[9/3/2023] AEW All Out 2023: Live from Chicago (Edit: Now with 100% less brawling out)

Metal Face

Superstar
Daps
this might be their lowest bought ppv ever especially if Punk's not on it :picard:

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
why couldnt they have All Out in September, this is the wackiest booking of a major show in wrestling history, this is supposed to be their Wrestlemania/Summerslam
Because Tony Khan is obsessed with creating "traditions" and running PPVs on holiday weekends. He ran Wembley because it was a bank holiday in England and he didn't want to change All Out because it's Labor Day weekend.

He's so enamored with the idea that he already confirmed he's doing the exact same schedule of back to back big shows in the exact same cities next year.

Daps
Reppin
Eagle, Colorado
All_Out_2023_Poster.jpeg

Live from the United Center in Chicago (again), it's AEW All Out 2023 (possibly Brawl Out 2 as well). So far five official matches have been announced with 7 days remaining until the PPV:
  • International Championship: Orange Cassody (c) vs. Jon Moxley
  • TNT Championship: Luchasaurus (w/Christian Cage) (C) vs. Darby Allin
  • TBS Championship: Kris Statlander (C) vs. Ruby Soho
  • Powerhouse Hobbs vs. Miro
  • Kenny Omega vs. Konosuke Takeshyta
I assume we will see matches for the AEW Title and Trios Titles take place on the show.
Not worth the money.

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
I bet this is going to be AEW’s lowest financial show. Wembley on top of a chance of no Punk, plus doing all the shows over there in a week. The card looks solid on paper tho.

taker597

Superstar
Daps
All In is pretty clearly their WrestleMania now, but TK has said he wants like a WrestleMania style week instead of putting it all into one weekend.

And All Out IS in September, by the way
I wish Tony can come up with better names for event. Something could give some prestige and not something he finds in an auto text bar from his phone.

WrestleDream isn't bad tho.

Cognito

All Star
Daps
:dead: The fact Triple H has done more storybuilding for random Shinsuke vs Franklin feud than Tony did for Omega vs Take

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
I bet this is going to be AEW’s lowest financial show. Wembley on top of a chance of no Punk, plus doing all the shows over there in a week. The card looks solid on paper tho.

Gatewise given its at the UC and sold more than previous All Outs when ticket prices werent dropped yet it might be okay

PPV buys might be cooked tho

Last edited:

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
Gatewise given its at the UC and sold more than previous All Outs when ticket prices werent dropped yet it might be okay

PPV buys might be cooked tho
Yeah TK said last week it was already a million dollar gate. All but 20 of the tickets left are under $50 so they aren’t going to move the needle much financially anymore on ticket sales. And most of those tickets were the nosebleed seats so they were in the cheaper side to begin with.

I had assumed PPV buys would be cooked when both were announced as PPVs with no package deal. Anyone picking just one of the two was going to pick All In. But they had the most PPV buys they’ve had in over a year for All In so that will offset the decrease at least some.

Last edited:

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
So nothing new here in terms of Bryan recapping the situation but one little tidbit in here that surprised me

When Jack said that the guys at Dynamite approved the glass segment.....they told him he could go rent the car :mjtf:

AEW Wrestlers have to buy the stuff to break for their segments?:why: