the guys that came up after him like The Elite, Mox, or even his contemporaries in Bryan and Kingston. He has no edge left after living for years as a millionaire. This man has been living in the same building as Oprah for a decade. That killer instinct to push him beyond his lack of athleticism or size or look wasn't there at all.

Like...Adam Cole's big head felt like a bigger deal and star than Punk. Not to mention Bryan seeming like he's on an entirely different planet than Punk.

Punk's ego and competitiveness is too big for him to stay as the happy go lucky "I wanna help" veteran. He needs to get into a real program against somebody and be able to start telling stories.

He's clearly very motivated. Give him some months to get into ring shape and work his brain into an angle first :yeshrug:

And Bryan IS a in a completely different planet. But it makes sense, he just main evented Wrestlemania and spent the last 3 years being a top guy who was given way more leeway than most wrestlers in WWE. Ever since the heel turn in 2018 his confidence is sky high and dude just carries himself like THE best damn wrestler on the planet, and that is even more evident in an environment like AEW because it's 100% his type of crowd and product. He basically feels like home.

But he also had a "happy go lucky" phase when he came back from retirement. It took him the Miz feud to get his brain going (regardless at how the WWE audience took it, doing a Memphis TV angle in 2018 and a Jerry Lawler match at Summerslam was fukking wild). I don't think Punk can reach Dragon's heights, but he surely can build momentum and confidence as times goes on.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Punk's ego and competitiveness is too big for him to stay as the happy go lucky "I wanna help" veteran. He needs to get into a real program against somebody and be able to start telling stories.

He's clearly very motivated. Give him some months to get into ring shape and work his brain into an angle first :yeshrug:

And Bryan IS a in a completely different planet. But it makes sense, he just main evented Wrestlemania and spent the last 3 years being a top guy who was given way more leeway than most wrestlers in WWE. Ever since the heel turn in 2018 his confidence is sky high and dude just carries himself like THE best damn wrestler on the planet, and that is even more evident in an environment like AEW because it's 100% his type of crowd and product. He basically feels like home.

But he also had a "happy go lucky" phase when he came back from retirement. It took him the Miz feud to get his brain going (regardless at how the WWE audience took it, doing a Memphis TV angle in 2018 and a Jerry Lawler match at Summerslam was fukking wild). I don't think Punk can reach Dragon's heights, but he surely can build momentum and confidence as times goes on.
Once his money got good..all that Rebel shyt..trying to create change? It went right out the window..comical....

Mr. Manhattan

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Always On Demon time :demonic:

minoru-suzuki-scary.jpg
even scarier this is taken from one of his real MMA fights lol

stro

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Indiana

:yeshrug: what made Punk Punk (the anger and chip on his shoulder) doesn't appear to be there anymore now that he's been living as a millionaire for a decade, going out doing all these passion projects on a lark. He's been tamed and been this guy for years now in the public light, so it's not like it is just wrestling related.

PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps
for the brehs who don't know allow me to introduce you to Suzuki :demonic:

grappling/mma/playfighting legend :demonic:

IXpXThW.gif

Y1bTlQI.gif

9kJXuwL.gif

__xrVh.gif

giving shamrock that work legit :ufdup:
6cDIw78.mp4

minorusuzuki-hirookigoto.gif

b220b054b01b196ad07f95c6efd59cc765bfe532_hq.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

7mn_wZtS3mdgYtiRBTEYrZaLkzoZKA879m5tdwtZKHD1jid61XAyEsYJnorFniC1TAT7_4D_6_CBGSDLlGBDG8VPK18HQSjSOJ9vINq7PQuenXCXZaR4X-rzU1HLLi3EfM3HxseH

The story Ken Shamrock tells about meeting Suzuki for the first time and sparring with him is :picard:

Shamrock "I've got a wrestling background, dirty boxing - He's a smaller guy, so I figured I'd squash him - we get going, I take him down, slam him, get on top of him......and the next thing I know, I wake up.......:dwillhuh:"

Tyson: "Whooooooa :ohhh::krs::merchant:"