[9/10] ABC Presents The Main Event: Kamala vs. Trump 2024 Debate Thread (9pm EST)

Who won the debate?

• Kamala

Votes: 213 65.3%
  • Trump

Votes: 10 3.1%
  • F*ck Hulk Hoegan

Votes: 103 31.6%

• Total voters

RageKage

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Macragge

Harris-Trump debate nabs more than 67 million viewers, Nielsen says​

Nielsen's estimate is an improvement over the debate between President Joe Biden and former President Donald Trump in late June.

The debate stage clash between Vice President Kamala Harris and former President Donald Trump drew an estimated 67.1 million viewers, according to the media analytics company Nielsen.

The estimated viewership improved on the ratings for the match-up between Trump and President Joe Biden in late June, which attracted roughly 51.3 million viewers — and effectively derailed Biden's re-election bid.

ABC hosted and aired the Harris-Trump faceoff, which was simulcast on 17 networks, including NBC and MSNBC, according to Nielsen.

(more in article)

Micky Mikey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Yup this is what it all boils down too. White people have a monumental and historically consequential decision to make. Vote for the black women or crash out the entire country by voting for a convicted conman who wants to destroy our democracy. Considering the historical collective actions taken by American white people I'm not too optimisitic. They're the reason why we're in this political crisis in the first place. This country, given its vast wealth and resources could be incredible if they simply accepted the idea of a multi-racial democracy. But many of them have been brainwashed to believe America is exclusively for them and them only.

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

bnew

Veteran
Daps

Taylor Swift Drove Nearly 338K People to Vote.gov With Kamala Harris Endorsement Post​

According to data from the GSA, Swift's post directed 337,826 people to the site, which refers people to their local state election websites.

September 11, 2024 2:17pm

Taylor Swift

Taylor Swift Photo by Terry Wyatt/Getty Images

Taylor Swift‘s endorsement of Vice President Kamala Harris led to a surge of visitors to Vote.gov, the U.S. government website that helps citizens understand how they can register to vote.

According to a spokesperson for the U.S. Government Services Administration, Swift’s endorsement post on Instagram led directly to 337,826 people visiting vote.gov.

“As of 2:00 P.M. on Wednesday, September 11, there have been 337,826 visitors to vote.gov referred from the custom URL created and shared by Ms. Swift,” the spokesperson told The Hollywood Reporter.

Vote.gov does not register visitors to vote but rather directs them to their local state election websites for more specific voting information. It uses data analytic tools to monitor referrals to the site, including referrals from custom links, such as the one used by Swift in her Instagram post.

Swift endorsed Harris on Tuesday night after her debate with former President Trump, writing, “I’m voting for @kamalaharris because she fights for the rights and causes I believe need a warrior to champion them,” the Grammy-winning singer wrote. “I think she is a steady-handed, gifted leader and I believe we can accomplish so much more in this country if we are led by calm and not chaos. I was so heartened and impressed by her selection of running mate @timwalz, who has been standing up for LGBTQ+ rights, IVF, and a woman’s right to her own body for decades.

“I’ve done my research, and I’ve made my choice. Your research is all yours to do, and the choice is yours to make,” she added. “I also want to say, especially to first time voters: Remember that in order to vote, you have to be registered! I also find it’s much easier to vote early. I’ll link where to register and find early voting dates and info in my story.”

Swifties for Kamala, the coalition working to elect Harris, said on Wednesday, “We never doubted Taylor would endorse at the right time because we know that her values align with Harris and our community. We are excited to see the momentum she will bring to this campaign.”

Trump, meanwhile, responded to her endorsement on Fox News on Wednesday morning, saying he “was not a Taylor Swift fan” and that “she’ll probably pay a price for it in the marketplace.”

bnew

Veteran
Daps

1/29
@highbrow_nobrow
“When you see Trump with Putin, as I have on a few occassions, he’s like the 12-year old boy that goes to high school and meets the captain of the football team. ‘My hero!’ It’s really creepy.”

- @TurnbullMalcolm, 29th Prime Minister of Australia.

2/29
@highbrow_nobrow
This perfectly describes Donald Trump.

3/29
@highbrow_nobrow
If you’re not following us, please do. We would appreciate it. Thank you.

4/29
@RexChapman
Confirms the suspicions.

5/29
@Kimmi1965
They are laughing at you Donald.

6/29
@MojaveLibby
“Trump was the perfect target [for Russia] in a lot of ways: his vanity, narcissism made him a natural target to recruit. He was cultivated over a 40-year period, right up through his election.” From 2021
‘The perfect target’: Russia cultivated Trump as asset for 40 years – ex-KGB spy

7/29
@HewittNewton
Trump/Putin

8/29
@DrHaidenthaler
I don’t think Trump is admiring Putin.
I think he is blackmailed by Putin.
So he just has to be a good servant and subordinate.

9/29
@Ablationist
Trump Media Stock down nearly 11%

Stock market is doing fine one day after the debate debacle… what does that tell us?

10/29
@Pensandpages
The rest of the world can see Trump for exactly what he is. They are not subject to Russian disinformation regarding Trump and Maga in their countries, so they see Donald Trump completely unfiltered. Like PM Turnbill said, he's really creepy, and everyone can see it. America needs to take all cult blinders off now.

11/29
@thepeopleofwa
the con is a child. and that's why he couldn't answer last night's debate question... do you want UKRAINE to win? he's afraid of what daddy might say.

12/29
@BBQVatniks
A wannabe dictator who looks up to an established dictator.

Sick.

13/29
@yangsteve
And according to @OMGrisham who accompanied him to meet Putin, Trump only wanted to meet Putin by himself, and Putin had a Russian translator who got Trump’s interest more than the state affairs. 👇

14/29
@do_whats_rite
Labels of a relationship and perceptions of the interaction aside, here are the questions:

1. Does Turnbull think this relationship affected the Ukraine was invasion negatively in any way? If so, how?
2. How has Trump’s relationship with Putin negatively affected the US, where a less cordial relationship would not have?

Until I am convinced otherwise, there were zero negative effects from Trump’s relationship with Xi, Putin and any other foreign leaders.

Trump has US initiatives first when it comes to trade balance as well as our involvement in foreign conflicts. And you didn’t see anything negative while he was president, and you saw very specific activity after Biden got in and after his dialogue with Putin.

15/29
@ericmourant
hehe

16/29
@rushba_ansar
Very wise

17/29
@Vabulous1959
Omg they now are introducing international globalist to the mixture. I wondered what went wrong with the Aussie country we have grown to know and love. The answer, bought and paid for . Not surprising since China owns most of there land. Ignore the propaganda

18/29
@k9rescue
**The Fear Beneath**

It wasn’t Trump they held so dear,
But hatred, rage, and racial fear.
It echoed in each harsh debate,
A rallying cry for love of hate.

It’s not the jobs, nor money lost,
But demographics they exhaust.
A shrinking share, they feel the slide,
Of whiteness fading with their pride.

In 1980, white was king,
But now they see the numbers swing.
From eighty down to fifty-eight,
They fear becoming second-rate.

The older ones, they fear the fall,
Of what they knew, when white stood tall.
They long for days when none would dare
To challenge who had held the chair.

It wasn’t really jobs or trade,
That fueled the fears these men displayed.
But who is rising, who is free—
The threat to their supremacy.

Each chant, each cheer, was not for gain,
But just to keep their power plain.
For Trump became the face they wore
To guard the past, and close the door.

The future looms, the numbers change,
They sense it near, it feels so strange.
They know their time is slipping past,
And grasp for what may never last.

19/29
@Cecil_Gericke
Gaslight Media. A new flavor of Koolaid every day.

20/29
@creatingpages
Lol...and Australia is not tyrannical in any way...did you do this after 9/11?

21/29
@Martikoester
All you talking heads wouldn’t have to be on social media trying to bash the other opponent if your candidate wasn’t doing such a horrible job.Actions speak louder than words!

22/29
@MrsChase27
And yet- he is the only president that soothed waters and maintained peace. He was even nominated (TWICE) for the Nobel Peace prize. But of course no one was allowed to show him any favor or they were cancelled. What sheep you are.

23/29
@Cubfan13241
Have you ever seen him look at anyone else like this?

24/29
@tessarowenalouw
This is how the rest of the world sees it too - trump adores putin.

25/29
@timeindawater1
Trump with Putin is “really creepy”
THREAD:

26/29
@Sag13Archer
Last night’s debate reminded me of the meeting Trump had with Putin when he walked out, head hung down, looking like Putin told him do as I say or else.

27/29
@PAZvol
It is creepy how Trump worships the tyrants.

28/29
@B_E_Andre
And what’s worse is that Putin is fully aware of this. In all the televised meetings there’s a smirk on his face. Putin thinks Trump is an idiot. Very handy.

29/29
@karrina_mh
Glad that world leaders are speaking out against him. To truly understand how he weirded them out. How unfit he really is. How he cannot be president again.

/search?q=#TrumpisaDementedWeirdo
/search?q=#TrumpIsUnfitForOffice
/search?q=#harriswalz2024

To post tweets in this format, more info here: https://www.thecoli.com/threads/tips-and-tricks-for-posting-the-coli-megathread.984734/post-52211196
GXOAgvTXIAEzc6X.jpg

GXQ8Z4AXkAErNJ2.jpg

GXQ8Z7LWQAA-Q6B.jpg

GXSATq6WQAAFSy7.jpg

GXQvVcZX0AAGRzZ.jpg

GXPm_RgWMAAa3LA.jpg

bnew

Veteran
Daps